also, my new pickup arrived. Now for fun with rotary switches!

which pickup is this again?

also, regarding what we were discussing on the last page...I think I've got enough planned out in advance. I don't want to look into it too much (since it probably won't go as planned) but it's a good guide anyway.

And if anyone in the area (central london or exeter) wants to meet up let me know in the next couple of weeks. leaving on 7th june (sunday.) There's going to be a little meet up at Mansons it seems...Shame I can't bring anything with me though. Wouldn't mind getting a group chrome guitar picture with musecasters and Olly!

so i was just looking on ebay to see if there were any cheap loop pedals and came across these brand new $50 TC electronic dittos: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-TC-Electronic-Ditto-Looper-Guitar-Loop-Effects-Pedal-/321763355869?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item4aea972cdd

seems a bit too good to be true... no real way to check legitimacy though is there?

are these possibly even likely to just be scratch and dent stock with cosmetic issues?

which pickup is this again?

The neodymium bridge p90 sized humbucker from calig pickups. For being cheap as fuck, its got good clarity, but not as loud as I hoped. Not bad all the same for the price of it. Ended up wiring it with series/parallel and it sounds great on series. The height needs to be tweaked a bit, but I think moving it closer to the strings will make it a bit louder. Also managed to do something to break one of my 27//54 prototypes. Something went pop.

Well would you rather be associated with Cark bai, or the rest of the country?

edit:

also, my new pickup arrived. Now for fun with rotary switches!

Fucksake Neil, you know for a fact Waterford hates everyone else.

Starting in a week on Wednesday. Finished in 2 weeks on Wednesday.

Squeaky bum time.

Ah right, that means we're in for some good weather, as is the tradition with the old LC. Best of luck with it anyway!

so i was just looking on ebay to see if there were any cheap loop pedals and came across these brand new $50 TC electronic dittos: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-TC-Electronic-Ditto-Looper-Guitar-Loop-Effects-Pedal-/321763355869?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item4aea972cdd

seems a bit too good to be true... no real way to check legitimacy though is there?

are these possibly even likely to just be scratch and dent stock with cosmetic issues?

Well behringer bought them out recently, so either they're being blown out (some places in the US are doing this) or they're different from before (I'm guessing this hasn't happened yet though)

I could do London

Sure - I already wrote down the address for nandos islington (seems a bit much, but I was genuinely disappointed that I forgot last time)

I did have something at gregg's in exeter last time (or at least I think I did) and it seemed pretty good. Any other places that the archbishop of banterbury would eat at?

The neodymium bridge p90 sized humbucker from calig pickups. For being cheap as fuck, its got good clarity, but not as loud as I hoped. Not bad all the same for the price of it. Ended up wiring it with series/parallel and it sounds great on series. The height needs to be tweaked a bit, but I think moving it closer to the strings will make it a bit louder. Also managed to do something to break one of my 27//54 prototypes. Something went pop.

is it meant to be lower output? and yeah, moving it closer will make it a bit louder, but keep an eye on your intonation as it can mess with that

Is it a big job to replace a sustainer circuit board? Is there soldering involved or is it clipped in and stuff?

clipped in except for two wires. Did you still need the circuit board? I'm pretty sure I still have one here that won't be used anytime soon

is it meant to be lower output? and yeah, moving it closer will make it a bit louder, but keep an eye on your intonation as it can mess with that

No it should be much higher output. It is a bit far from the strings as is. I could use a rule of thumb for distance from strings tbh

No it should be much higher output. It is a bit far from the strings as is. I could use a rule of thumb for distance from strings tbh

How far? I've never really measured the pickup distances in my guitars, but I can tell that they vary greatly. Some are pretty far away, some nearly touching the strings.

I'm guessing it's not the same for every pickup either (keeping the intonation in mind too). Are we basically talking two P90s though? because I can get some measurements (in metric of course) of that setup if you want.

I did have something at gregg's in exeter last time (or at least I think I did) and it seemed pretty good. Any other places that the archbishop of banterbury would eat at?

Its time to break out the Michelin Guide or the Gault Millau one.

Breakfast: third wave espressos from some Square Mile beans

Lunch: Some of dat dere Blumenthal shit

Dinner: Nando's and craft beer, non of that boring Real Ale CAMRA shit though

How far? I've never really measured the pickup distances in my guitars, but I can tell that they vary greatly. Some are pretty far away, some nearly touching the strings.

I'm guessing it's not the same for every pickup either (keeping the intonation in mind too). Are we basically talking two P90s though? because I can get some measurements (in metric of course) of that setup if you want.

Its only one p90 at the bridge. The DC on it is around 12k I think so if you know if any of your pickups are around that, the distances away they are would help. Cheers

Its time to break out the Michelin Guide or the Gault Millau one.

Breakfast: third wave espressos from some Square Mile beans

Lunch: Some of dat dere Blumenthal shit

Dinner: Nando's and craft beer, non of that boring Real Ale CAMRA shit though

brilliant

nando's only for dinner though? I do like those massive £8 breakfasts that many of the pubs have, but I should enjoy this while I have the chance

Which reminds me, need to find out if there's one in Exeter...

Its only one p90 at the bridge. The DC on it is around 12k I think so if you know if any of your pickups are around that, the distances away they are would help. Cheers

I think the closest I have is 10k, but I'll get a measurement of that.

Visit Brewdog, in Camden.

Its beer is brewed about 20 miles from my house, and will blow your cute lil 'Merican socks off

But their whole thing is copying american craft beer with some next level marketing, their distribution is good tho but they have nothing on New York. They showed me the light a few years ago so i am not hating or anything and i still drink them due to limited US stuff availability but James is probably within a 5km radius of the best bottleshops of the world.