Incredible gig. The Micro Cuts - Dead Star - Agitated - Citizen run left me wrecked for the rest of the gig.

Went in after A Day to Remember and ended up in 4th row on Matt's side. Due to a very fortunate series of events one of the security guards was the one i had in front of me on the barrier in Manchester two years ago that we had some fun with and took some pictures with. Anyway, I saw him at Download and recognised him, called him and he recognised me and we had a nice moment.

Anyway after Stockholm he comes over with a folded up piece of paper in his hand and hands it to me. It was a setlist. :LOL: Pretty cool that Agitated wasn't actually on it.

CHfV1-YXAAIy4MI.jpg:large

Just got back from Download, my god what an incredible weekend it was, and Muse were absolutely phenomenal! I think that'll go down as one of my happiest Download memories. Such an amazing setlist, and everything was spot on. I don't even care that it turned into a typical Muse gig by the end, they'd already dominated by that point!

During the day, the mates I was camping with said they weren't sure about seeing Muse, and they weren't really into them, and had never seen them. I convinced them to go in the end though. By the time it came for Muse to arrive on stage, I was pretty much on my own, but loved every second of it. Afterwards, when I met my mates again, they all said how amazing the gig was and that they "were on another level" (two of my mates even hugged me.) Then after that, it was a night of partying and getting drunk!

All I can say is, I'm so fucking proud of Muse! :D

Hello, Download was a great day out (only went down to see FNM and Muse), setlist was stunning! Here's a couple of vids:

The Handler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VazJHjm-TDc&feature=youtu.be

Hysteria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSHQbKgyWpI&feature=youtu.be

I have Dead Star/Agitated and others recorded but unsure of the quality as a group of donuts came and stood right infront of me. Will check later.

It was very mental around where we were (about ten rows from front, Matt side). I had to hold on to my girlfriend's hand not to lose her, and my brother was sucked away and never seen again some point during New Born. The others we were with couldn't handle the front during FNM, so were already further back.

It flew by too, only felt like they were up there half an hour! I still think it was the perfect opportunity for Assassin plus a few extra post-SS riffs, but I'm grateful for what we got.

My girlfriend and couple friends were seeing them for the second and first times respectively, and all of them said Muse were fucking incredible.

Omg did anyone else go to the hippie Chippie?

Thems was some good chips. I had a bit of a teary goodbye with a box on my last day :'(

didn't get to that one, did get some disappointing pulled pork with some really good curly fries, some disappointing bolognese with some gluten-free pasta, and a really really good chilli and rice though. And a really decent decaf coffee that a mate brought me from somewhere :LOL:

finally getting round to uploading videos in a bit... I have a lot of blurry photos taken from under a poncho from before Muse...

I saw the set list for download and it looked amazing! gutted I couldn't go. But looking forward to the whole gig on TV in a few weeks time :D

They won't play the full gig unfortunately, just a selection of songs. Headliners usually get 2-3 :I believe :(

(Unless you're talking about something else I've missed in which case hell yeah)

These are A4s, the same note he no longer belts in madness :LOL:

Yup, also the same note he only ever belted once (to my knowledge) for City Of Delusion. It'll be interesting to see how long he keeps it up for. I can see him changing it to falsetto eventually, especially if it moves further down in the set.

Yup, also the same note he only ever belted once (to my knowledge) for City Of Delusion. It'll be interesting to see how long he keeps it up for. I can see him changing it to falsetto eventually, especially if it moves further down in the set.

Denver?

So at Pinkpop I had a discussion with someone who said CE was not festival material... and I laughed at him. And said: we will see. I'm sure the guy wasn't even born when Showbiz debuted. Still gutted about the fact that I got the same "rare" songs I saw years ago. My conclusion: only UK and Asia get the unique gigs.:(

Edited by Meisver

So at Pinkpop I had a discussion with someone who said CE was not festival material... and I laughed at him. And said: we will see. I'm sure the guy was even't born when Showbiz debuted. Still gutted about the fact that I got the same "rare" songs I saw years ago. My conclusion: only UK and Asia get the unique gigs.:(

:( I feel for you, it's always a shame when the lists get samey and dull. My fingers are crossed for future gigs you go to!

what a bloody amazing gig, so happy they played micro cuts and CE, and the rest, oh my god! :facemelt: if only they played that sort of sets more often, not just when they think they have something to prove to the metlers or whatever. anyway. loved it.<3 my neck is still sore from all the headbanging!

(ps if anyone stayed in jurys inn in derby and found a massive blue rain poncho in the entrance/lobby area let me know!)

what a bloody amazing gig, so happy they played micro cuts and CE, and the rest, oh my god! :facemelt: if only they played that sort of sets more often, not just when they think they have something to prove to the metlers or whatever. anyway. loved it.<3 my neck is still sore from all the headbanging!

(ps if anyone stayed in jurys inn in derby and found a massive blue rain poncho in the entrance/lobby area let me know!)

Same here, Dead Star made me tear up a little (lame).

I was at the Jurys Inn and remember seeing something, have you called reception there as I swear I saw someone handing it in..... To be fair though they probably threw it given the amount of ponchos!