Honestly, I wouldn't expect it to sound that much different if it has the same speakers. The cab has greater volume, but the resonance of a standard marshall 4x12 is only ~100Hz, I don't see much advantage in lowering that to be honest. Would be interesting to know how it 'feels' to stand in front of one of those at full tilt though, I expect that is an experience.

Re: those 8x12's, I'm sure Jim Marshall said that most of them were returned and cut in half to make the stacks. I've never personally seen one :(

You do.

Do you know where I can get an irn bru decal? I want to put one on the headstock of the irncaster.

Not sure about a decal, although I'm sure there's one to be found. Alternatively you'll definitely be able to find stickers or similar off eBay.

I think you're better off going all out and getting someone to paint this on the back of the body

e28501fac352c73c1384413c270b95c5.jpg

Alternatively, a sleek one of these on the headstock...

ec0e49cbac73616f599bd0af63316b43.jpg

... and voila, it's the Barr Guitarr :awesome:

A really noob question: What do I plug my Line 6 multi-fx unit into to get sound out? I've only ever used headphones with it, but I do want to play without headphones now since I've moved somewhere with better soundproofing.

I don't have an amp though, and since the pedal has amp sims, would it be better to get something flat?

A really noob question: What do I plug my Line 6 multi-fx unit into to get sound out? I've only ever used headphones with it, but I do want to play without headphones now since I've moved somewhere with better soundproofing.

I don't have an amp though, and since the pedal has amp sims, would it be better to get something flat?

Not better or worse really.

If you're also looking to use speakers for recording and listening to music, then probably better to go that route.

However a real amp is always nice, however impractical.

Not better or worse really.

If you're also looking to use speakers for recording and listening to music, then probably better to go that route.

However a real amp is always nice, however impractical.

do you have any speaker recommendations? Or small amp :$

What sort of budget?

around 150~200

Perhaps one of those small Roland Cube amps?? I see buskers using them all the time and usually they sound just fine. You'd need a full range keyboard or vocal one, rather than one designed as a guitar amp.

hm, what if i just want to play the guitar/ bass out, since the Line 6 does all the modeling anyway?

around 150~200

hm, what if i just want to play the guitar/ bass out, since the Line 6 does all the modeling anyway?

For that kind of budget maybe see if you can just pick up a used powered PA speaker. For 200 you might be able to grab an Alto TS110A. It can also do double duty as a monitor for a band, party speaker, etc.

Tons of guys in the modeling world go that route.

around 150~200

If you're after studio monitors, you should be able to get a second hand pair of KRK Rokit 5's for that budget and should be other options.

Active stage monitors or PA speaker is also possible, especially second hand.

Studio monitors would be for a bedroom setup and multiples sources, not just the multi-fx (But might need to consider a small mixer). Stage monitor would be good for going between bedroom and stage, but are not necessarily 'flat' as many are kind of intended for getting a voice across rather than the full frequency range.

Awk, official smishal. It looks the part, do it!

When I was scrolling down, I thought your avatar was the barr logo for a second.

Is this good or bad?

Also, I got a second delivery of irn bru, this time directly from amazon (instead of one of those 3rd party sellers)

It looks different again. Label has those markings that most american drinks do.

This might be disappointing, but we'll see. I'm waiting for them to cool down first.

If you're after studio monitors, you should be able to get a second hand pair of KRK Rokit 5's for that budget and should be other options.

Active stage monitors or PA speaker is also possible, especially second hand.

Studio monitors would be for a bedroom setup and multiples sources, not just the multi-fx (But might need to consider a small mixer). Stage monitor would be good for going between bedroom and stage, but are not necessarily 'flat' as many are kind of intended for getting a voice across rather than the full frequency range.

Sounds like studio monitors would work for me, since I never intend to bring it anywhere?

Sounds like studio monitors would work for me, since I never intend to bring it anywhere?

Well its what I've done for years!

But I am using them for listening to music, electronic instruments, recording/mixing etc as well. If you'd like to use speakers for any of that as well, then studio monitors make the most sense.

When I was scrolling down, I thought your avatar was the barr logo for a second.

Is this good or bad?

Also, I got a second delivery of irn bru, this time directly from amazon (instead of one of those 3rd party sellers)

It looks different again. Label has those markings that most american drinks do.

This might be disappointing, but we'll see. I'm waiting for them to cool down first.

Oh dear, I wonder if there are any genuine Barr resellers in the states. If there is they must be sniffed out.

Oh dear, I wonder if there are any genuine Barr resellers in the states. If there is they must be sniffed out.

I would think this stuff is genuine, but not the same bru as what I had in the UK.

What do you think? This latest batch is definitely not as ... potent as the others.

bPjU0gd.jpg

TEIF6GM.jpg

I would think this stuff is genuine, but not the same bru as what I had in the UK.

What do you think? This latest batch is definitely not as ... potent as the others.

bPjU0gd.jpg

TEIF6GM.jpg

How curious. Certainly earned the same labelling as here minus the weird US font. Does it say where it is bottled?

At this point I'm just impressed how well you're sourcing the stuff over there.

I was surprised too, but there are three or four amazon sellers (and now amazon itself) that I can purchase from.

Description said it was manufactured in Scotland, so I have no idea.

It must just be that inexplicable thing. You're in Italy or some sunny ass part of the world and some bloke hands you a lemon Fanta and you think wow this beverage could end hate and human suffering.

You get home to Scotland, the temperature creeps above 16 and you're like shit here we go and the stuff tastes like they flavoured tonic water with air fresheners.

All I can tell you James, is that if you want the real bru experience. There's only one place on this earth that can happen.

Oh and bring your Barr Guitarr.