Well Explorers isn't really anything to write home about, and that got playyyed way more than it needed to..I'd say that theories out the window lol. Not that either are my favorite by a long shot but if you ask me Big Freeze >>>>> Explorers

Maybe Matt likes Explorers more than Big Freeze.

He'd be right to.

I always thought BF had a great chorus and solo but I found the verses horrendous. Now I've grown to tolerate them but they're still far from great.

And I think there's no way he could sing it at the moment, especially given that he didn't even give it a try when he was at his best on T2L tour. I mean it's probably their hardest song to sing for him alongside Survival.

not sure if JFK+Big Freeze makes a whole lot of sense but hey ive seen worse suggestions lol, still wonder why they've never played it live, it doesnt really sound like the hardest song to execute live save for Matt's Map of the Problematique-y guitar in the beginning lol
Except it's the hardest Muse song ever vocally.

At some point, someone in the band, or associated with them, suggested that Starlight could be an acceptable closer to a concert.

oh boy guess we dodged a bullet there

glad that definitely didn't happen

jim-laughing-and-crying.gif

Or that it would make sense to bring back Prelude - that they never played/used on T2L Tour - as an intro to Starlight.

I don't really get the gripe with Prelude tbh.

I get that it's a Survival tease (though, considering he's not at the piano, it shouldn't really be surprising) and another 50 seconds of pointless fluff but the transition itself works fine imo. If it weren't for all the other things eating into the gig time, I think I'd actually quite like it.