Had a look on the site and it works out to about £40 for the pickguard so not too crazy, whats the quality like?

Also when it comes to the sustainiac does anyone have any experience with installation?

Is it an absolute barstard? :LOL:

nope, but if it's anything like the sustainer, it's relatively easy since there isn't much soldering involved.

nope, but if it's anything like the sustainer, it's relatively easy since there isn't much soldering involved.

Thats good to know :awesome:

Heres the cavity's on the Jag, there is channel that runs from the neck route all the way to the vol/tone cavity, so its possible it might be able to fit there? Otherwise I'll just end up routing a rear cavity...

DSC00442.jpg

Edit: Also just realised i'm going to need to find a use for the 2 coil tap roller switch things on the top control plate, currently they are used to coil tap the humbuckers but I only ever use the neck one and considering the sustainiac is a single coil I'll have no real use for them...

Edit: The dimension for the sustainiac's circuit board is 93mm x 14mm so looks like it will fit in that cavity :awesome:

Edited by D3adstar

My copy didn't arrive yesterday. Or it did and it's sitting out there in the rain - I haven't checked.

What's this about revolt?

oh and D3adstar, the MIDI strip seems a bit much. I'd leave that out and put it in your MoC once you sort it. I wonder what it would look like with a single coil sustainer/sustainiac though... because, you know... those are more matthew

more dom

stop polluting my youtube search. it's shit enough as it is

the tapping bit sounds sad

snip.

Edit: Also just realised i'm going to need to find a use for the 2 coil tap roller switch things on the top control plate, currently they are used to coil tap the humbuckers but I only ever use the neck one and considering the sustainiac is a single coil I'll have no real use for them...

Put a phase 90 and Fuzz Factory in there. Stop fucking about, you know you want to.

sxc

now that i've heard all the opinions on the album, i'm not rushing to listen to it :facepalm:

thoughts on the globalist?

You know what's a good album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY_wJfleudU

listening to it a fair bit at the moment.

Has its good and meh moments, wait till you hear it

And yes, had a mini play through on guitar just now to it.

Doesn't seem like he's doing it right either :phu:

Is the second half of Drones really as bad as some of the reactions in the album thread last night?

I think a lot of people are over reacting. I don't think it's their worst. And it has some of the best stuff they've done in years.

Oh

So I shouldn't expect citizen erased part 2? :shifty:

Is the second half of Drones really as bad as some of the reactions in the album thread last night?

Like Dave said, don't go into it expecting something (unless you saw the leaked making of defector and globalist in which case, yes, sounds very much like that). It's different than the first half, I guess defector kinda bridges the gap between the two a little

He isn't pulling off the one note to the open string, so the entire tapping section is missing a ton of notes.

As for the later half of the album, Reapers > The Handler > JFK + Defector is a great top point of the album, just amazing. Then the album starts to bring itself back down, resolve everything, the moods really match the story, I enjoy it.

I didn't like my first listen very much because I expected more heavy stuff. I am really enjoying the content now though.

Just got Defector and it's pretty good.

Yeah. I also get what that review meant about it sounding a bit like something they would've written in the showbiz era.

So far

reapers > psycho > the handler > defector > dead inside > mercy

Also got an email that my drones deluxe edition shipped. Should be here tomorrow

Dom, what Nando's dishes should I try first?

Mango and lime anything

You then add sauciness with the sauces

I don't like to brag but I invented the best nandos side ever. You get their garlic bread which is shaped, don't really know the name of the shape but it's like a wide vagina, like a circle pinched at opposite sides. You then get all 7 sauces and arrange in both colour and heat order

Lemon & Herb

Wild Herb

Garlic

Medium

Hot

Extra Hot

Extra Extra Hot

You then lovingly pour them on following the curves of the bread, with medium going straight down the middle and the others curving either side and voila. You have a spicy rainbow. I call it the dombow bread

4ffe7e40dfa8e713d8dc6e4e877a6cce.jpg

Edited by Dominic.

reapers > psycho > the handler > defector > dead inside > mercy

Interesting, I cannot get enough of the handler.

I'd have to say The Handler > Reapers / Defector > Dead Inside > Psycho > Mercy

I cannot decide between Reapers and Defector yet, I find myself singing Defector a lot already. Dead Inside and Psycho switch places when you consider them live because Psycho is insane live.

Mango and lime anything

You then add sauciness with the sauces

I don't like to brag but I invented the best nandos side ever. You get their garlic bread which is shaped, don't really know the name of the shape but it's like a wide vagina, like a circle pinched at opposite sides. You then get all 7 sauces and arrange in both colour and heat order

Lemon & Herb

Wild Herb

Garlic

Medium

Hot

Extra Hot

Extra Extra Hot

You then lovingly pour them on following the curves of the bread, with medium going straight down the middle and the others curving either side and voila. You have a spicy rainbow. I call it the dombow bread

genius, enit

Definitely going to try that (and pretty much everything else on the menu I'm sure)... Or at least the chicken dishes - not really much of a :srsb33f: person

the question is what to try first. I think I'll just start with one of those chicken burgers or something, and then get more in depth

Interesting, I cannot get enough of the handler.

I'd have to say The Handler > Reapers / Defector > Dead Inside > Psycho > Mercy

I cannot decide between Reapers and Defector yet, I find myself singing Defector a lot already. Dead Inside and Psycho switch places when you consider them live because Psycho is insane live.

Yeah, I like the handler, but I don't think it would be as good live as psycho

But then I haven't seen it live so I'm probably wrong

Yeah, I like the handler, but I don't think it would be as good live as psycho

But then I haven't seen it live so I'm probably wrong

When I heard the studio version of Psycho, I never expected it to be as crazy as it is live. The Handler is a slower riff, might not be as crazy as Psycho live, but that riff and falsetto... I cannot wait!

Surprised a leak of the bonus DVD has not shown up anywhere either, iirc the Handler Soundcheck is on there.