Couldn't remember how to play it and didn't have enough time to relearn it at Manchester, iirc. Didn't hear about him not thinking he could sing it, he could've said that though. If that's the case, they could always take it down a semitone if needs be.

Looked up the definition for 'quantum entanglement' and I've no idea what the fuck Matt's on about. Might just be a fancy way of saying that the two have similar themes.

I had heard the bit about a fan saying he didn't think he could hit the notes, but it confused me for the same reason - there's plenty of songs they either lower, or alter notes in, that it could have worked, I would assume.

Also, they had time to learn to play Assassin, right? And Tom said they were more or less taking requests in the first place.

"Quantum entanglement" would mean, basically, that two things are so entwined/interlinked they can't be described separately.

I had heard the bit about a fan saying he didn't think he could hit the notes, but it confused me for the same reason - there's plenty of songs they either lower, or alter notes in, that it could have worked, I would assume.

Also, they had time to learn to play Assassin, right? And Tom said they were more or less taking requests in the first place.

"Quantum entanglement" would mean, basically, that two things are so entwined/interlinked they can't be described separately.

so maybe they play Showbiz and straight afterwards The Handler then?

I personally find it easier to
to the highest I can sing rather than. It's probably not the same for everyone though.

Likewise, I'm much happier singing the Showbiz progression than the Survival one. Especially as Survival is chest voice for that little bit beforehand.

Matt:

"there's a track called JFK where we found this cool JFK speech were he's talking about human spirit, freedom and independence and all this stuff. And round that is when the album transisions....and we put music to it and stuff. After that, the album takes on a whole different journey where humanity is more worht than technoligy..and sort of indivudual freedom stuff figting back..."

Edited by Claudia O.

Matt:

"there's a really solid love song called Aftermath...Defector is good, in terms of positive..and Revolt is really kind of inspired people to have courage in themselves and believe in themselves....and Aftermath is really a nice lovesong. Aftermath is the opposite of Dead inside. Dead inside is like the anti-lovesong. And Aftermath is the rediscovery of love.."

Pew :eek::LOL: hope I got it right!

I've got a bad feeling about that Defector-Revolt-Aftermath trio. Seems like it could be a minefield of cheese, and not the good kind.

I hope not, but by then more than half of the abum is over and it is supposed to be "dark" until JFK...do you know what I mean?

Sorry for not writing in one post, don't know how to quote more often..