Aw yeah, I know you weren't being serious :LOL:

If it's got 79p or something similar written on the bottles it should be the same stuff... I think anyway. #BruFax

Found it on some Fender forum. I thought they both had the same body shape as well, but that cad might not be very accurate.

Yeah, cads aren't very trustworthy :nerd:

and yeah they do, but it doesn't say where they were bru'd, and I swear they taste slightly different.

If it says BARR on them then it's the same stuff, whether it's still bru'd in the heartland is another matter. I think irn bru always tastes different warm than when it's cold, it may be that.

Also I know a guy who's got Bass and treble knobs tattooed on each arse cheek.

Looking at possibly buying a Line 6 HD500x. Any thoughts/reviews? Good and bad.

personal opinion on all Line6 stuff is that I hate the tone's they have and any modeling they have is turrible. That being said tons of members on the forum here seem to like it and that's okay.

If it says BARR on them then it's the same stuff, whether it's still bru'd in the heartland is another matter. I think irn bru always tastes different warm than when it's cold, it may be that.

Also I know a guy who's got Bass and treble knobs tattooed on each arse cheek.

I wouldn't drink it warm.

And did someone say Nando's?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2622224/Teenager-nicknamed-Nandos-love-fast-food-chain-gets-logo-tattooed-BOTTOM-angry-wont-free-meals.html

Turns out the pots I bought don't fit through the holes in the guitar body :facepalm:. Is drilling the holes to make them a bit bigger likely to crack the finish? It's a black cort if anyone's drilled one before.

I might be better off getting someone who properly knows what they're doing to put the new parts in.

Turns out the pots I bought don't fit through the holes in the guitar body :facepalm:. Is drilling the holes to make them a bit bigger likely to crack the finish? It's a black cort if anyone's drilled one before.

I might be better off getting someone who properly knows what they're doing to put the new parts in.

Don't drill, just use a taper reamer like this and go slowly https://smile.amazon.com/Woodstock-D4140-Repairmans-Taper-Reamer/dp/B005W17DFC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469572313&sr=8-1&keywords=taper+reamer

That's exactly what I did with mine ^^ Go slowly and keep checking. I did it from the back first, then front. It was pretty easy

Don't drill, just use a taper reamer like this and go slowly https://smile.amazon.com/Woodstock-D4140-Repairmans-Taper-Reamer/dp/B005W17DFC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469572313&sr=8-1&keywords=taper+reamer

That's exactly what I did with mine ^^ Go slowly and keep checking. I did it from the back first, then front. It was pretty easy

Don't do that unless you have one and know how to use it. Just buy the correct metric pots and save yourself the hassle.

It looks so empty - send it back and tell them to finish making the rest of it. :chuckle:

I missed having a tone knob on my last custom actually. Making sure my new one has it as it won't have the hexaphonic stuff, so there's a direct swap for the volume knob that needed last time.

Edited by Bs

Latest Jack from the band Marmozets guitar almost complete from Alpher:

No volume or tone pots and only one pickup, Bs must be near vomiting.

That's not even P90.

I can only imagine he has a volume pedal on his board. I wouldn't be able to use something like that because of habit alone.

That's not even P90.

I can only imagine he has a volume pedal on his board. I wouldn't be able to use something like that because of habit alone.

Agree. The volume pot on my strat died once, and only worked at full volume. I was so used to modulating the volume with my pinkie, I literally couldn't play the guitar till I got it fixed.

I always ream the control holes a little when I pot in a brand new pot or switch because you never know if you're going to push the finish up.

I'm with Cider but I've taken a drill to a brand new US PRS too, so my opinion is meaningless if you're not comfortable with working on things.

I'm with Cider but I've taken a drill to a brand new US PRS too, so my opinion is meaningless if you're not comfortable with working on things.

I'm not hugely comfortable with working on stuff like that. Probably going to get a lutheir to sort it, saves me ruining anything.

Also,

Nice.

THE PLUG IN BABY'S ARE COMING

Exactly. I don't think I'm going to search the tag to see what's been posted.

Does it count if the pedal is built into your guitar?

Also, drilling into a brand new custom $500 guitar body... what could possibly go wrong?

Exactly. I don't think I'm going to search the tag to see what's been posted.

Does it count if the pedal is built into your guitar?

Also, drilling into a brand new custom $500 guitar body... what could possibly go wrong?

Does it count if it's a clone of a Zvex pedal? :rolleyes:

#yolo

Exactly. No problems drilling so far, but I still have the string tree to mount, so chances are I'll end up going straight through the headstock. :cool:

Does it count if it's a clone of a Zvex pedal? :rolleyes:

"It's a zvex fuzz factory built into my guitar. You can't see it, but it's definitely not a clone if that's what you're thinking"

Also

ZxfxN1Z.jpg

I think the fretwork was a bit better than usual on this one, but it'll definitely need the nut adjusted if I want to use 11s

Exactly. No problems drilling so far, but I still have the string tree to mount, so chances are I'll end up going straight through the headstock. :cool:

"It's a zvex fuzz factory built into my guitar. You can't see it, but it's definitely not a clone if that's what you're thinking. Please don't send me threatening emails Zach."

Also

ZxfxN1Z.jpg

I think the fretwork was a bit better than usual on this one, but it'll definitely need the nut adjusted if I want to use 11s

Fixed.

Not sure about that birdseye, I like a bit more figuring in the wood, rather than just the dots appearing on the surface if that makes sense? Does look lovely though, does it play nice?