There's only a lyrics video though and Matt uses an MB1 in it?

From about 4:40ish on (iirc,) you can clearly see Matt pissing on a guitar in the background clips. It starts off with just a close up of the stream and the guitar, but eventually pulls out to show Matt splay legged over it.

I honestly couldn't tell it was a Cort, and I feel kind of uncomfortable about that.

Somehow I doubt it has anything to do with the fact that it's a cort, besides that it's cheaper and easier to replace than the guitar he was actually playing in the video (which he was still using live at the time)

Exactly, no one got upset over the fake telecaster getting soaked in the new born video.

can you guys link me to the video/ the exact frame? I still can't find it

4.34 you can see the water spraying it on it a fair few times then it zooms out between his legs

That's because the Tele wasn't his new budget signature guitar being urinated on.

I sincerely doubt he actually pissed on it as well. Probs just poured water on it.

Probably less work if he actually just pissed on it, though. Looks pretty authentic.

And if dog piss is close enough to human piss, the tough little guitar probably survived just fine.

(And there's a dog out there that now gets to wear pants.)

It's just such an out of place, pointless sequence that it does invite speculation.

Yeah, it's not like I cared for or understood the purpose of pissing on a guitar in the first place, even when I thought it was a Manson.

Just seems like if it is a Cort, either he had poor feelings about the Corts, or the scene was intended to be in the video any ways and he wanted to wreck a cheaper, look alike guitar instead of a touring one.

But that would mean the scene made some sort of sense in the first place.

This would have been a fun question for the Q&A.

And yes, the dog we rescued urinated on ours. Seems perfectly fine though.

I've a problem with my MBC 1 , the humbucker is moving and sometimes when I touch it the volume stop so I have to move a little bit the pickup for make the guitar sound.

What could I do for that?

Thank you. :)

Well it is normal for a pickup to be able to move around a bit while mounted into the guitar. If the guitar sound is sometimes being cut out you will need to have tech look at the wiring for the guitar and locate the issue.

I got my MBC1-RS yesterday. Pics to follow at a later point. I'd like to echo what a few others have said.. the paint is nearly spot on (I could maybe do with some more glitter) . The promo pics and even normal camera pics really can't do the color justice.

Anyways, mines fitted up with a sustainiac and MBK-2 bridge pup. I've yet to run it through a full trial because of working late, but couldn't be much more happy with it. The placement of the sustainiac switches was a little lazy (too near the adjustment knobs) on the installers end, but it's fine. I'm US based and didn't want to wait the Manson waitlist, so had someone else over here fit it up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ok so my mbc 1 turned up today with a sustainiac upgrade which works as expected, but when I turn on my fuzz factory the sustained notes fade out after about 6 seconds. Any ideas why this may be? Or is the sustainiac and fuzz factory not completely compatible with one another?

The fuzz factory is external btw, not built in.

Hi!

The same thing hapenned to me too...

Sustainiac and original fuzz factory pedal on a LP guitar.

Never solved the problem.

I stopped using the FF when using the sustainiac.

The workaround from nerd herd works. I tried with a crybaby buffered in front of the FF and the sustainiac came back on but it introduced a lot more noise to the signal.

Also another work around but not very good in my opinion and it may not work in your case. Rolling back the volume pot on the guitar brings the sustainiac on (without the buffered pedal workaround). Try it. For me it takes away the tone and gain of the guitar and it's not very usable. I use it with another fuzz after the FF. Yep! 2 fuzz boxes.

Since I tried it I started to wonder if that's the workaround Matt uses since he still uses the keeley fuzz pedal I think.

Also talked to Alan from the Sustainiac company and he didn't help much.

If you somehow manage to solve the problem, please share it!

Cheers!

Yeah, internal sustainer and internal fuzz factory just don't work well together. It's the same on my custom. You can get around it with an external fuzz pedal obviously, but yeah, you do lose a bit of convenience when you want to use both within the guitar. Though to be honest, the sustainer on my custom isn't all that good anyway because the intensity had to be turned so far back due to the aluminium. Still works well in certain circumstances, just not as well generally as it should do.