The screens and visual stuff is all above the stage, not just the "drones" which I think we suspected because, well, putting it on the stage would block most of the crowd's view of the band, wouldn't it?

Making it super tough to see from the angle of GA.

Also sounds like the band plays behind some sort of screen, at times.

And I really like UD.

sigh, someone always has to point out that there are in fact bands with way longer songs than Muse out there, even though the song in question IS far longer than average. "That's not long, THIS is long". "That's not crazy, THIS is crazy", "that's not heavy, THIS is heavy".

Except I very obviously was not pointing out any other bands, I was sarcastically saying that Muse fans are incapable of sitting through a 10 minute song, because "a bit crazy long" is obviously an exaggeration to a song that's barely 3 minutes longer than CE which nobody complains about, and this song will only translate "poorly live for the masses" if people buy tickets to this gig to see them without even having heard the 'deep cuts' from the new album, which makes little sense, or assuming they have horrible attention spans and are incapable of enjoying a song that's slightly longer than average.

Except I very obviously was not pointing out any other bands, I was sarcastically saying that Muse fans are incapable of sitting through a 10 minute song, because "a bit crazy long" is obviously an exaggeration to a song that's barely 3 minutes longer than CE which nobody complains about, and this song will only translate "poorly live for the masses" if people buy tickets to this gig to see them without even having heard the 'deep cuts' from the new album, which makes little sense, or assuming they have horrible attention spans and are incapable of enjoying a song that's slightly longer than average.

You were sarcastic in that post? Where?

Loads of people DO complain about CE. A few years back it was a fairly popular opinion that CE should have been at least 2 minutes shorter. And 3 minutes IS quite a long time, since it's basically a whole song (albeit a short one).

But yes, obviously people should be able to withstand a longer song by a band they pay a LOT of money to see. But it's also a question of whether or not the song actually works live. You could compare the slower parts to something like Explorers or Madness without the belts, and suddenly it's totally okay to complain about Muse putting the fans to sleep.

If someone is going to a gig without knowing the current album, what's the chances that they'll know something like Hysteria? The song will still be enjoyed since it has parts of the band that brought people to the venue in the first place.

I'd be more worried about songs that are completely "out there" like Unsustainable over The Globalist.

You were sarcastic in that post? Where?

Loads of people DO complain about CE. A few years back it was a fairly popular opinion that CE should have been at least 2 minutes shorter. And 3 minutes IS quite a long time, since it's basically a whole song (albeit a short one).

But yes, obviously people should be able to withstand a longer song by a band they pay a LOT of money to see. But it's also a question of whether or not the song actually works live. You could compare the slower parts to something like Explorers or Madness without the belts, and suddenly it's totally okay to complain about Muse putting the fans to sleep.

I didn't exactly make it obvious I was being sarcastic because I also agreed a little bit with the notion that people can't handle the length of that song. IMO it isn't absurdly long, playing anything 15+ minutes for Muse fans I would say would not be wise unless that's the direction of the next album, or unless it was Exogenesis. It's a shame fans can't even handle the slower/quieter songs like RbS or Explorers (ignoring opinions on the quality of the songs) simply by virtue of being slow. None of us know how well The Globalist works live, of course, however one of the fans who saw it said it was executed well. Unforunately execution doesn't exactly translate well into reception, because a slow song can be defeaningly loud because it suddenly turns up the crowd chatter volume every time.

Close up will be close up to the band but the people in the seats will get the full experience with drones flying overhead and take in the stage fully.

Well, wasn't that clear from the start? That you won't see everything from GA? At least I was prepared for that when I bought mostly GA tickets.

Oh well, that was actually the one thing I tried to be really realistic about. I guess it paid off. :LOL:

It depends how much of a shit you give about "everything". The only thing I read that would not be as visible would be all of the visual effects (screens). Attendees said the band was easily visible the entire time, so I don't see what the big deal is.

It's true, I'm not a huge fan of all the extra stuff. Too bad the ticket prices include all those things... but no one forced me to buy them.

I'm happy enough if I see the band and the sound is good.

So any news about that "lowered stage" thing? Any reviews about the view from further back in GA? Not that I plan to stand there, but who knows how lucky I'll be.

And I really like UD.

I love UD but it doesn't translate well live at all. I'm not surprised to see it back though, I just hope that it doesn't mean Dead Inside, Madness and UD all in the same gig. But it probably does so fuck me.

Not overly excited about what I'm hearing so far.

I love UD but it doesn't translate well live at all. I'm not surprised to see it back though, I just hope that it doesn't mean Dead Inside, Madness and UD all in the same gig. But it probably does so fuck me.

Not overly excited about what I'm hearing so far.

I don't mind UD, I'm more concerned about Starlight/Mercy and Dead Inside/Madness since they're practically the same songs, Mercy and Dead Inside are just better versions of them both.

I don't mind UD, I'm more concerned about Starlight/Mercy and Dead Inside/Madness since they're practically the same songs, Mercy and Dead Inside are just better versions of them both.

That's already happening though so that's not much of a surprise. Plus, UD is almost as similar to DI as Madness is so all 3 in one gig would be taking the piss a bit.

Since when is Mercy a better version of Starlight? :stunned:

Live, it's much better. Starlight's gone real downhill since the BH&R Tour.