Any suggestions on how to store new strings that aren't in sealed packaging? I had a few plain strings that needed to be bought individually, and they've rusted a bit after about six months. I was thinking of just putting them in a plastic bag with a silica gel packet.

That would be my approach, one of those bags you sent me with the dual seals would be good. Personally, if they're already rusted, i'd bin them, but them i'm not Jim.

And yeah, they're exactly what I was after to put them on a guitar for someone who's not as 'technical' as myself. I think the HAPM string locking mechanism would blow his mind, these are a better bet.

That would be my approach, one of those bags you sent me with the dual seals would be good. Personally, if they're already rusted, i'd bin them, but them i'm not Jim.

And yeah, they're exactly what I was after to put them on a guitar for someone who's not as 'technical' as myself. I think the HAPM string locking mechanism would blow his mind, these are a better bet.

Yeah I have - there was one which seemed fine that I ended up using, but it probably won't last as long as a new one.

and that's cool. Are the HAPMs the ones that lock in place as you're tuning? I think the chrome guitar has those. I was thinking of swapping them out for HAPs, but these seem to have enough of an angle.

Even that stuff they were giving away in the hotels was better than what you could actually buy here.

with said tea.

guitar village? that's the only one I could find

That's the one. I am hoping to make time to gawp there this weekend.

Try Barry's Tea and get back to us.

And I would have done a 'fixed' and made it Yorkshire Tea if I wasn't 2 days late... but also, proper real ale CAMRA beer is excellent, but not when it's badly pulled, flat and the wrong temperature, ie how most draught beer is served south of Chesterfield.

And now I'll creep back off unless someone finds me a fish-shaped tuner!

Question, a lot of the popular guitar compressors only have 2-3 controls, usually something like level, gain, threshold. I've been reading up about compressors cos I'm gonna need one in due course for a specific sound I'm after, but I would ideally need one with the full range of controls, like attack, release, ratio etc. But they all seem very pricey. So does anyone use a compressor with the full compliment of controls or is there a better way?

That's the one. I am hoping to make time to gawp there this weekend.

And now I'll creep back off unless someone finds me a fish-shaped tuner!

Might have to check them out as well - didn't realize there was a museum.

and I'm surprised that no one has done that yet. Waiting for Neil to jump on that opportunity.

So about that Alpher that Jack from Marmozets was getting built with all the copper

hrngh

jazzmobile.jpg

Hard to see in this picture I think, but the copper/ebony looks amazing.

Something that always grinds my gears

When some famous band/musician uploads a picture of something gear related, and you get some whatever people commenting with fucking obvious statements like "is that a p90" or some other mundane fucking thing trying to draw a reply from the artist so they feel special. If it was some other weird bit of gear then sure, ask, but not for fucking obvious stuff

When some famous band/musician uploads a picture of something gear related, and you get some whatever people commenting with fucking obvious statements like "is that a p90" or some other mundane fucking thing trying to draw a reply from the artist so they feel special. If it was some other weird bit of gear then sure, ask, but not for fucking obvious stuff

CGCI91IWoAAzJMU.jpg

is that a p90?

Well, is it a P90?

:LOL:

Lovely

and yeah I can understand that, especially when it's an artist who tends to reply to comments relatively often - then it's more obvious when people are just doing it for attention.

This is why I never bother tweeting Jack from Marmozets about P90 pickups or Dom from the band Muse about 7 string guitars. I know I won't get an answer, and I don't want to be THAT guy.

I don't know how it is in real life though. I gather that for the most part, bands aren't all that interested in talking about gear at gigs... I've only been guilty of doing this once (and this was a fairly well known band) and the guitarist didn't mind talking about his setup. I guess it depends who you're talking to though. Would I ask Josh Homme about his setup? I wouldn't dare.

also, finally got the new turbowolf album. brilliant.

And yet here I am wanting people to ask what my gear is. Can totally understand some being reserved.

Actually, I loaned my bass rig off to someone this week. Going to be hearing it from the floor, which is probably going to be an odd feeling. At least the guy borrowing it loves it so far. :D

I asked Peter from The Antlers about his rig, he was happy to talk about it. By no means was he a gear nerd, but he explained why he was using the guitars he used and what he liked about his amp. Twas nice. I also got a free beer off of them :happy:

And yet here I am wanting people to ask what my gear is. Can totally understand some being reserved.

Actually, I loaned my bass rig off to someone this week. Going to be hearing it from the floor, which is probably going to be an odd feeling. At least the guy borrowing it loves it so far. :D

I probably wouldn't mind discussing it. I've not really got anything to hide, and it's really only the guitars that are a bit out of the ordinary.

And I'd be worried about lending my gear out at the risk of hearing it sound better than when I'm using it :$

I asked Peter from The Antlers about his rig, he was happy to talk about it. By no means was he a gear nerd, but he explained why he was using the guitars he used and what he liked about his amp. Twas nice. I also got a free beer off of them :happy:

Nice :awesome:

Thing is, I probably wouldn't bother in most cases.. but then I rarely have the opportunity to actually start a conversation about anything because they're in a rush. That time I mentioned with Tim from Ash was an exception because he was hanging around after the gig, and he's probably as much of a gear nerd as I am.

Speaking of meeting bands, you met Mike from Royal Blood didn't you? He really didn't seem to want to deal with the few fans that were waiting for him after that last gig I went to. Think one person got a picture and something signed, but that was pretty much it. Still a little baffled by that.

He was the same at my show too.

I was the only person who got a photo with him. He seemed really distant. I was going to ask Ben about it but he was so nice I didn't want to potentially bring up personal stuff.

Reapers is unbelievable :facemelt:

anyway! My whammy DT doesent work at all. It comes on but whenever I activate DT or whammy it cuts out. Only bypass works... Any suggestions?

download.jpeg

Not had that problem with mine, although part of the output jack fell off the other day. Could try re-calibrating the treadle if you've not done that already.

Pickup selector on the MA-1 is a bit fucked.

Call Mansons, they've posted up a replacement to my local guitar shop, and are taking care of the cost of works.

Minor thing, but damn, i do appreciate good customer service!!