yep i asked the reception but the person there said no one had handed in anything. i left my details but have heard nothing so far. yeah i can imagine there might have been quite a few ponchos. mine was a proper heavy duty one, so typical to lose it just before glastonbury. :LOL:

Thunderstorms apparently on Saturday at Glastonbury too, sad times. Then again seeing Kanye belt out Power with lightning going off in the background would be special

Obviously not gonna get a set like this BUT it has given me the Muse itch! Is that Bestival set happening? Or was Matt just having a brain freeze? Don't see them announced on the line up and still no official news, would of thought it would be out there by now??

He wouldn't of mentioned it unless they were and also with the fact that Lollapalooza Berlin is the same weekend makes it almost certain

There's 2 headliners to be announced, Muse and someone else, and the "someone else" is rumoured to be Kylie Minogue who has a big London festival show next weekend. Bestival are probably holding out until after that show and then announcing both headliners (and the rest of the lineup) next week. It's also right after Glastonbury so with people seeing that on TV they'll be itching to go to a festival and if Bestival announce one of the biggest bands in the world right after then it'll be a massive help for ticket sales, especially since Bestival has a reputation as a mini-Glastonbury. All about maximising potential ticket sales

2 things though

1) You can't get a day ticket for Bestival

2) It's a ballache to get to

It's such a great festival though I can't recommend it enough, it's so much better than the whole "gig in a field" vibe that R+L and Isle of Wight Festival's have going

He wouldn't of mentioned it unless they were and also with the fact that Lollapalooza Berlin is the same weekend makes it almost certain

There's 2 headliners to be announced, Muse and someone else, and the "someone else" is rumoured to be Kylie Minogue who has a big London festival show next weekend. Bestival are probably holding out until after that show and then announcing both headliners (and the rest of the lineup) next week. It's also right after Glastonbury so with people seeing that on TV they'll be itching to go to a festival and if Bestival announce one of the biggest bands in the world right after then it'll be a massive help for ticket sales, especially since Bestival has a reputation as a mini-Glastonbury. All about maximising potential ticket sales

2 things though

1) You can't get a day ticket for Bestival

2) It's a ballache to get to

It's such a great festival though I can't recommend it enough, it's so much better than the whole "gig in a field" vibe that R+L and Isle of Wight Festival's have going

Thanks kindly for the info! Yea, thought it was weekend or nothing, that's mine by me, I like a lot of different music, so would be fun!

Yea, not so easy to get to!

Thanks kindly for the info! Yea, thought it was weekend or nothing, that's mine by me, I like a lot of different music, so would be fun!

Yea, not so easy to get to!

Don't forget Saturday is fancy dress day ;)

Yer there's a lot of a dance music at Bestival, especially after hours where they have stuff like The Port Stage, which is an old abandoned ship turned into a sort of dj booth with loads of effects and is on till about 4am everynight.

They've got stuff for everyone

Thanks to Mozza for the info about Skylink - I would have been screwed otherwise!

No worries. When you've lived in Loughborough for 8 years you start to memorise all the escape routes!!

I would have come down and that set looks a belter, alas I got shot in the groin, top of the head and mouth paintballing instead :LOL:

GREAT! Hopefully they've been schooled now! ;)

BTW, how much of the crowd were Muse fans, do we think? It's hard to judge when you're fairly near the front and that's likely were the hardcore fans are! How was it further back, was it jumping back too? I don't believe I ever got a full look of how many were there, was it packed right back? Matt did say "Oh wow,they're tons of you fuckers here" though...

I ended up running to Muse after leaving Marilyn Manson at 09.04 (had to see him, even if it was for 4 minutes :LOL:), elbowed my way in to the crowd and got roughly to the half way point. There were lots of Musers behind me and some obvious metal fans in front who seemed blown away. Despite being relatively far away, everyone around me repeatedly lost their shit :LOL: Lots of jumping/screaming/pit action, which was lovely to behold given how dead the crowd were when I last saw them at Stade de France.

Having approached the main stage literally minutes before Muse were due from the vantage point of the hill, I was shocked at how many people turned out. The crowd for MM at least doubled after BVB, but Muse truly packed the place out, it was utterly rammed.

My favourite quote(s) of the night from a stranger just behind me:

Before Muse: "I'm not expecting much from Muse, they're not heavy enough for download"

During Dill Sergeant: "AYE SIR!!!!!!"

During New Born/Micro Cuts/Citizen Erased: "[indecipherable wailing]"

After Muse: "Probably the best band I've seen this weekend"

Quick question: When Dom & Chris do Munich Jam, WTF does Matt do? Go for a shower?:LOL:

Probs grabs a drink and takes a breather. I'd rather he just drank between songs occasionally like other bands do though, instead of having to sit through one of those jams. Or at least make it a decent jam, the new one's boring imo.

Ha basically Download said that they are going to upload proshots was my point :)

they weren't specific about muse there really... I think it's just a general reply to keep you happy. I think if they had anything it would be up with the rest. why wait? when maiden played in 2013 they had their own team mix the audio and were credited as such, in the sky arts footage. best case scenario, that is what happens. worst case, muse sit on the footage and release just one song ad xmas present.

they weren't specific about muse there really... I think it's just a general reply to keep you happy. I think if they had anything it would be up with the rest. why wait? when maiden played in 2013 they had their own team mix the audio and were credited as such, in the sky arts footage. best case scenario, that is what happens. worst case, muse sit on the footage and release just one song ad xmas present.

well it seemed pretty specific as i asked are you uploading any muse? and tey said yes we are... in any case, if you are right, my wednesday morning just got a little sadder :-(