Can't go wrong with a DSL really. :nerd:

Also, unrelated, but I picked one of these up a few weeks back. Just because.

But it's actually really good sounding. Not sure if there's anything unique about it (probably just another tube screamer clone) but I like it more than any other clean boost I've used

I got the SL5 instead for bedroom playing because it's 5/1 watts with 12" speaker, whereas the DSL5 only has 10 inch speaker. SL5 comes in a big-ish cab too and V30. Bet a DSL40 sounds better though.

I got the SL5 instead for bedroom playing because it's 5/1 watts with 12" speaker, whereas the DSL5 only has 10 inch speaker. SL5 comes in a big-ish cab too and V30. Bet a DSL40 sounds better though.

No idea to be honest. I've had an original DSL40 combo in the past, but not one of the new ones.

Hey Jaicen (or anyone else that's familiar with electronics)

With that warmoth build assembly I'm doing, is shielding the cavities necessary? It's not going to have anything really unusual as far as electronics go, so it shouldn't be too noisy on its own (provided that the wiring is relatively neat...)

Edited by james90

Is it just me or is that terrible value.

I feel like it is terrible value too, especially for overseas buyers, since Manson takes 20% VAT off and this guy doesn't.

Still nice getting to see the red guitar with black hardware though. As nice as the 510 bridge + tailpiece set is, it still looks odd on this guitar imo

Shielding is always good. You could use shielded wire in a pinch I guess but it's not too much effore to get some adhesive copper to do it properly?

Hmm fair enough. I'll get a roll of copper tape from stewmac I guess - they also have paint, but I think that's asking for trouble in my case

But gain is 'volume'?

Silly guitarists.

Then there are the JCM 800s which have the preamp gain (probably the best name) labeled as "preamp volume", with the master volume as well.

It was far less confusing with the Orange amps as they gave you pictures to go by as well... plus you know they're serious when the boost control is labeled with a fist.

Lol, that popped up on my Facebook feed too, I think I liked it way too much.

And yeah, go for tape, fender uses paint but I don't think that is as good.

Hmm ok. Just ordered a roll of copper tape anyway.

Then there are the JCM 800s which have the preamp gain (probably the best name) labeled as "preamp volume", with the master volume as well.

It was far less confusing with the Orange amps as they gave you pictures to go by as well... plus you know they're serious when the boost control is labeled with a fist.

Actually that makes more sense than using Gain & Volume.

New CW basses in stock soon *drools* http://www.status-graphite.com/status/frames/index_home.html

James James you haven't told me what that Strat finish is called. Don't leave a girl hanging :'(

I see that your black (sandblasted?) custom is almost here? :ninja:

Wow, the signed ones that were used on tour and recording.

I don't know the exact name for it, but it's not a normal paint finish.

And yes, it should be ready soon.

I do. Its not something I'd spec myself bit it looks great.

What's the specs on the pickup?

I was considering going for a plain matt(e) black finish, but decided against it.

No idea about any specifics. All I requested was the brushed nickel cover with black allen bolt pole pieces

Edited by james90

Um, apparently Billie Joe Armstrong has a guitar shop a couple of miles away... Day trip sometime this week, I guess

Wow, the signed ones that were used on tour and recording.

new bass for james90? :ninja:

I don't know the exact name for it, but it's not a normal paint finish.

That's what I suspected! Thank you ~ that clears up a lot of stuff actually :D

And yes, it should be ready soon.

I didn't know what to think when you only showed the body, but with everything put together now that finish looks so nice. :awesome:

#perfectreaction

That's nothing. Imagine the reaction when I actually opened the message...

Ujw9MVI.gif

Any updates on your build @jbias12?

I saw your body, but I think it would have been inappropriate to take pictures of it without you being aware...