I have a gas for a maxon od820. Internally running at 18v for more headroom, opamp filters for warmer lower end, and the drive acts as a blend between clean and dirty tone so turned down its just a good clean boost. Might be worth a look?

I have a gas for a maxon od820. Internally running at 18v for more headroom, opamp filters for warmer lower end, and the drive acts as a blend between clean and dirty tone so turned down its just a good clean boost. Might be worth a look?

For me? It's a bit expensive. The Swollen Pickle would be going on my originals band pedalboard, where I'm willing to invest for good gear. The Soul Food/OD pedal would be for my covers band where having a perfect tone isn't necessary. So spend €170 on one pedal for a board with a €90 fuzz and a €40 delay seems a bit excessive. It's certainly a cool pedal though.

I'm starting to think you need an EQ on either your clean or dirt chain to scoop out frequencies that combine to muddiness.

Yeah, I was beginning to think that too. I need to replace the big Muff anyway since I need that for my covers board. So I still think I'll get the Swollen Pickle. But I might get one of those mooer Bass EQs or a low pass filter for my clean chain. Thoughts?

i had a go of some of the mooer stuff in xmusic a while back. The thing I've found with those cheaper brands is that they can be hit and miss from one pedal to the next. That being said, Mooer seem to have waaaay more good pedals than bad ones. I've my eye on a few of their things and I wouldn't be disappointed by them. Best bet is to look at the reviews, but as far as cheaper pedals go, they seem to be considerably better than most. my €0.02

i had a go of some of the mooer stuff in xmusic a while back. The thing I've found with those cheaper brands is that they can be hit and miss from one pedal to the next. That being said, Mooer seem to have waaaay more good pedals than bad ones. I've my eye on a few of their things and I wouldn't be disappointed by them. Best bet is to look at the reviews, but as far as cheaper pedals go, they seem to be considerably better than most. my €0.02

Yeah, I think what mooer's weak point is dirt pedals. That said, I've seen people use them effectively, but they've never been great to my ear. I like their modulation stuff. I'll do my research on the EQ tonight.

I still need to find more info about that damn Bass Soul Food. The EHX demo sounds shit but the PGS demo sounds amazing.

where did you find the price? and is the schematic available yet?

Edit: Found it. Yeah I guess that's a bit expensive, but it could be worse. They're selling tube screamer reissues for that price now.

At least it's made in the UK, right? I've got one of these, and to be honest, the construction was a disappointment... especially the crimp connectors

orange_rocker30_2.jpg

Having said that, it's worked fine for nearly ten years now... except for that time it blew up due to user error :facepalm:

Edited by james90

Hey sidious911

early versions of cruel and out of the black

Or is that just one song? :erm:

Also, were we supposed to find out about that 'secret show' tomorrow?

Ha back when they had a guitarist...

And I don't think it is getting announced today as far as I know?

James!! MUSE NYC May 8th! CALLED IT. FUCK I NEED TICKETS SO BAD I MIGHT CRY.

I KNOW

What do you think you'll do? Can that friend of yours hook you up with tickets for this? and would you be able to travel down here on such short notice?

I KNOW

What do you think you'll do? Can that friend of yours hook you up with tickets for this? and would you be able to travel down here on such short notice?

Well I have a pre-order code so I am attempting to get tickets tomorrow morning and will be driving down. My friend is also attempting to get tickets, and she said I'll get her 2nd if she gets them and I don't.

This NEEDS to happen or I wont be able to live with myself!

Not sure whether to ask this in here or the luthiery thread, but has anyone got experience putting together the Graphtech stuff? I was wondering if the connectors from the saddles to the board disconnect from the board easily or not? I wondered about seeing if I could swap a couple round (say the G and the B string) and then see there's still a problem on the same one, but I opened the guitar up last night and had forgotten how small it all was, so I didn't want to break anything by trying. Don't really know what I'm doing on this, but I need to test it if I can to be sure where the problem is. If I can narrow it down for sure as one particular insert, I can probably get it replaced and hopefully it won't be too much hassle. Need to prove where the problem is as soon as possible really though.

Well I have a pre-order code so I am attempting to get tickets tomorrow morning and will be driving down. My friend is also attempting to get tickets, and she said I'll get her 2nd if she gets them and I don't.

This NEEDS to happen or I wont be able to live with myself!

yeah that. i'm hoping i can get from the presale anyway, because if i can't get from that, it seems less likely that i'll get from the public sale

also, this just arrived. haven't tried it yet, but it seems to work. they glued the back on, so I'll have to destroy it to find the secret to marx tone

XWdVVx0.jpg

(y)(eee)(y)

I haven't slept at all because of all this ticket pre-sale anxiety. Still got over four hours to go as well....

Also

That was a bit anticlimactic, can't this guy be a little more like Bs?

jesus christ why

(y)(eee)(y)

I haven't slept at all because of all this ticket pre-sale anxiety. Still got over four hours to go as well....

Also

That was a bit anticlimactic, can't this guy be a little more like Bs?

I am so anxious it isn't even funny...

That video... wow