I have some. What r you wondering? Also, are you emigrating...to the US??

how was I still in top 3 fails? I feel like I don't spend nearly as much time here as I used to :eek:

MFC is there too so don't worry.

The last thread lasted a loooong time.

Not to the US, and it might be getting pushed back a month or so.

I'm kinda intrigued by them. They're light, easy to mod, vintage, cheap.... What's the catch?

Ah MFC. I forget why he departed this place...

Why did he leave?

how was I still in top 3 fails? I feel like I don't spend nearly as much time here as I used to :eek:

What ones?

You haven't been posting that much on TGP either... not that I've been stalking you.

Son. I don't know who you're hanging out with, but I think it's time we had the talk...

unless it's the talk about discharging electrolytic capacitors. Then you should ask Niel, because I get very uncomfortable discussing that.

So so close to buying a Kemper. Soon as I sell Hayden for any remotely decent price I can get one

Tips on shifting an amp? I keep lowering the price but don't want to go much further now

Change the title

"hAYDEN CLASSIC LEAD 80 AMP AMPLIFIER LIKE SIMON NIEL BIFFY CLYRO"

and also make sure the DS-1 is in the picture, but do say in fine print that it's not included in the sale.

I'm kinda intrigued by them. They're light, easy to mod, vintage, cheap.... What's the catch?

Why did he leave?

I think he just got bored. I'll be seeing him again later this year :ninja: Shame we can't get Matthijs out here too - it would be just like old times...

My first thought was that you were coming to NY, but I figured that was wrong :(

As for the guitars, I wouldn't say they're easy to mod. Do they still make parts for those?

I'm kinda intrigued by them. They're light, easy to mod, vintage, cheap.... What's the catch

They aren't perfect. They work but I'd be shocked if you call it a favourite, or a player, or any other cork sniffer term. :LOL:

Cheap and moddable. Go nuts. :D

I think he just got bored. I'll be seeing him again later this year :ninja: Shame we can't get Matthijs out here too - it would be just like old times...

My first thought was that you were coming to NY, but I figured that was wrong :(

Would love to, but I guess you're meeting in the states?

So where to?

They're definitely fun, cheap and very easy to mod. The catch is that they're often - almost always - not even close to comparable to the playability of a modern guitar. Cheap parts, low construction quality standards, lack of features like an adjustable truss rod, etc. they're great for that lo-fi Jack Black thang, but hardly ever really pro-quality instruments.

TL;DR - they're cheap and awesome but you have to have realistic expectations for how well they'll actually play.

You just talked Niel out from buying one

Nah. I still want one! I've just moved into my new home for the next while. I have all my stuff for building pedals, except my 3d printer. That being said, I think I might press on with the builds, and just use pad board. If anything, it will be a good exercise to see how they sound.

Well, not many I think... but I recognised it as mine always sounded like something was broken :LOL:

Were there any besides the animato? I'm guessing it's really only that and the big muff(s)

Nah. I still want one! I've just moved into my new home for the next while. I have all my stuff for building pedals, except my 3d printer. That being said, I think I might press on with the builds, and just use pad board. If anything, it will be a good exercise to see how they sound.

This is so you

ugly_zps734acc19.jpg