Well then the follow up question is, of course, higher than what?

Here's the ticket price of their gigs in Hong Kong:

(USD)

2007: 87.74 (http://www.musewiki.org/Hong_Kong_AsiaWorld-Expo_2007_%28gig%29)

2010: 74.84 (http://www.musewiki.org/Hong_Kong_AsiaWorld-Expo_2010_%28gig%29)

2015: 100.64 (http://www.musewiki.org/Hong_Kong_AsiaWorld-Expo_2015_%28gig%29)

A lot of people travel to see them and have non-refundable travel plans, and they know this. Especially with the limited range of the dates.

I'm worried about them calling off some of these gigs myself (someone would just be "sick" or something) but it would be a massive dick move, as like has been said, they know this setup is large compared to their popularity, and the notice is way too short.

I think I wouldn't support them any longer, if they pulled something like that.

I wouldn't worry too much. Just because these concerts didn't sell out, it doesn't mean they're not selling well. Even if they're not completely full, venues will be significantly packed anyway, considering the band's popularity.

Yeah, some of them are literally half empty :LOL:

I mean this was obviously gonna happen, i would be really embarrased to bring a 360 stage and play for 6k people, how is that gonna help their popularity :LOL:

Even worse if they'd cancel, I would think.

I dunno - weren't some shows on T2L tour played to less than 6,000?

Yes. Quite a few of them, actually. It was just substantially less noticeable, as they didn't sell the obstructed view seats.

Yeah I would agree - its one thing to play to that few people, but the PR fallout from cancelling for that would be pretty toxic.

If they come out and play a short set, with a shitty attitude, because they didn't have their shit together with these US dates, or worse, cancel...

If they didn't suspect these kinds of sales, the band seriously needs to take a close look at their management and make some changes.

They've got just as much business playing Detroit as almost anywhere else in America. They managed 12,000 in 2010, so that's a good reference. Ticket sales are soft so far, but they're not abysmal. Chicago, Denver/SLC, and Atlanta should be announced quite soon, I would think.

Playing 'in the round' in USA is kind of nonsensical, but when have Muse ever really made sense? I think it was around 2010 that they said they didn't want to shortchange North America by not giving the same stage production, so I take that as a conscious effort of the band to treat their fans here to the same experience (aside from the shorter setlists) even if it cuts into their profits. Surely the same thing is taking place now.

No rock bands sell well anymore. I saw NIN at a half empty stadium in San Antonio on their last tour. Half empty in Dallas for T2L. Who cares? Just enjoy yourself, when the lights are off it's hard to see.

Omg THANK YOU! I am so sick of the negativity of all the boards. I can hardly check them without getting completely ticked off. I'm just about to leave because people are ridiculous.

Omg THANK YOU! I am so sick of the negativity of all the boards. I can hardly check them without getting completely ticked off. I'm just about to leave because people are ridiculous.

During tour season, best just to stay off. People will complain no matter what. I'm ecstatic that Plug In Baby is back, Citizen Erased is in every show and Apocalypse Please is showing up. I'm excited about the stage setup. The people complaining are the people who go to 20 shows and will never be happy, or grow up. Just ignore it, go to your show and the thread for it, and have fun. This has happened with every tour.

Yes. Quite a few of them, actually. It was just substantially less noticeable, as they didn't sell the obstructed view seats.

If they come out and play a short set, with a shitty attitude, because they didn't have their shit together with these US dates, or worse, cancel...

If they didn't suspect these kinds of sales, the band seriously needs to take a close look at their management and make some changes.

Might be distorted memory but I thought Orlando got a better set than the other two Florida gigs on T2L despite having a worse attendance. Although in research, there's looked better than Tampa's at least.

I certainly agree these should've been announced/promoted earlier, but who knows. Although worth noting they did change their management for this campaign - they were managed by Anthony Addis outside NA until the end of the last tour, but Q Prime has taken over their global management (which I'll be honest I initially thought was behind the price jump, although that might be disingenuous thought).

The US tickets really aren't anymore expensive this time around, tbf. Some of them are actually a bit cheaper, I think.

MN was on the low side of attendance both of the last tours, and I guess I had always been looking for some justification as to why even some US shows were shorter than others.

I don't care about sizes of crowds at all, and the only reason it matters to me if they play to a half filled arena is because I'm genuinely worried something will "come up" and they won't play some of these at all. It's not like Muse cancelling gigs is completely unheard of.

And that it will inevitably lead to the band playing even less states on any future tours.

The US tickets really aren't anymore expensive this time around, tbf. Some of them are actually a bit cheaper, I think.

MN was on the low side of attendance both of the last tours, and I guess I had always been looking for some justification as to why even some US shows were shorter than others.

I don't care about sizes of crowds at all, and the only reason it matters to me if they play to a half filled arena is because I'm genuinely worried something will "come up" and they won't play some of these at all. It's not like Muse cancelling gigs is completely unheard of.

And that it will inevitably lead to the band playing even less states on any future tours.

Clearly already has been the case on this tour, given the last US tour was 36 dates in the first NA leg and this one is a comparatively lean 21 at present, even with the speculation as to whether or not they add further shows to this current schedule, or if they tour in autumn (which many already seem to think is a nope).

I doubt this one might be befallen by it. Well, unless they get caught in snowstorms, which given the surprisingly idiotic timing (Canada in January?) is a possibly.