Little too many similarities for such a residency, makes it really noticeable, wish Defector/Aftermath popped up and some of the hits were at least rotated as always but I mean I could've gone to pretty much any show beyond night 1 and been infinitely happier with those five nights versus my five nights.

Honestly with Take a Bow making an appearance, along with CE/B&H popping up and Stockholm being rotated with Reapers/Undisclosed Desires, that pretty much addresses everything I took issue with besides the set length and inconsistency between shows. This is the Drones Tour done well and is what I was expecting going into them from the 2015 festivals.

Also, if Matt wants to play some heavy guitar, take it out during DI (same gig had guitarless barrier walk during Dead Inside but he riffed out Endless Nameless after Mercy). The fuck was that? Other than that, solid show.

i think that riff after Mercy is because there are no SS and Hysteria in set...

i think that riff after Mercy is because there are no SS and Hysteria in set...

Well I mean they got CE/Bliss/Take a Bow (replaced Undisclosed Desires)/Reapers in addition to AP, that's a hell of a lot heavier than the US shows

I think Tjet is right, they're trying to sell it as a heavy pop rock song, I don't buy into it, it's not even in the same category that Starlight/SMBH used to be.

https://youtu.be/0k2KpT8hA1I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-j3clZRH3M

https://youtu.be/NqxDmekNPQA

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

Well I mean they got CE/Bliss/Take a Bow (replaced Undisclosed Desires)/Reapers in addition to AP, that's a hell of a lot heavier than the US shows

I think Tjet is right, they're trying to sell it as a heavy pop rock song, I don't buy into it, it's not even in the same category that Starlight/SMBH used to be.

https://youtu.be/0k2KpT8hA1I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-j3clZRH3M

https://youtu.be/NqxDmekNPQA

Yes. and the rotations are unequal : Bliss/Undisclosed, Butterflies/resistance, United States/Citizen. I was at the first night and I expected other than 4 songs from the resistance

And there wasn't the drones...

I Think they will play Tsp, fury as they said in an articlr in september (I don't remember what magazine).

I almost feel like muse is purposefully playing shittier sets on the nights that aren't sold out or full up.

If this is true , it makes me sad cause the gig I'm going too on April 12 is not sold out.

On what basis did you come up with this? According to muse.mu all Paris gigs were sold out.

On what basis did you come up with this? According to muse.mu all Paris gigs were sold out.

Yes, but if you look at the setlists from paris:

01 ( B&H, TaB, Motp, Blackout...) > 04 (OoS) > 29 > 27 >>>> 03 >>>> 26 (TR, no drones). (It's subjective).

Now compare with the announcement :

29-01

03-04

26-27.

The second nights are always bettrr than the first and the first announced are generally better, as if they believe the people who are here the first date (announced, a monday) are "bigger" fans than those whi went the 27 (a saturday!)

I've been gone from this board for over a week now. Let's just check back and see. Maybe it's become more positive?

...Nope, people are still complaining about how Matt's voice sucks now (which it really doesn't), whining about how we aren't getting any rarities (even though we're now getting Apocalypse Please, Citizen Erased and Take a Bow, all of which were rare on the last tour), and worshiping Origin of Symmetry like it's the greatest album in the world (one word: Absolution).

Though I will say that it's strange how Muse sounded so amazing during the Psycho Tour and the festival tour, yet Matt is now struggling to hit all the notes* and has stopped playing guitar again on the arena tour.

*At least I think he is. I don't know; he seemed fine when I saw him.

If you have an issue with the general attitude of the board (RE: negativity toward the band) then maybe next time you leave, consider not coming back? I'm sure your criticism of people having opinions that differ from your own won't be missed. :)

Well then, technically last night was a good set. I was just a bit disappointed they didn't have any new rotations, but there's really not much to complain about when a set contains PiB, CE, Bliss, AP and TaB (apart from the length, obviously). Interesting that the UD/Blackout slot has disappeared on the last two nights.

Verdict on Paris residency: Sets too short, but good rotations so far. Hoping they'll keep the latter up and maybe add a couple more. Sad to see songs like Madness being a staple, and songs like Stockholm not, but I suppose that's strongly connected to set length (longer sets would enable the inclusion of a Stockholm/NB rotation like there was during the T2L era, or something like that)

I almost feel like muse is purposefully playing shittier sets on the nights that aren't sold out or full up.

If this is true , it makes me sad cause the gig I'm going too on April 12 is not sold out.

I think if any, there's really only a few number of tickets left for that gig. If you check the Gigsandtours website it either says "Tickets not available" or "Contact venue for tickets". Apart from that, they shouldn't let themselves be influenced by a couple of empty seats somewhere.

Im going to see Muse on Monday in Amsterdam :D. I have GA tickets, what time do you recommend to join the waiting line? I don't want te be fully at the front but I want a good view at the band.

With the current set up, the view will be about the same anywhere, I doubt there's a particular need to get there before doors if you don't want a barrier spot.

As for negative/positive opinions on the board, the board is the sum of its parts, I don't see why it's good to not have a balance and variety of viewpoints... It does get wearing and put people off when there's constant harping on about the same perceived problems with what the band are doing. (I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with any particular viewpoint, by the way, just saying that it's offputting...)

I've been listening to Big Freeze lately and I think Revolt/Big Freeze would be a nice rotation slot. It really works "within the narrative" of Drones too (not that it matters since they're not taking advantage of it unfortunately). Cleaned up the rotations a bit.

[Drill Sergeant]

Psycho

Dead Inside

Plug in Baby/Bliss

Citizen/B&H

Isolated System+The Handler

SMBH/Hysteria

Prelude+Starlight

Apocalypse Please/USoE

Munich Jam+Madness/Undisclosed Desires

Time is Running Out/Blackout

JFK+Big Freeze/Revolt

Uprising/Resistance

Stockholm/Reapers

The Globalist

Take a Bow

Mercy

Knights of Cydonia

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

not sure if JFK+Big Freeze makes a whole lot of sense but hey ive seen worse suggestions lol, still wonder why they've never played it live, it doesnt really sound like the hardest song to execute live save for Matt's Map of the Problematique-y guitar in the beginning lol

Well Explorers isn't really anything to write home about, and that got playyyed way more than it needed to..I'd say that theories out the window lol. Not that either are my favorite by a long shot but if you ask me Big Freeze >>>>> Explorers