Accidentally chipped my MBCs finish near the output jack :facepalm: Not sure if there's a way to repair this, but I don't think I'll bother.

Could be worse though... remember that time Bs trashed his MB-1?

I thought you'd sold your mbc-1.

Mine has a tiny dent in the finish after I dropped a patch cable on the front of it (not intentionally). Still, the finish on this guitar is tough!

Mine isn't one of the black ones. Are you referring to the MB-2 SE?

Oh yeah, I am. My bad :facepalm:

Does that one have a matte or glossy finish?

Mine has a tiny dent in the finish after I dropped a patch cable on the front of it (not intentionally). Still, the finish on this guitar is tough!

I thought so too. Mine has endured some abuse (due to my clumsiness) but the finish is so resilient. The only scratch I can really find is around the jack where I smacked it really hard against my desk that one time :facepalm:

I did :ninja:

That's something Bs would do. And yeah, the finish is pretty tough. Doesn't seem that it will become glossy after normal use.

Oh yeah, I am. My bad :facepalm:

Does that one have a matte or glossy finish?

matt finish. it hasn't really changed since I got it, but it's not as dry as the MBC-1.

Never thought you'd get rid of a MOC :LOL:

Damn... maybe I should ask to buy it back now...

Nah, it's not like they're difficult to replace. I'm sure I could even get one locally if I wanted, but I wouldn't do that, as you don't get the same experience that you get dealing with Mansons.

Been a while since I posted guys, but the rousing discussion of MBC-1 dings has shown me the way back

Mine has quite a few on the back of the neck and some on the headstock as well as a a patch where the matt finish has worn off (my sweatand hand placement mostly) by the volume knob and right by the lower horn.

Now the biggest thing that's happened recently is that those terrible pots finally broke on me. Well the volume at least. So now, because I didn't measure correctly and realize I needed a longer shaft pot, I have to deal with not having one there to fiddle with (which is a-ok, I rarely do) and just have a new working one hidden away in the cavity, always on 10.

Also I turned the tone knob from treble roll-off to bass roll-off... Or I think I did, the MBC-1 is wired way differently than I had thought it would be, while also NOT being wired that differently...?

picture spoiled for potential gore and crimes against MOC humanity, though personally I don't care about having a beat up guitar with dings and stuff. Character and all that jazz

805ebd292d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone receive their MBC-1RS or MBC-1L with Manson upgrades yet? Last update I got was that Manson has them in house and is currently doing upgrades. They estimated 1-4 weeks. That was 2 weeks ago.

According to the last update on their fb page it looks like a modded MBC-1RS i finally shipping out?

Pics of the killswitch wiring? And you've got your strap at the same length as mine.

it's on this thread a couple of pages back. eh_D posted it. Here it is again:

killswitch.jpg

And no, not really. I had to go to a leather shop and add 2 extra belt slit thingies on the strap the day I got it :$. 5'1" remember? :$

Pic of the actual wiring

mkZxH3al.jpg

I used the wire the kill button came with so it was really easy. Having a kill switch is super nice - i can turn the signals of when messing with my amp and fx stuff. At least there's some use for it. Never touched the kill button at all

Glad I'm not the only one! Did you use any washers other than the ones that came with the switch? Sorry I never posted pics of the wiring or measured anything for you. I suspect we will see more of these as it's mega easy.

Glad I'm not the only one! Did you use any washers other than the ones that came with the switch? Sorry I never posted pics of the wiring or measured anything for you. I suspect we will see more of these as it's mega easy.

I did. The switch came with a washer! And don't apologize. You did more than enough to help me with the switch so I'm really thankful for that. Thank you again! .The hole was bigger than the switch shaft, thankful i got the black washer.

Did you have to put some solder on the ground lug? I didn't at first I but i got some grounding issues. - getting horrible buzzes when i touch strings and stuff - so iput kore solder on the other lugs and some on the ground lug as well. The griunding issue went away afterwards. Not sure if it wad thanks to the extra solder or the fact rhat i put some solder on the ground lug lol.

Edited by Cider

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone receive their MBC-1RS or MBC-1L with Manson upgrades yet? Last update I got was that Manson has them in house and is currently doing upgrades. They estimated 1-4 weeks. That was 2 weeks ago.

Yes, finally!

The glitter is much more noticeable in the flesh then in any of the promo shots.

Had the custom black controls put on by Mansons to replace the normal silver ones for extra

red-and-blackness.

20160630_141318.thumb.jpg.fce4944397c998446aa5ede177cc8a6f.jpg

20160630_141324.thumb.jpg.8c9641610bf11d17a0e66d70bacce0b5.jpg

Edited by D.J.S.R