Played another MBC1 today, it was nice, better than the early one I played at Manson, even with the rusty strings :facepalm:

Do they all have gloss necks?

Yes as far as I know. And I was tempted to try the one at mansions... a few people said they didn't like that one, but liked the other(s) they tried. :confused:

I did spend a bit of time with the MB-1 prototype. Really nice, but I'm so used to having 10-52s on those.

Yeah all super glossy I think. Although one guy got his refinished by Mansons I know.

It's easy to get it from glossy as hell to a nice smooth satin feel though, I'm planning on lightly sanding the entire neck down on mine, hopefully getting rid of the ugly serial numbers and stuff on the back of the headstock too.

Heh saw that a while back

I'm still trying to figure out the details on that shadow guitar I bought. It's definitely from that... 'breed', as the same guitar is listed in the EMEX catalog (need to scan this in for you all), but just seems to be under a different brand name.

I think these might have come slightly later, and they corrected that horrible mistake with the neck joint (had a closer look and they did actually use ferrules on this one)

Wonder how to get that bass here... :erm:

Do it. It's the same finish as yours as well!

Yes as far as I know. And I was tempted to try the one at mansions... a few people said they didn't like that one, but liked the other(s) they tried. :confused:

I did spend a bit of time with the MB-1 prototype. Really nice, but I'm so used to having 10-52s on those.

Yeah, not sure why but this one was nicer in some unquantifiable way.

Actually thinking about it, it's probably because I played it briefly after the MB2se and the E62, while I was waiting for mine to come up from the works, which may have coloured my view.

Yeah, not sure why but this one was nicer in some unquantifiable way.

Actually thinking about it, it's probably because I played it briefly after the MB2se and the E62, while I was waiting for mine to come up from the works, which may have coloured my view.

Yeah maybe, but like I said, I've heard from a few others that they didn't like the one in the shop, but thought the others were good.

They also had the red sparkle one on display. Looked a LOT better in real life. Needs a chrome covered bridge pickup though!

Shame you couldn't come to our night out with the ladz... musecasters and rust_relic brought a few guitars. The mirror X-Y replica, 007, and 1973 tele deluxe.

It's easy to get it from glossy as hell to a nice smooth satin feel though, I'm planning on lightly sanding the entire neck down on mine, hopefully getting rid of the ugly serial numbers and stuff on the back of the headstock too.

The serial numbers are most likely under the finish. You'd have to sand it to bare wood and refinish to get rid of them. Personally I wouldn't in case the instrument ever gets stolen. Then at least you have a record of it actually being yours.

The serial numbers are most likely under the finish. You'd have to sand it to bare wood and refinish to get rid of them. Personally I wouldn't in case the instrument ever gets stolen. Then at least you have a record of it actually being yours.

This. I keep a record of my serial numbers for that reason.

A missing serial number is a red flag (at least for me) when buying something as well... could suggest it's stolen.

Yeah maybe, but like I said, I've heard from a few others that they didn't like the one in the shop, but thought the others were good.

They also had the red sparkle one on display. Looked a LOT better in real life. Needs a chrome covered bridge pickup though!

Shame you couldn't come to our night out with the ladz... musecasters and rust_relic brought a few guitars. The mirror X-Y replica, 007, and 1973 tele deluxe.

:supersad:

They got everything... Fury, Hyoer Music, The Groove, Assassin, Futurism...

Haven't had a setlist like that since the Psycho tour.

The Groove for me is that extra stab in the side. I really don't know why these sorts of sets are so few and far between. Don't they get bored?

Matt is being super nice on Twitter, talking to fans about rarities (and apologizing for not playing them more often)

This years been great especially for Matt talking to fans on social media, for all us Manson nerds maybe he will show off old guitars!:happy:

This years been great especially for Matt talking to fans on social media, for all us Manson nerds maybe he will show off old guitars!:happy:

Yeah, I really love how nice and down to earth he's been about the whole rarities stuff. https://twitter.com/mattbellamy

He mentioned enjoying smaller gigs a while ago. I hope they do a rarities tour at smaller venues (so 99% of the people wouldn't be clueless :p) one of these days

#truth

@jbias12

That moment when someone with a blue tick follows you on instagram. I have no idea who he is, but I haven't felt this successful since that video I made with the MB-1 :chuckle:

I really should follow more people back. I think there are a few people on here that I haven't followed yet, but I don't know what your usernames are. I think GarJov is one of them?

It's better than that. It has some of the best songs of the psycho tour... in one set.

I say some, because:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXGNWFaArg0

A year ago I was hoping they'd play this in Australia. Now I'm just hoping they'll actually come here sigh.

Anyone in here own a Taylor acoustic? Considering picking one up around the end of the year but not sure if they're entirely worth the price tag.

A year ago I was hoping they'd play this in Australia. Now I'm just hoping they'll actually come here sigh.

Anyone in here own a Taylor acoustic? Considering picking one up around the end of the year but not sure if they're entirely worth the price tag.

I have a 914ce. It's about 10 years old at this point. What are you looking to do with it specifically? Live, recording, just having an acoustic, etc.

I love the way my taylor sounds especially in a mix, and it plays like absolute butter. However, when playing alone sometimes its really hard to beat a Martin's big warm sound. Might want to look into some other brands like Larrivee or Seagul as well.