Guessing that or LA

edit: fucks sake I wanted to go to LA

I'm hopnig for NYC, for one it is far closer, and two, if they decide to do something funky where you need to hit the box office for tickets or something, I have a follow muser down there who can hook me up.

Depends where it all is, I suppose. I don't think the whole band together with all their stuff are in the US that often though?

Well it seems by the pictures of their rehearsals and all that they tend to be based in the US now. Who knows maybe they've got rigs in both Europe and the US now.

Well it seems by the pictures of their rehearsals and all that they tend to be based in the US now. Who knows maybe they've got rigs in both Europe and the US now.

Well even still, if May 8th is the first gig of a hypothetical tour, still leaves them a solid 2 weeks of gigging, and then a week before their first show in Munch May 29th. They could probably squeeze in a little bit more before Munich, and May 8th might not be the first show to take place either.

Do any of you use those card sized measuring tools. The kind that Stewmac and a few others sell?

Yeah, forgot to mention that before. I use the metric version though, but I guess that makes sense considering where the guitars are made :erm:

They have a few purposes, but I only really use them as a guide to set action.

Ah, I see - I thought I read something when they were getting ready to make the album that suggested they were mostly over here now. Who knows? :chuckle:

I'm setting up a 2nd pedalboard to use for my covers band (my current one is just too big). I was thinking of getting an EHX Bass Soul Food with my Bass Big Muff and my delay. Does anyone have any experience with the BSF?

Also, since I'm taking the Big Muff of my main board, I was planning on replacing it with a Boss ODB-3 (I know it's not a fuzz, but I'm not looking for a fuzz), doesn't anyone here have any experience with that?

Also, since I'm taking the Big Muff of my main board, I was planning on replacing it with a Boss ODB-3 (I know it's not a fuzz, but I'm not looking for a fuzz), doesn't anyone here have any experience with that?

I have one of those :eek: I think it's a good pedal, but it has different controls from most ODs. rather than a standard tone control, there's a high/low cut and boost, and also wet/dry (clean blend I guess) control. I imagine you'd get better results with the LS-2 though, but I haven't tried it with this pedal

I have an OBD-3 and I gave up on selling it because I couldn't move it after a few months. It just always sounds "fizzy" which is probably the best description I can give for it. It'll not get close to giving you *that* overdrive sound you're looking for.

Granted, I used it as my main distortion on our last EP. Not horrible by any means but so many better options.

I have one of those :eek: I think it's a good pedal, but it has different controls from most ODs. rather than a standard tone control, there's a high/low cut and boost, and also wet/dry (clean blend I guess) control. I imagine you'd get better results with the LS-2 though, but I haven't tried it with this pedal

I have an OBD-3 and I gave up on selling it because I couldn't move it after a few months. It just always sounds "fizzy" which is probably the best description I can give for it. It'll not get close to giving you *that* overdrive sound you're looking for.

Granted, I used it as my main distortion on our last EP. Not horrible by any means but so many better options.

It's a bit noisy, but can be really nice. I prefer a bit more quality to drives. Any sound examples of the kind of tone you want?

Thanks for the replies, guys! Right, so it doesn't sound like good news then.

For my originals stuff I have my fulltone bassdrive on 80% of the time, so this pedal isn't for a general tone. It's really for those moments where the bass needs to sound almost unnaturally huge. This band is about dynamics and I want to be able to go to the extreme end of the density spectrum.

I know that paragraph is probably very unhelpful but it's the best way I can discribe it. My Big Muff wasn't big enough and my bassdrive isn't aggressive enough.

Hahaha! My money's on it being a fuzz face variant

It's arrived in the US finally, and I should have it next week. What are the chances that it arrives smashed into a million pieces? Pretty likely, but don't worry, there will be gut pics.

I want to be able to go to the extreme end of the density spectrum.

Potential lyric for a song right there.

What about blending two peddles with the LS-2? Or would you need another LS-2 to blend some clean back in? :erm: I've never tried it with more than one pedal.