Hmm... did anyone see Royal Blood's setlist last night, needless to say I am now way too excited for Portsmouth next Monday :D

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/royal-blood/2015/barrowlands-glasgow-scotland-2bca4cfe.html

Really really want to see one trick pony live!!!

I wonder if it was played on a bass in the studio? I imagine he'll do that live anyway

Also, Jim...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marshall-Orange-Crunch-JCM-2000-1-2-Stack-Orange-ONLY-100-MADE-/221697150795?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339e2e0f4b

Buy this and sell me the cabinet pls. You can keep the head :pope:

I still have mine here waiting to be repaired, but I haven't got around to sending it off yet. Need my hullabaloo tonez

I wonder if it was played on a bass in the studio? I imagine he'll do that live anyway

Also, Jim...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marshall-Orange-Crunch-JCM-2000-1-2-Stack-Orange-ONLY-100-MADE-/221697150795?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339e2e0f4b

Buy this and sell me the cabinet pls. You can keep the head :pope:

I still have mine here waiting to be repaired, but I haven't got around to sending it off yet. Need my hullabaloo tonez

Yeah I'm still pretty sure it was done on guitar, unfortunately it seems that's there are a massive lack of cameras in Scotland so we will have to wait until someone else records it :(

Hi guys, quick question.

My Whammy IV kind of broke and I am looking for a new one. However I lost track of all the new versions that came out, so I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips about for which version to go. Whammy V or DT (or are there more..?)?

I really like the Whammy IV's glitchy-ness, so it would be neat if that would still be possible :p.

Hi guys, quick question.

My Whammy IV kind of broke and I am looking for a new one. However I lost track of all the new versions that came out, so I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips about for which version to go. Whammy V or DT (or are there more..?)?

I really like the Whammy IV's glitchy-ness, so it would be neat if that would still be possible :p.

Whammy V has a 'classic' switch so you can still glitch while you whammy. Not sure if DT has it too though.

Whammy V has a 'classic' switch so you can still glitch while you whammy. Not sure if DT has it too though.

Unless you want the drop tune features just go for the V. Love mine, and yeah it has a switch (and can switch using MIDI) between the classic glitchy mode and the smoother chords mode

Okay cheers.

The problem is, I kind of spend a lot of time retuning my guitars (for example when playing Biffy, I keep switching between drop D/C#/C), so the Whammy DT also sounds... attractive.

I'm just wondering how much I'll miss the glitchy pitch shifting if I don't have it anymore. Do you use the classic mode a lot?

Also, I wonder how effective this Drop tune function of the DT actually is. On youtube demo's it tracks really well, but I'm afraid that it might disappoint (+ the DT is almost 100 euros more expensive).

Can't decide :(

Okay cheers.

The problem is, I kind of spend a lot of time retuning my guitars (for example when playing Biffy, I keep switching between drop D/C#/C), so the Whammy DT also sounds... attractive.

I'm just wondering how much I'll miss the glitchy pitch shifting if I don't have it anymore. Do you use the classic mode a lot?

Also, I wonder how effective this Drop tune function of the DT actually is. On youtube demo's it tracks really well, but I'm afraid that it might disappoint (+ the DT is almost 100 euros more expensive).

Can't decide :(

I normally have mine on the glitchy mode all the time

Don't know how good the drop tuning sounds, I know bs has one, and obv YouTube can tell

I normally have mine on the glitchy mode all the time

Don't know how good the drop tuning sounds, I know bs has one, and obv YouTube can tell

Mkay, thanks.

I think I'll go for the V. Drop tuning is nice, but I don't think it's worth the extra money.

James, you know you can order custom colour Marshall cabs direct from the factory?

I didn't, but there are a few problems with that.

1. Shipping will probably cost a fortune (unless I can do it through a dealer)

2. While it will be the same spec with the same speakers, I won't be able to sleep at night knowing it's not actually correct for the amp head. :twitchy: "orange crunch" badge etc

Or I could just buy an orange tolex one, smash it up a bit and put a metal grille on it... no one would know...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNK9l8DgHM4

ok so for those of you who have been playing guitar for a lot longer than me, I've a question about amps, specifically, those with large quantities of vintage and rare. also, may have asked this before, but I need to figure this out by monday.

I've been doing some research into older amps that are considered to be the "highly sought after" amps. I know there's all the old vintage makes like Selmer, Silvertone, JMI etc., but including/not including those ones, what are the most highly sought after amps, as far as older ones go. For example, I know there's certain eras of the Twin Reverb, AC30 (are matchless/jmi more favored?), and marshall amps (haven't a clue on that one.)

The reason I ask is that my plan to build a run of 6 Cannon pedals has been put on hold while I build 1 pedal for a special customer. Even more special than jaeamzs

ok so for those of you who have been playing guitar for a lot longer than me, I've a question about amps, specifically, those with large quantities of vintage and rare. also, may have asked this before, but I need to figure this out by monday.

I've been doing some research into older amps that are considered to be the "highly sought after" amps. I know there's all the old vintage makes like Selmer, Silvertone, JMI etc., but including/not including those ones, what are the most highly sought after amps, as far as older ones go. For example, I know there's certain eras of the Twin Reverb, AC30 (are matchless/jmi more favored?), and marshall amps (haven't a clue on that one.)

The reason I ask is that my plan to build a run of 6 Cannon pedals has been put on hold while I build 1 pedal for a special customer. Even more special than jaeamzs

Must be Jack White himself!

I don't know. You'll hear different opinions on what's most sought after depending on who you ask (which is why I'm excluding dumblol from this list), but if you just want a list of the different brands and years/models that seem more sought after than others:

Fender:

Pretty much anything built before 1965 :facepalm: 59 bassman, 6G2 princeton, super, pro, etc. Some of them like the bandmaster and champ don't seem as sought after compared to the others.

Marshall:

Again, there's a certain time period (mid-1969 and earlier). Top three would be the JTM45 (especially the ones from around 1964), '67 super lead, and early-mid '68 super lead. There are also the 50 watt versions of those amps. The tremolo amps and super bass aren't as sought after. Also, there are those lower wattage ones which some people like too. A newer one that's becoming pretty popular (I need to buy one before the price goes through the roof) is the vertical input 2203 JCM 800 (or the 2204 50 watt version) from the early 80's

Orange:

OR120 ('72 model with the pictures only faceplate) and also the older orange/matamp stuff if that counts.

Vox:

early 60's AC30/6 top boost (there are the normal and bass versions, but the top boost versions are more popular because they can Brian May)

Mesa Boogie:

late 70's Mark 1 (sort of) and early 80's Mark IIC+