The comments on the last post on the Download fest Facebook page say it all. The original post was about how this time last week we were watching Manson, out of 324 or so comments, the vast majority were 'we watched Muse, they were awesome, etc'. They seriously smashed it. Hopefully this lack of promo from the festival itself (there's not even a clip of them on the youtube page like slipknot (kiss aren't too, mind) means that the band will release something themselves.

Don't see why they'd choose to release stuff from this gig, it wasn't really particularly special in the grand scheme of things. One pro-shot for a Christmas present, maybe (though personally I reckon we'll get another song from the Psycho Tour), but certainly not a full release. If they do put out a DVD for this tour/album cycle, I'd assume they'll use a gig from either the arena tour or the eventual stadium tour since that'll have more songs from the new album on it and the full Drones production.

Unless they're planning on firing up that 360 app again but, even then, there weren't any 360 cameras there to my knowledge.

The set list was real good but it wasn't perfect for me. First half was epic, then they just played their hits. I'd much rather SMBH and Uprising were replaced with the likes of Muscle Museum, The Small Print or Hyper Music for example. Anyways I'm just glad it went down well :happy:

Slipknot were way overrated all weekend though. It did my nut in. Every radio station around camp, every stall, every bar, etc was playing their stuff. I use to like them but they are just a headache now. According to their fans it was no where near their best performance either. Glad it rained and I gave them a miss.

The set list was real good but it wasn't perfect for me. First half was epic, then they just played their hits. I'd much rather SMBH and Uprising were replaced with the likes of Muscle Museum, The Small Print or Hyper Music for example. Anyways I'm just glad it went down well :happy:

Slipknot were way overrated all weekend though. It did my nut in. Every radio station around camp, every stall, every bar, etc was playing their stuff. I use to like them but they are just a headache now. According to their fans it was no where near their best performance either. Glad it rained and I gave them a miss.

See, I thought that at first, but the set made perfect sense in the context of the festival. It started heavy, to prove to the non-believers that they could pull it off, then when everyone was hooked, they went on to their hits/new material. When you think about it, a lot of festival-goers who don't really know Muse that well wouldn't know anything other than the singles, plus the band have an album to promote. Besides, the first half was incredible enough, it made up for it!

As for Slipknot, I did notice them getting overplayed, but then they were one of the most anticipated/hyped bands of the weekend, so it makes sense. Plus Download is pretty much their usual demographic. Even in the rain, their set was worth it. If anything, the rain made it even more epic! Although going back to the tent was horrible, but it's one of those experiences I can look back on, and laugh about.

See, I thought that at first, but the set made perfect sense in the context of the festival. It started heavy, to prove to the non-believers that they could pull it off, then when everyone was hooked, they went on to their hits/new material. When you think about it, a lot of festival-goers who don't really know Muse that well wouldn't know anything other than the singles, plus the band have an album to promote. Besides, the first half was incredible enough, it made up for it!

As for Slipknot, I did notice them getting overplayed, but then they were one of the most anticipated/hyped bands of the weekend, so it makes sense. Plus Download is pretty much their usual demographic. Even in the rain, their set was worth it. If anything, the rain made it even more epic! Although going back to the tent was horrible, but it's one of those experiences I can look back on, and laugh about.

Yeah true. Its just the main reason I went was because I knew from day one it would be a heavy/unique setlist (way before they even announced that it would be). So its just me being greedy and wanting more old stuff haha.

I've seen Slipknot before so I really wasn't bothered. Shame about your tent experience though. Mine cost me £5 and I was dry as a bone all weekend!

Haha, was about to post that too! How do you embed so you can play it straight in the forum btw? (I'm new) ;)

I loved that moment, as soon as he came on the big screen shortly before the gig and the whole crowd went bananas! It was brilliant!

Oh right I didn't even realise this was shown prior to their performance that day. I was most likely tied up watching a band elsewhere. Spent most my time in the Maverick tent. Ice-T was awesome.

Haha, was about to post that too! How do you embed so you can play it straight in the forum btw? (I'm new) ;)

You post the link between the youtube tags, if you click edit on your post you should be able to see the bits with [media] and [ /yt] (without the space :) ) There's a link with explanations of all the board code if you click the link at the bottom of the page that says 'BBCode'

What general journalism? :erm:. It's a throwaway two-minute interview to hype the band who were on in about 15 minutes after it was shown. It did exactly what it needed to do - got everyone hyped. We all started cheering when Matt started going on about all the heavy stuff :D.

Perfectly fine there wasn't any new info, imo. Probably a ton of people had no clue about any of it there, weren't Muse fans, and therefore totally relevant to them. Was a festival, not a Muse gig (of course, even then, a ton of people probably still haven't followed Muse closely enough to know anything...)

Matt deffo looks drunk there, however. :chuckle: