I had a great discussion in the Drones thread yesterday about...the end of Reapers

My thought: feedback / sustainer and just pulls, the other person suggested playing with the whammy DT knobs... your thoughts?

For the slides when the guitar gets thrown live? I thought that was the sustainer. Or did the other person mean the faint sound after the slides (which sounds a little bit like the end of CE)?

I had a great discussion in the Drones thread yesterday about...the end of Reapers

My thought: feedback / sustainer and just pulls, the other person suggested playing with the whammy DT knobs... your thoughts?

Sustainer, no whammy there at all.

The DT knobs dont really do anything like those noises

Not sure about the faint sound nerd herd mentioned, but everything else is the sustainer on harmonic mode on the 6th string high on the neck

/K&T

I would like to say I've been away fighting dinosaurs and being the captain of a pirate ship, or anything else which would warrant my time away from the forum...

Buuut in truth A levels have just been a barstard taking up all my time :LOL:

That's not as exciting as I was hoping! All of this time I thought you were on mars building another guitar in one of their many woodworking departments

Not sure about the faint sound nerd herd mentioned, but everything else is the sustainer on harmonic mode on the 6th string high on the neck

I'm not sure what it is, just some kind of weird sound that starts after the last chorus which I only noticed with headphones. Could be part of the "follow the yellow brick road" bits they used, or a synth. :confused:

/K&T

That's not as exciting as I was hoping! All of this time I thought you were on mars building another guitar in one of their many woodworking departments

Well of course many guitars have been built... well at least on Photoshop :LOL:

How goes the Manson collection? I've still got the Jag, but planning on finally having some fun with installing some mods such as new pickguard, pickups etc... #soon :awesome:

Theres a synth playing some kind of arabic lead-line in the background of the Freedom riff at the end.

Live, Bellamy plays it briefly on guitar just before the riff starts

Yeah that's what I meant :LOL: don't think I explained it very well.

This song's so much fun to play on guitar

Well of course many guitars have been built... well at least on Photoshop :LOL:

How goes the Manson collection? I've still got the Jag, but planning on finally having some fun with installing some mods such as new pickguard, pickups etc... #soon :awesome:

Post them!

It's still growing of course, and it will likely end up increasing even more when I visit them soon :facepalm:

I was going to recommend http://www.creamery-pickups.co.uk for some jaguar pickups, but then I realized yours has humbuckers. Check them out anyway though - they do some great work

Or you could put some P90s in it

Post them!

It's still growing of course, and it will likely end up increasing even more when I visit them soon :facepalm:

I was going to recommend http://www.creamery-pickups.co.uk for some jaguar pickups, but then I realized yours has humbuckers. Check them out anyway though - they do some great work

Or you could put some P90s in it

REAL P90z?!

I'd probably go the route of an mbk2 & 1 set, or maybe a sustainiac for ultimate sustainzz, I was thinking a black pickguard would look pretty good with a set of those? ...plus I really like the idea of those Amptonelab MIDI strips... :facepalm:

Edited by D3adstar

REAL P90z?!

I'd probably go the route of an mbk2 & 1 set, or maybe a sustainiac for ultimate sustainzz, I was thinking a black pickguard would look pretty good with a set of those? ...plus I really like the idea of those Amptonelab MIDI strips... :facepalm:

Are humbucker sized P90s real P90s?

I'd get MBK-2 (or maybe MBK-3) bridge and sustainiac neck. And keep the tortoiseshell pick guard... that looks great against the white, and will look even better once it ages a bit

And no don't do that. Put an X-Y pad in like I did with the stealth

I regret nothing. Of course, I'd prefer if it didn't have ANYTHING there, but that wasn't really an option, and X-Y pad > built in twisty kaoss

Also, regarding the pickups, another one I'm really liking is the BKP juggernaut. #chuggz

edit:

found you on instagram... :ninja: *stalks*

What became of that first guitar you built a while back? The MoC shape with the maple neck.

Edited by james90

Ppl

Are humbucker sized P90s real P90s?

I'd get MBK-2 (or maybe MBK-3) bridge and sustainiac neck. And keep the tortoiseshell pick guard... that looks great against the white, and will look even better once it ages a bit

And no don't do that. Put an X-Y pad in like I did with the stealth

I regret nothing. Of course, I'd prefer if it didn't have ANYTHING there, but that wasn't really an option, and X-Y pad > built in twisty kaoss

Also, regarding the pickups, another one I'm really liking is the BKP juggernaut. #chuggz

edit:

found you on instagram... :ninja: *stalks*

What became of that first guitar you built a while back? The MoC shape with the maple neck.

Yeh I think I'm settled on the mbk2 or 3 and sustainiac neck for sure,

Problem is... There's no room for a twisty kaoss on the jag, whereas a strip could go on the pickguard whilst still giving me twisty soundz?

Haha :LOL:

I've still got my MOC I made however I had to rush like mad at the end to finish it so it could be marked, so currently the neck sits too high in the pocket so need to sort that out. Still looks pretty cool though :awesome:

Edit: Sort of twisty jag... Also forgot to mention I wired in a 3 way toggle switch as opposed to the usual jag switches, so the 2 switches left are currently duds but I've found out I could wire one of them up to that Midi strip power switch... :awesome:

Dc0SL8h.png

Edited by D3adstar

My copy didn't arrive yesterday. Or it did and it's sitting out there in the rain - I haven't checked.

What's this about revolt?

oh and D3adstar, the MIDI strip seems a bit much. I'd leave that out and put it in your MoC once you sort it. I wonder what it would look like with a single coil sustainer/sustainiac though... because, you know... those are more matthew

My copy didn't arrive yesterday. Or it did and it's sitting out there in the rain - I haven't checked.

What's this about revolt?

oh and D3adstar, the MIDI strip seems a bit much. I'd leave that out and put it in your MoC once you sort it. I wonder what it would look like with a single coil sustainer/sustainiac though... because, you know... those are more matthew

revolt is rather... er... revolting to be honest

I bet you weren't the first to say that either

probably not, considering the amount of other dreadful puns that were going on in the album thread :LOL: seriously though it's kinda catchy but in the same kind of way an infectious, deadly disease is catchy

So reapers... Muse are trying to be audioslave now? Cochise?

Edit:

While I'm at it, aftermath sounds like a combination of brothers in arms by dire straits, one by that shitty Irish bone-o band, and sailing away by cartman.

Nice gritty guitar sound at the start though.

Edited by Neil.