I wonder if his Strats have aluminum bodies, since I don't think it's possible to do a thin sheet of aluminum plating (not sure if the right technical term) for the curves

At this point with all the new proshot HD videos and photos of him using it I'm assuming its just fender's regular silver finish that they do on some standard models, only MB's isn't glossy and looks like a brushed rough finish.

Here's a CS one http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/24451/Used-Fender-Custom-Shop-Heavy-Relic-70s-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-Inca-Silver/

So what kind of finish is it then exactly? Looking up aluminum strats on the interwebz only digs up strats with the shiny reflective aluminum finishes.

And jesus they didn't exactly do a great job with trying to sound like MB. With a £1500 budget they could have just gotten an HD500X, a DSL40c and the MBC1. I guess you'd just have to be inside that room with them just like they said to fully hear what it sounds like, but otherwise, it sound's pretty poor.

So what kind of finish is it then exactly? Looking up aluminum strats on the interwebz only digs up strats with the shiny reflective aluminum finishes.

And jesus they didn't exactly do a great job with trying to sound like MB. With a £1500 budget they could have just gotten an HD500X, a DSL40c and the MBC1. I guess you'd just have to be inside that room with them just like they said to fully hear what it sounds like, but otherwise, it sound's pretty poor.

They never seem to be all that knowledgeable regarding what bands actually use, considering the amounts of information out there you'd think they at least do a bit of research beforehand.

They never seem to be all that knowledgeable regarding what bands actually use, considering the amounts of information out there you'd think they at least do a bit of research beforehand.

In a way, I'm glad they didn't go directly for the fuzz factory and say it's Muse in a box.

Also, found this in the related videos. The sound when he has the LP plugged in at the end :facemelt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJXzY9vhqZg

In a way, I'm glad they didn't go directly for the fuzz factory and say it's Muse in a box.

They only go for what the shop sells. But really should have gone for the OOS sound/setup, as its all pointless overkill from then on.

They only go for what the shop sells. But really should have gone for the OOS sound/setup, as its all pointless overkill from then on.

Yea they didn't do too bad, but I think they did focus on some wrong areas. Guitar with a whammy wasn't really necessary as you can cover pretty much anything Muse without it, especially since you could but a Tremolo effect on that massive pedal they bought for KoC.

Also face palmed a little when they had no idea what the sustainiac even was and they were trying to add one in.

Yea they didn't do too bad, but I think they did focus on some wrong areas. Guitar with a whammy wasn't really necessary as you can cover pretty much anything Muse without it, especially since you could but a Tremolo effect on that massive pedal they bought for KoC.

Also face palmed a little when they had no idea what the sustainiac even was and they were trying to add one in.

Still think a HH tele or strat would have been better :happy:

nope

10940996_836600339716117_2118711889173671994_n.jpg?oh=6329b3fc859418cec0f99ef07e95a45b&oe=57EA31B2

That yours, James?

I still can't tell what the finish it :( Ghost silver?

Also, kind of random, but props to Elixir strings customer service. 2 strings (from 2 different sets) broke while I was tuning and they're sending replacement. Not sure if it was the Gotoh locking tuners or the faulty strings, but I'm sure other brands wouldn't do this

Yeah, you could get an MBC-1, DSL15C, whammy, DL4 and a fuzz factory pedal for the same money for OOS sort of sound. Would be interesting to see what they would choose in those videos if it wasn't limited to what Andertons has in stock.

amazing.

Yeah, you could get an MBC-1, DSL15C, whammy, DL4 and a fuzz factory pedal for the same money for OOS sort of sound. Would be interesting to see what they would choose in those videos if it wasn't limited to what Andertons has in stock.

Any guitar with Hot Rails/Motherbuckers would be fine if keeping costs down and as Jaicen said, swap the DL4 for an Echo Park and whatever budget is left over, go the as close to a DSL50 as you can get.

I'm sure other brands wouldn't do this

You'd be surprised.

Yeah they've already used a DSL of some sort in another video, so that's definitely an option, and I don't think some of those pedals are absolutely necessary.

Ohmai, how much do I want that to be JaemsNinety.

Swap the DL4 for an echo park and you can get the Vexter FuzzFactory. Instant Hullabaloo Toanz.

I was one of the weird ones. When I was around their age (guessing around 13/14) I was listening to stuff like Hendrix.

And I thought Hullabaloo was pretty much just the red channel on the DSL 100.

Did any of you guys end up getting the Madrozzo MadRose? Came across those last night and I kinda want the silver one. Seems pretty cheap for a guitar with an ebony board, all things considered

Yeah I had one of the satin black ones. The guitar itself was alright - lightyears better than the londaxe, but I can't say it had a good sound, and the switching options were a bit unnecessary. The main reason I sold it was the bridge though... I don't know what they were thinking when they designed that.

I was one of the weird ones. When I was around their age (guessing around 13/14) I was listening to stuff like Hendrix.

And I thought Hullabaloo was pretty much just the red channel on the DSL 100. .

That's my understanding, my dsl's are pretty close although I know Matt said he used the green channel all the way up, not sure he was telling the truth.

Fwiw, I've been into Jimi from day one. He is why I play strats, and why I build guitar pedals (c ouldnt get good fuzz faces back then).

That's my understanding, my dsl's are pretty close although I know Matt said he used the green channel all the way up, not sure he was telling the truth.

Fwiw, I've been into Jimi from day one. He is why I play strats, and why I build guitar pedals (c ouldnt get good fuzz faces back then).

Nah I think that was said sometime in 2000. He definitely was using the green channel then, and you can hear it as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IAfm2S9EEY

compared to this recording from late 2001.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pElLiRBzpx0

They don't use the DSL40 for sounds like anymore because they ended up using it for some many videos. Which is a shame because it probably would have been their best option again.

Can't go wrong with a DSL really. :nerd:

Also, unrelated, but I picked one of these up a few weeks back. Just because.

But it's actually really good sounding. Not sure if there's anything unique about it (probably just another tube screamer clone) but I like it more than any other clean boost I've used