2015.05.08 - Webster Hall, New York, NY, US

Victoroy

Well I have been more than abused in an attempt to get a ticket. It has been rough, especially craigslist my lord what people!

If anyone has an extra ticket I live and work in NYC, and can be at the venue within an hour. I am very reliable and would be happy to pay asking price plus extra. Thanks for the consideration

This is more what I was expecting. I don't think we will ever be "in control" of our tickets to prevent scalping. I figured if I get there a little after the doors open the initial rush of those who have been camped out will have died down.

I'm assuming there is no opening act and that Muse will come on sometime around 8:30 so getting there around 6:45 should give plenty of time.

i've still yet to attend a legit concert without an opening act, even when none was mentioned. i would expect someone to open.

it looks like the "club night" which is every friday night in the grand ballroom with doors at 10pm no longer has tickets available, so I am assuming they have canceled it for the Friday that muse will be there. if this is the case, i could imagine a very normal stage time of 9-9:30pm for muse.

i am hoping this is correct as I will be picking up my friend (and ticket holder) from JFK at 5pm. :LOL:

i've still yet to attend a legit concert without an opening act, even when none was mentioned. i would expect someone to open.

it looks like the "club night" which is every friday night in the grand ballroom with doors at 10pm no longer has tickets available, so I am assuming they have canceled it for the Friday that muse will be there. if this is the case, i could imagine a very normal stage time of 9-9:30pm for muse.

i am hoping this is correct as I will be picking up my friend (and ticket holder) from JFK at 5pm. :LOL:

You may very well be right. I would assume the normal curfew of 11 will be in effect (although this is technically a "club" so maybe there are different rules).

I've definitely attended concerts without opening acts, Paul McCartney and Billy Joel come to mind, so it is not unheard of.

Regardless, I would love to fast forward to next week, these days are moving too slowly.

I went to a theater show with The Killers at the start of their last cycle - also one of these special kinda of smaller pre-release/release shows - and they didn't have an opener. Also Madonna and Springsteen in recent years have had no openers, and it's looking like U2 may not have any on their upcoming dates (well the tour starts in two weeks and no one has been announced).

I went to a theater show with The Killers at the start of their last cycle - also one of these special kinda of smaller pre-release/release shows - and they didn't have an opener. Also Madonna and Springsteen in recent years have had no openers, and it's looking like U2 may not have any on their upcoming dates (well the tour starts in two weeks and no one has been announced).

interesting. has muse played without an opener? i can't remember a time in recent memory they have, but it doesn't mean it won't happen.

basically, i just want them to hold off until 9pm. :LOL:

are they really going to keep the club night on? that would mean doors for that at 10pm, limiting muse time and meaning they could go on early. really hope this isn't the case.

http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=5502225&pl=webhall&REFID=whsite

I've been to shows there where there was overlap with club night and other bands going on in the studio space, didn't affect either.

are they really going to keep the club night on? that would mean doors for that at 10pm, limiting muse time and meaning they could go on early. really hope this isn't the case.

http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=5502225&pl=webhall&REFID=whsite

Look at the poster, Marlin Room, Balcony Lounge and Studio are only places that appear to have anything.

http://www.websterhall.com/the-rooms/

I doubt they could successfully have a Muse gig, clear it out and be ready for 10pm even if Muse went on at 8 with no opening act.

Look at the poster, Marlin Room, Balcony Lounge and Studio are only places that appear to have anything.

http://www.websterhall.com/the-rooms/

I doubt they could successfully have a Muse gig, clear it out and be ready for 10pm even if Muse went on at 8 with no opening act.

those are other things. the girls and boys club night is in the grand ballroom usually and according to the calendar, but hopefully it just happens later or in another part of the venue.

http://www.websterhall.com/calendar/

I've been to shows there where there was overlap with club night and other bands going on in the studio space, didn't affect either.

that's good to know. last time i was there was for paul banks solo, and it wasn't a club night. i'm just gonna stress myself out about this show until the day of.

Given no Piano on Psycho tour, I'm guessing Sing for Absolution, Blackout, The Small Print, Thoughts of Dying a Atheist are fair options.

Pretty sure Blackout and Endlessly have never been played in the US before, or very rarely. Those would be pretty epic and long overdue.

Edited by halo eighteen

Apparently a French fan met Matt today, and he said they're playing Apocalypse Please in the U.S., and they also rehearsed TSP but Matt wouldn't confirm whether or not they would play that as well. Said the U.S. gigs will have Absolution rarities in place of the Showbiz rarities of the Psycho tour.