I'm kinda busy so I can't fully reply and after saying pretty much the same thing to some other guy the other day, I can't really be arsed tbh but basically:

- 2 minutes is too long for just an intro, cut it out and they could probably play another full song (they should be playing more anyway but you know what I mean)

- They change other intros + outro riffs occasionally so why not MWAH?

- The harmonica loop is pretty annoying as it is, even without seeing it multiple times

- Might be okay if it wasn't at the end of every gig (I actually kind of liked how they used it on the T2L stadium tour) but, since it is, it's just a sign to start leaving early for me, which is a disappointing way to end any concert + they could easily rotate closers so there's no reason why it has to be like that

I'm kinda busy so I can't fully reply and after saying pretty much the same thing to some other guy the other day, I can't really be arsed tbh but basically:

- 2 minutes is too long for just an intro, cut it out and they could probably play another full song (they should be playing more anyway but you know what I mean)

- They change other intros + outro riffs occasionally so why not MWAH?

- The harmonica loop is pretty annoying as it is, even without seeing it multiple times

- Might be okay if it wasn't at the end of every gig (I actually kind of liked how they used it on the T2L stadium tour) but, since it is, it's just a sign to start leaving early for me, which is a disappointing way to end any concert + they could easily rotate closers so there's no reason why it has to be like that

All I can say to that is that I think you see things from your perspective, and it's so different to mine that I cannot agree with anything you've written down there except for the fact they need to play more songs than they are doing now :LOL:

I agree with the length of MWAH, I like the combination regardless of whether one wants to define it as an intro or a song combination, I don't mind if it stays the same because I like it, and I like it as a closer. May be biased as mentioned by Survival being an unexpected one at the Loreley and weird because of the gig length; but as long as the ending is a good one and rounds off the set nicely, I'm happy (with that, obviously I want a good set and performance before that).

tl;dr I don't share your issues :p:LOL:

I've never seen KoC as a closer, and don't know how that would impact how I feel about MWAH.

I really disliked it in the middle of the set, though, especially as it typically went MWAH - KoC - Jam. The song was sandwiched in too much downtime. A couple of minutes before and after one song is a bit baffling and really crushed the energy of the gig, imo.

I did see it in '10 without, and it was much better. (Although, again, not only did they not play an extra song, we actually got shorted one compared to most of the tour...)

Except Reddit. They are very satisfied even if the setlist is short and same as the previous one.

That, or they give the old "don't worry guys, it'll get better when the real tour starts ¯\_(ツ)_/¯". Because that's a valid excuse when you're charging people roughly a month's wage for a ticket.

God, that Reddit page is wank.

That, or they give the old "don't worry guys, it'll get better when the real tour starts ¯\_(ツ)_/¯". Because that's a valid excuse when you're charging people roughly a month's wage for a ticket.

God, that Reddit page is wank.

I know there has to be some encourages or optimism, but come on, this is fucking LP7 and it's their 7th tour. They have to be improve, or at least maintain the quality and stuff. Don't fucking spoil the band.

I don't care at all if the set is the same night to night, honestly. I'm going to be lucky if I see one gig this tour, as currently it's coming no where near me, and I've only got myself to blame if I watch all the YT vids and read all the setlists, tbh.

But the excessively short setlists... there's just no excuse. And I have little faith it would be longer than what we've seen so far, at least in the US. UK/Europe will probably be a bit longer.

Shit, I wouldn't be surprised if they cut it back based on the soft sales at most of the US gigs.

I can't see them playing even shorter sets in the US but if they do then, fuck me, if that doesn't shout 'boycott' then I don't know what does.

Seriously though, if that shit keeps up then maybe another petition like the Brazil one from a few months ago is needed. I don't think it actually did anything iirc but at least it got some form of recognition from Dom A.

Maybe I'm not remembering right, but wasn't Dom a little condescending about the whole thing? Certainly it didn't do any good. :(

Problem is, Muse is still banking on that crowd of people that show up and are wowed by the visuals, maybe don't even know the band's catalogue that well, see the flash and bang, hear the big radio hits, and don't even care how short the set is.

I believe they're well aware of this, and use it to their advantage, and that makes me really a bit down on how they are treating their fans.

I keep wanting to believe there's some integrity to their music, but they certainly haven't been showing that with their gigs.

I think he responded to it with something like "well, it's the same price as these other bands isn't it?" and a few people felt he was being a bit insensitive but he came back and said he didn't mean to come across that way and that he was genuinely looking into it. Just kinda disappeared after that though iirc.

Regardless of whether or not it'd yield any results, I'd just like to see what the band or someone connected to them has to say about it. It'd be interesting to see what the excuses were. Plus, you never know, if people make it clear enough they might actually change things.

I think he responded to it with something like "well, it's the same price as these other bands isn't it?" and a few people felt he was being a bit insensitive but he came back and said he didn't mean to come across that way and that he was genuinely looking into it. Just kinda disappeared after that though iirc.

Regardless of whether or not it'd yield any results, I'd just like to see what the band or someone connected to them has to say about it. It'd be interesting to see what the excuses were. Plus, you never know, if people make it clear enough they might actually change things.

BTW it's interesting that thegigs are reportedly stripped back, but the price is higher.

IIRC, the only times Matt's mentioned stripping things back were in reference to the album and the Psycho Tour, maybe the festival stage too. Like Tjet said, this upcoming tour's been described as their most theatrical yet so I don't know where 'stripped back' would come into that.

Maybe I'm not remembering right, but wasn't Dom a little condescending about the whole thing? Certainly it didn't do any good. :(

Problem is, Muse is still banking on that crowd of people that show up and are wowed by the visuals, maybe don't even know the band's catalogue that well, see the flash and bang, hear the big radio hits, and don't even care how short the set is.

I believe they're well aware of this, and use it to their advantage, and that makes me really a bit down on how they are treating their fans.

I keep wanting to believe there's some integrity to their music, but they certainly haven't been showing that with their gigs.

This is what I'm going for!

I've accepted that Muse don't make music for me anymore. But I love their live productions!

LA radio station ALT 98.7 is holding a contest for a dress-rehearsal show: http://www.iheart.com/live/alt-987-los-angeles-201/?utm_content=buffer6e0ec&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Looks like we're getting close to seeing what the big price is for.

The Edge up in Toronto has a similar contest on as well, and specifically mentions the dress rehearsal date as November 11th (in Los Angeles). So just a week and a bit to go.