Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

the love or hate or the solo seems to be if you're a guitarist or not... i love it :LOL:

This :LOL:

I absolutely loved the song from the first full YT vid I saw. I don't understand the extent of some of the sniffiness about classic rock on here, I think the chorus sounds great (return of the distorted vocals as well, which is always a plus). The verses have that TSP or MKU urgency about them and the outro is nice and heavy as well (and am I imagining the sound of an air raid siren or something playing over it?)

Also, is it just me or is there the most blatant but brief homage to the Back in Black solo at 3:00?

It rocks.

It has crazy guitar sounds.

It has a nice solo.

It has some high pitched vocals.

But mehhhhhhhh. I don't like classic rock, and the lyrics make me cringe.

And for the love of god, whatever they do next, I'm never gonna like it.

I'm gonna listen to Citizen Erased now, and create pretentious comments in my head on how I'm about to degrade your next positive comments.

Yeah I know. A friend of mine used to call it the "Whore Cadence" as there are infinite number of songs written with it

It never gets old though. Unlike that bloody fifths progression Muse used to spam everywhere.

I love the Space Dementia-style ending

This needs to be on the album, and stay as a closer. We need a proper fuck-off ending with space noise and Matt throwing guitars.

It rocks.

It has crazy guitar sounds.

It has a nice solo.

It has some high pitched vocals.

But mehhhhhhhh. I don't like classic rock, and the lyrics make me cringe.

And for the love of god, whatever they do next, I'm never gonna like it.

I'm gonna listen to Citizen Erased now, and create pretentious comments in my head on how I'm about to degrade your next positive comments.

You could make out the lyrics? :erm:

This :LOL:

I absolutely loved the song from the first full YT vid I saw. I don't understand the extent of some of the sniffiness about classic rock on here, I think the chorus sounds great (return of the distorted vocals as well, which is always a plus). The verses have that TSP or MKU urgency about them and the outro is nice and heavy as well (and am I imagining the sound of an air raid siren or something playing over it?)

Also, is it just me or is there the most blatant but brief homage to the Back in Black solo at 3:00?

I said the same thing about the black in black solo. Theres one small section of this that is literally straight from ACDC. It's only like 2 seconds but still. The fuck. If that is in the real song...

I wonder if this song would be drawing the AC/DC comparisons if it weren't known that Mutt Lange produced the record.

As a guy who grew up on AC/DC and classic rock in general, I am really struggling to find the comparisons. Matt plays a blues penatonic lick in the solo and all of a sudden they are AC/DC. That being said, the main riff does have a blues feel to it. Atleast he wasn't playing it with a synthesizer!

I'll reserve my judgement on the lyrics and vocal melodies until I hear the studio version, since the videos aren't the clearest.