Bald, very unimpressed looking older gentleman?

I was fairly close to where X Ambassador's keyboard player was, that night.

Sounds about right, I was at like the midway point between their guitarist and keyboardist like 3 people back from the Barrier, seemed like Chris favored our side a little more during the set is about the only other thing I could remember lol

I certainly didn't feel like we saw a ton of Bellamy, but other than hitting his mic cues, I didn't feel like he moved around much, other than that one time he had to jog to the catwalk.

Did the mix fade in and out where you were standing? I'd wondered if it depended on where in GA you were standing; I read a lot of people say it was fine, but I really struggled to hear.

Plug In Baby, Map Of The Problematique, Apocalypse Please, Reapers and Take A Bow - 'average'.

This board sometimes :facepalm:. Variation, rotation and intrigue. We're getting a modicum of that again for the first time on an arena tour in the best part of a decade. Let's not go dissuading them now.

I certainly didn't feel like we saw a ton of Bellamy, but other than hitting his mic cues, I didn't feel like he moved around much, other than that one time he had to jog to the catwalk.

Did the mix fade in and out where you were standing? I'd wondered if it depended on where in GA you were standing; I read a lot of people say it was fine, but I really struggled to hear.

No yeah, I definitely took notice of the shitty mix where I was at, during Mercy I remember wondering where the hell the bass was at...during Mercy. Lol

Any suggestions for the setlists in their festival dates?I think The Globalist will be dropped.So 18 songs setlists might be?

The Globalist dropped (Stockholm replacing it)

I think Take a Bow will stick around, replace Resistance/CE/B&H or whatever with a rarity like Uno

Plug In Baby, Map Of The Problematique, Apocalypse Please, Reapers and Take A Bow - 'average'.

This board sometimes :facepalm:. Variation, rotation and intrigue. We're getting a modicum of that again for the first time on an arena tour in the best part of a decade. Let's not go dissuading them now.

This. The complaints were completely legitimate before but I think some people are genuinely expecting a completely new set structure + new rarities every night.

Only problem I have now is the amount of songs per gig, most of them still feel like they're just...missing something. Add Stockholm and a Defector / Revolt rotation slot to that set and it's genuinely great imo. Everything else is really just minor personal wishes (Assassin, Sunburn, Defector). Well, apart backing out on Showbiz without saying anything but I guess that's Muse.

Honestly, I am pretty gutted about Defector though, I'd love to see it. Gotta be the weirdest case of a new album song being rare/not played in at least the last 10 years? Even MK and COD were played a decent amount, and they're both a fair bit harder.

Welp, I was there, it was my first time, and it was BLOODY BRILLIANT. So there. :D

:facemelt:

Since you're fairly new you clearly don't know how this place works. Positivity is not very well received, and obviously saying a Muse show was brilliant is a no-no.

Because people go to too many gigs. The first time I saw them all the songs that boardies take for granted or find boring blew me away.

This setlist looks really good. Toss in Assassin and B&H or CE and it would be utterly fantastic.

:yesey:

Damn Clunge, back at it again with the truth

Seriously, this is an excellent set. It has enough fan favourites, new songs and hits to cater to everyone to some degree I would've thought. It's definitely not perfect. It's not as off the wall as with surprises as the Psycho tour was, but for an arena set it works great.

? I don't remember anyone here calling the US fans entitled whinners and everyone but one person commented last night's gig very positively.

Edit: I found this post quite interesting:

Muse Metrics Market-share by Country (UK, USA, France)

Career Concert Tickets Sold (5.5 million est. worldwide): Excludes festivals

UK 1.2 million 22%

US 1.0 million 18%

FR 700k 13%

Career Concert Gross ($350 million est. worldwide): Excludes festivals

UK $80 million (23%)

US $50 million (14%)

FR $50 million (14%)

Career # of Gigs & Live Performances (1,422 est. worldwide):

UK 365 (26%)

US 308 (22%)

FR 127 (9%)

Career # of Albums Sold (19 million est. worldwide):

UK 5 million (26%)

US 3.4 million (18%)

FR 3 million (16%)

Career # of Singles Sold (12 million est. worldwide):

UK 1.5 million (12%)

US 9 million (75%)

FR 200k (2%)

Edited by Zepp

Since you're fairly new you clearly don't know how this place works. Positivity is not very well received, and obviously saying a Muse show was brilliant is a no-no.

Oh shush. Stop being so childish.

Americans asking for one (barely) rare song are entitled whiners... but these sets aren't good enough for the Europeans. :noey:

And you.

Yes, America got screwed - but the general response to the Europe sets has been positive. No need to be so butthurt literally all the time. It's pretty tiresome.

Edited by Clunge

Bringing back TaB as staple has been the best thing they've done this arena tour.

Maybe a nod at BH&R's 10 year anniversary?

MoTP, Take a bow and dance of the knights... BHaR anniv for sure

Next maybe Invincible in Milan

Yesterday there was the 4th major show they played in Germany in the past 9 months. And (except for TaB and MotP (and The Globalist of course)) they played nearly exactly the same setlist…

That's what I'm complaining about…

Of course, this is a good setlist and for all the people, who haven't seen them before, it was a great experience… but having at least one rarity would, i.e. B&H or the soundchecked Sing for Absolution, and the setlist wouldn't be 'average'

edit:

and the fact, that they play just one song from Showbiz and OoS is something, that I could complain about on a daily basis ;)

Yeah because there were so many negative reactions to this post, for example:

Positivity is well received when it's justified. It was justified here in Cologne, and it was justified in Bercy and a small handful of Canadian/US gigs.

The only negativity on the board talking about live shows right now is from people who got fucked over at their shows with 16 songs or extremely generic sets.

Yesterday there was the 4th major show they played in Germany in the past 9 months. And (except for TaB and MotP (and The Globalist of course)) they played nearly exactly the same setlist…

Of course, this is a good setlist and for all the people, who haven't seen them before, it was a great experience… but having at least one rarity would, i.e. B&H or the soundchecked Sing for Absolution, and the setlist wouldn't be 'average'

It's the same album cycle and it's the first time they've played the arena there, the set structure is in place. I really don't understand what's to be expected here. It sounds like you got "screwed" on the piano rotation (AP instead of USoE since you just got AP I'm assuming), Map instead of PiB/Bliss and got Reapers instead of Revolt.

SfA instead of AP would've been nice but remember, a large portion of the audience didn't go to those festival gigs so they'd be disappointed in the lack of a piano slot.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

edit:

and the fact, that they play just one song from Showbiz and OoS is something, that I could complain about on a daily basis ;)

TaB doesn't stop being a rarity just because it has been played at like 4 gigs in the last 5 years.