14203124_1445849068764435_7870124110866842694_n.jpg?oh=ada36af1c8c78fc8f9f290e836734e1a&oe=5846196E

quite a difference on those. almost as much as the 1st batch of MB-1s compared to Bs' guitar

I think I actually prefer the left one. A lot of glitter is great, but mainly when it's concentrated in stripes like the MB1's and the original Santa. This way I think it's too much.

Still nice though :p

How is everyone's MBC1 holding up? Mine probably needs some fretwork soon. :$ It's surprising - I can't believe some frets (10 to 16) already show wear and a couple frets have grooves in them. The 15th fret on the 1st sting kinda chokes out on me too :$

How is everyone's MBC1 holding up? Mine probably needs some fretwork soon. :$ It's surprising - I can't believe some frets (10 to 16) already show wear and a couple frets have grooves in them. The 15th fret on the 1st sting kinda chokes out on me too :$

Pretty well. I'll have had it for a year in a few days and it's in good condition. The frets are getting a bit worn (but nowhere near needing replaced yet) and the forearm contour is slightly shiny now, but other than that nothing's really wrong with it. The original pots broke, but now they've been replaced (along with the bridge and tailpiece) it's actually better than when it was new.

Pretty well. I'll have had it for a year in a few days and it's in good condition. The frets are getting a bit worn (but nowhere near needing replaced yet) and the forearm contour is slightly shiny now, but other than that nothing's really wrong with it. The original pots broke, but now they've been replaced (along with the bridge and tailpiece) it's actually better than when it was new.

Is the switch on yours still good? That was the main thing that felt a bit flimsy besides the bridge.

I've had mine for 9 months. The finish hasn't become shiny yet - which is strangeeee, since the red LP is almost glossy where I rest my arm (gross, I know).

I'm so surprised how fast these frets wear out tbh, some even look like they have been ... dented? The 15th fret on the 1st string is half-dead - it's incredibly hard for me to make that one note sound good :$

Idk if it needs a fret level & crown or a full refret tbh - consider how cheap the frets seem, maybe a refret would be a better option. :$ Shame - the fret ends and everything feels so nice, it's just the quality of the frets themselves

no fretwork needed, but I still need to get a new volume pot that actually makes it through the body, and the matte has worn off a little on the body where I accidentally buffed it off with some sweat and playing. Other than that theres a nick on the neck by the 3rd fret I think, which is actually okay because I use it as a marker for my hand :p

I doubt there would be much of a difference between the original frets and new ones from a different source

Damn, I was hoping that good fret wires (Dunlop maybe?) would be better. I guess not :/

no fretwork needed, but I still need to get a new volume pot that actually makes it through the body, and the matte has worn off a little on the body where I accidentally buffed it off with some sweat and playing. Other than that theres a nick on the neck by the 3rd fret I think, which is actually okay because I use it as a marker for my hand :p

Try this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Guitar-Pot-Potentiometer-Metric-500k-Split-Shaft-Bourns-/322081276925?hash=item4afd8a43fd:g:ASoAAOSwFGNWTVJV

• 4 weeks later...

Mine is pretty good. Since january you've been playing with it regularly.

First problem was the jack. Had to tight it strong so it didn't came loose.Suppose that's normal. But didn't change it. It did the job.

Now the volume pot needs replacing. When rolling it to full it makes scratchy noises.

The switches and tone pot are all ok.

The finishing is ok too but I only play at home.

The frets are also fine.

Cheers

so how much roughly does it cost for a fully pimped mbc (sustainiac, bare knuckle pups, hardware inc gotoh shit etc.)?

mbc-1 red sparkle   £569
ltd red strap       £49.99
sustainiac pro      £399
fuzz factory        £399
mbk-2 bridge p/u    £125
hap machineheads    £99
coil tap            £50
jd strap locks      £16.99
hard case           £109
uk shipping         £20

total               £1836.98

I bought one. I'll try and report back here when it arrives in the next 4 weeks. I don't post on the forums much though so maybe keep an eye out on reddit if you're interested.

Oh and Re: the paintwork. I messaged the seller and they're basically just a middle man for Cort it seems. He sells it and they ship it and that's why he couldn't give me photos. Seems a bit dodgy but he's got good feedback so we will wait and see. Worst case scenario it comes out with no paint at all knowing my luck.

On another note I want to get the custom manson hardware knobs but I'm a cheapskate. Are there any alternatives that look similar and aren't too pricey?

Edited by spacejames

I bought one. I'll try and report back here when it arrives in the next 4 weeks. I don't post on the forums much though so maybe keep an eye out on reddit if you're interested.

Oh and Re: the paintwork. I messaged the seller and they're basically just a middle man for Cort it seems. He sells it and they ship it and that's why he couldn't give me photos. Seems a bit dodgy but he's got good feedback so we will wait and see. Worst case scenario it comes out with no paint at all knowing my luck.

On another note I want to get the custom manson hardware knobs but I'm a cheapskate. Are there any alternatives that look similar and aren't too pricey?

It's weird. The latest feedback said there weren't even any flaws on the guitar (this wasn't for one of the MBCs, but another cort with the same issue)

And nah not really. There were some ebay ones for about £3 each, but they haven't been available for a while.