Yes, finally!

The glitter is much more noticeable in the flesh then in any of the promo shots.

Had the custom black controls put on by Mansons to replace the normal silver ones for extra

red-and-blackness.

How did you get your strap with a second button under the first one at the end of the tailpiece thing? Both of mine, deluxe and standard, came with only one.

Do they offer the option for a black bridge? Seriously tempted if they do.

Not as a stock option as far as I know, but I'm sure you could have it changed afterwards.

Yes, finally!

The glitter is much more noticeable in the flesh then in any of the promo shots.

Had the custom black controls put on by Mansons to replace the normal silver ones for extra

red-and-blackness.

I remember you... :ninja:

Yeah I agree. Looks great in real life. Just not a massive fan of the black open coil bridge pickup on this one.

Think I'm going to look into getting a heavily modified Cort in the Red Glitter, just to have double glitter guitarness. Gonna see if they'll chuck a black covered MBK-2, black bridge, black hardware/tuners and sustainer on it.

I remember you... :ninja:

You should. You have my guitar :p

How did you get your strap with a second button under the first one at the end of the tailpiece thing? Both of mine, deluxe and standard, came with only one.

I've had that strap for about ten years so maybe they don't do that anymore. Honestly I just assumed they were all like that.

You should. You have my guitar :p

I've had that strap for about ten years so maybe they don't do that anymore. Honestly I just assumed they were all like that.

Yes. Yes I do. But I have a feeling it will end up with Olly somehow.

And does this mean Matt B is using straps from the BHAR era? D:

Yes, finally!

red-and-blackness.

that looks gorgeous, I'm jelly! I wish more shops here in Texas carried Cort/Mansons

Yeah I agree. Looks great in real life. Just not a massive fan of the black open coil bridge pickup on this one.

Yeah I agree, I think I'd just slap a Holy Diver in there though if I got it. One for Muse, one for Sludge metal :p

I feel bad for my Cort sometimes, since it's like a community guinea pig at this point :LOL:

But here you go, boys (and girls?), your satin neck :D

EGaliq7l.jpg

How does it feel? what grit sandpaper did you use? also would you consider it a success overall?

Seeing as that mines already frankensteined I might just do the same to mine lol

How does it feel? what grit sandpaper did you use? also would you consider it a success overall?

Seeing as that mines already frankensteined I might just do the same to mine lol

Feels great - kind of like the satin on some Fender necks. I used steel wool, but not sure what kind, just got the finest-looking pack at DAISO cause I'm cheap.

It's definitely a success. I always hated the gloss but wasn't sure how to get rid of it. With the steel wool on hand I buffed the neck of the LP a bit too since playing glossed it up :D:D

I don't care about the neck finish. My e has high gloss Poly, no issues gigging that weekly. My old stray had a satin finish which is now demi gloss, again no problems.

Also, MB has gloss finished necks, so totally legit too.

I don't care about the neck finish. My e has high gloss Poly, no issues gigging that weekly. My old stray had a satin finish which is now demi gloss, again no problems.

Also, MB has gloss finished necks, so totally legit too.

Yeah I'm not bothered about gloss vs. satin for the most part. Only thing that bothers me is when they're all sticky like on some of the newer gibsons

The gloss on the cort is really smooth and not sticky (on mine at least) so refinishing it or whatever doesn't really seem worth it.

Did someone on here say they had to make the holes for the pots larger in their mbc when they put CTS pots in it? (Witz?). Mine cuts out constantly now so the pots need replaced but I don't want to start drilling the guitar.

My palms get sweaty fairly quickly and the gloss doesn't play nice with that. I'll have to pay extra attention to the back of the neck when choosing a guitar from now on (or just stock up on steel wool :rolleyes:)

With all of that work done im surprised they couldn't have been bothered to completely erase the cort logo, and probably position the sustainer switches further away from the other controls.

Seems they didn't bother upgrading any of the hardware either lol. The bridge is the default ABR style with the tiny screw in post, and the tuners are the stock cort tuners too.

Edited by jonbrown

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched the music vid for psycho and noticed around 5:00 that matt was pissing at the cort :eek:

Is this some symbolic act or does he think it is crap? He hasn't used any of the 5 guitars he ordered live either.