Do you like The Globalist?  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Globalist?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

I agree. Cut out the first part, whether you like it or not is irrelevant, it should have been a Drill Sergeant or JFK so I could've just deleted it. Then the heavy part should have been roughly the same length as a normal heavy Muse song and you would've had a CEII.

I won't be listening to it as it just annoys me how great this could have been

This is starting to get irritating. Is it that hard to compose your own piece?

In fairness, (as I said in the other thread), this is far from the first time they have written a song or a massive chunk of a song directly on top of a well-known classical piece. It used to be a signature thing of theirs. (though perhaps not... quite this obvious)

Edited by spark_

This is starting to get irritating. Is it that hard to compose your own piece?

I think that when music is written, the ideas and concepts have to marry well with the feelings and sentiments. I think without that partnership music is sterile...

This song/album, for me, needed moments like "I need to LOVE" in Madness.

The end is like the grand finale of a middle school musical about world peace. Yawning parents are ready to go home but they have to sit through six more minutes of this crap and pretend to be proud.

brilliant :LOL:

Did they credit Elgar??

i think the license on his music has ran out, no credit needed (legally) even stuff like space dementia is full of Rachmaninov progressions...

Because Matt more or less straight up implied it was CE2, IIRC

He did, but then if you followed his interviews, he apparently clarified and said that it was an experiment to see if he could write in that style, or mindset, or whatever.

And that it then influenced the rest of the album.

That one German (I think) article that cast doubt on whether it was on the album or not.

He initially (allegedly) told someone it was a lyrical "continuation" or something, but he's also talked about reworking lyrics. Or maybe we just have no idea wtf CE was even about.

Phew, I see I'm not the only one disappointed by it... Seriously tho, first part good, metal part ok, last part would have been very good but it's exactly like the end of aftermath, so it's repetitive with that...

When that tremolo riff kicked in among all the crashing drums. Mother of god. That was insta-goosebumps and already cemented as one of my favorite individual Muse moments. Up there with when the guitar comes in during Exo 1.

They should've extended that tremolo bit one repeat though.

Still overall the song disappointed. Middle section should've been longer. Intro and outro are beautiful imo.

i think the license on his music has ran out, no credit needed (legally) even stuff like space dementia is full of Rachmaninov progressions...

Thought that. For their own sakes I think they should come out and say it though, no way they can try and pass it off as original.