2015.05.08 - Webster Hall, New York, NY, US

Victoroy

if you aren't coming alone, it starts to pay to drive in my opinion, then again i hate public transport. i like being on my own schedule. there are some good deals here:

http://spothero.com/search/?latitude=40.731763&longitude=-73.98913&start_date=05-08-2015&start_time=0600PM&end_date=05-09-2015&end_time=0100AM&q=Webster%2BHall%252C%2BEast%2B11th%2BStreet%252C%2BNew%2BYork%252C%2BNY%252C%2BUnited%2BStates

I live on 12th street, literally on the opposite side of the block from the venue, and I can tell you that public transit is your best bet. Finding parking in the East Village on a Friday is going to be a massive hassle, not to mention they raise the rates on Firdays and Saturdays. Union Square is 3 blocks away, and is arguably the biggest subway station in NYC so either taking the train in or park somewhere uptown and then take the subway to Union Square would be the easiest way to get to the show :D

I live on 12th street, literally on the opposite side of the block from the venue, and I can tell you that public transit is your best bet. Finding parking in the East Village on a Friday is going to be a massive hassle, not to mention they raise the rates on Firdays and Saturdays. Union Square is 3 blocks away, and is arguably the biggest subway station in NYC so either taking the train in or park somewhere uptown and then take the subway to Union Square would be the easiest way to get to the show :D

i agree about street parking, but i posted a link that has reasonable garage prices. if you are coming from long island, westchester, or new jersey the trains have become quite expensive and it adds up when there is more than one person. i will gladly pay $20 to take my own car and have the freedom of my own schedule with my car parked 1000 feet from the venue. :)

I don't have much experience with all GA venues. Do most people usually rush to the pit to be close to the stage? My and my girlfriend would actually rather be up in the balcony close to the stage. Do those areas of venues tend to fill up quick? Or just the floor?

People tend to rush to the barrier. But idk, never seen a show here before.

seems like i am the only person that was not and still not able to get tickets through the pre-sale, Total mismanagement from TicketWeb. Oh well guess I am going to have to try my hand at this mess tomorrow with the masses.

And yes I tried everything from different browser's different codes, clearing out cache, logged in to ticketweb to being logged out.

Get either invalid code. Code cannot be used anymore, sold out (this one I can accept), invalid ticket amount.

Since I'm driving into NYC, I've never been to Webster Hall before. What is the parking situation like over there?

if you lucky you can find parking for $40

does anyone know if Webster hall has a balcony?

I don't have much experience with all GA venues. Do most people usually rush to the pit to be close to the stage? My and my girlfriend would actually rather be up in the balcony close to the stage. Do those areas of venues tend to fill up quick? Or just the floor?

this is a rare special show. it's going to be a MADHOUSE, they have not played small venues in the US since 2006 I believe

Do they really check IDs at Webster hall though? I've been there a bunch of times and my ID gets checked but I'm usually waiting for a wristband to drink. My niece is going to try to get tickets tomorrow but she's 17 just wondering if she will even be able to get in.

No matter what show, my ID gets checked at Webster (and I am very obviously well over 21).

What is the logistics of the site you posted? You pay in advance? Is it valet? $20 is super reasonable for less hassle worrying about public transportation. Just want to make sure there won't be a hassle if I book now when I show up to park.

I appreciate everyone's help! I've only ever been to NYC once (despite growing up in CT), and when I went, I took the ferry from Staten Island, which was great, but not the most efficient.

Thanks!!

What is the logistics of the site you posted? You pay in advance? Is it valet? $20 is super reasonable for less hassle worrying about public transportation. Just want to make sure there won't be a hassle if I book now when I show up to park.

I appreciate everyone's help! I've only ever been to NYC once (despite growing up in CT), and when I went, I took the ferry from Staten Island, which was great, but not the most efficient.

Thanks!!

yup, you pay in advance and either print it out or just have the pass scanned from your phone. i have been using this for most NYC concerts the last several years, never had an issue. You pull in, they park it for you, you get a ticket and come get your car after the show. the particular deal i found for $20 is good from 6pm to 4am, but other deals will vary so make sure it accommodates your needs. there are several good deals currently for $20 or less within a half mile of the venue...a couple much closer.

seems like i am the only person that was not and still not able to get tickets through the pre-sale, Total mismanagement from TicketWeb. Oh well guess I am going to have to try my hand at this mess tomorrow with the masses.

And yes I tried everything from different browser's different codes, clearing out cache, logged in to ticketweb to being logged out.

Get either invalid code. Code cannot be used anymore, sold out (this one I can accept), invalid ticket amount.

I didn't even get a place to add the code - just got a "tickets are not on sale yet" message.

I truthfully do not know how I got tickets....it said invalid code and I was about to refresh on my phone when I noticed the menu to choose amount was there.

It makes no sense, that Presale was super frustrating and even though I got tickets I still think it should have been handled better and every code should have worked

yup, you pay in advance and either print it out or just have the pass scanned from your phone. i have been using this for most NYC concerts the last several years, never had an issue. You pull in, they park it for you, you get a ticket and come get your car after the show. the particular deal i found for $20 is good from 6pm to 4am, but other deals will vary so make sure it accommodates your needs. there are several good deals currently for $20 or less within a half mile of the venue...a couple much closer.

Excellent! I appreciate all the advice!!