What's the state with the album now; am I right in thinking it's completely finished/mixed/done? I've seen several reviewers listening to the album and was just wondering why the June 8th release?

Is it just to simply try and build up even more hype in the general public?

Notice they're steering well clear of Mumford's release this time round

In fact there doesn't seem to be anything being released around the same time that would affect sales, seems like a pretty solid release date. The only massive artist other than Muse is Jason Derulo who releases his a week before Muse, but I doubt the demographic overlaps too much :p

Tbf, Muse did get number 1 in the UK last time despite The 2nd Law coming out in the same month as albums by The Killers, Mumford & Sons and Green Day. I thought that the main reason T2L came out 2 weeks later than initially planned was because of the fact the last Killers album was out on the same day.

Interview with Sopitas for mexican radio:

http://podcasting.grupolatinoderadio.com/pocasting/MX/W/notas/2722698.mp3

Thank you @muse_argentina (on twitter)

Edit: Matt talks first at around minute 6 ... Can someone sum up the spanish parts????

There's not much to add that we didn't know already.

They met on the beach which surprised the interviewer somewhat

The band are proud of the work for the album

Drones represents not only military robots but also people that no longer have reason, they are willing to kill others etc

Then I sort of lost my trail. There is the discussion about JFK. The spanish kinda sums up Matt's parts with some discussion from the presenters

Mumford and Sons are so overrated. Literally all their songs pretty much sound the same to me.

I don't see the album leaking until a day or two before the release.

Though highly unlikely, there could be a BHR moment where the cds are sent to the reviewers/people and one of the people there leak it