Do you like The Globalist?  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Globalist?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

Do really like this song. Agree with other comments - song does feel slightly disjointed.

Do love that countdown to the launch of the Nuclear bombs, just a shame that section wasn't a bit longer or developed into its own song.

Disappointed because the best part of the song was also the shortest and simplest. It's still a good song. 2nd on the album for me but my hype level was pretty high tbh. And it barely didn't meet it.

If you think the rest of it are beautiful, that's hardly grounds for disappointment though.

It's actually the riff where this starts going wrong for me. Up until then it's a really atmospheric, sweeping song with lovely vocals. Then the riff kicks in and it's pretty average, which it then compounds by going off on a build to nowhere. The final part really does sound like they dug out an unused USoE take and recorded new vocals.

It's not a bad song really, but it reminds me a lot of Butterflies and Hurricanes in that it's trying to be the epic centrepiece of the album but it just isn't quite up to the job.

I get so depressed listening to TG. It's a fantastic song. I don't mind the ending as well. It's a chill ending. But the heavy part. It should have been longer. No excuses. It should have been longer and everytime I listen to it and it ends I just fall into a depressed state and don't want to listen to anything anymore

Pull yourself together, man! There's a whole world of music out there!

The end is like the grand finale of a middle school musical about world peace. Yawning parents are ready to go home but they have to sit through six more minutes of this crap and pretend to be proud.

This is the best thing I've read today. :LOL:

The end is like the grand finale of a middle school musical about world peace. Yawning parents are ready to go home but they have to sit through six more minutes of this crap and pretend to be proud.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I literally had tears in my eyes laughing! :D

Thank you!

Although I have to say, I think this song is pretty good. I wish the piano part was shorter, and the me(n)tal part was longer, but still, I think it is a great track, musically very brave.

I expected mass butthurt when the song didn't sound like a rehashed CE. Fan base did not disappoint.

For a 10 minute song it positively flies by.

The riff is over too quickly, and that mini solo feels like a last minute addition and a waste of a good idea.

That ending though, what :LOL: I love the fact that not only is it cheesy and ridiculous, it's almost the exact same thing they did one song before.

Awesome track imho.

When that tremolo riff kicked in among all the crashing drums. Mother of god. That was insta-goosebumps and already cemented as one of my favorite individual Muse moments. Up there with when the guitar comes in during Exo 1.

They should've extended that tremolo bit one repeat though.

Still overall the song disappointed. Middle section should've been longer. Intro and outro are beautiful imo.

I know, right? When I heard the tempo slow down I could literally see it go downhill I was like, 'MUSE WAT R U DOIN MUSE STAHP!'

But no. Matt just HAD to go all eura-SIA! again.

Am I the only one who has been repeating the heavy part only, for infinity now?

I can't get over how amazing the part when tremolo kicks in is. Why the hell did it play such a small role :(

Yeah. That tremolo is one of the best things on the album imo