:LOL: apparently in the first few minutes as well (coming on stage iirc) but my source might be wrong

God, I hope someone had that on camera.

I was discussing with the bf how he didn't use the walkway, mainly because he would fall on his arse. Little did we know he already had!:LOL:

Quite weird actually, I remember thinking as soon as I arrived 'Lotta people been slipping on-stage lately, Dave Grohl, The Edge...and that walkway looks awful slippy. Nah, that'd be silly.'

Didn't notice it at the time but I guess I saw it coming :chuckle:

the Edge was hilarious haha, he didn't slip off, he just kind of walked off. Think he was daydreaming tbh

Yeah. Proper Looney Tunes style as well.

Luckily for him I think he did more harm to his instrument than himself. Although apparently Bono has been mocking him for doing that for most of the tour so far.

Same here, Dead Star made me tear up a little (lame).

I was at the Jurys Inn and remember seeing something, have you called reception there as I swear I saw someone handing it in..... To be fair though they probably threw it given the amount of ponchos!

yep i asked the reception but the person there said no one had handed in anything. i left my details but have heard nothing so far. yeah i can imagine there might have been quite a few ponchos. mine was a proper heavy duty one, so typical to lose it just before glastonbury. :LOL:

but oh well the gig makes up for it anyway. :awesome:

I think unfortunately Matt would probably die if he attempted those kind of sets all year

they wouldn't have to play exactly that set, just throw in a bit of CE/dead star/agitated/whatever rotation and drop starlight. or even just drop starlight. that alone makes a gig better.

God this gig was so good, never thought I'd see micro cuts again after Leeds in 2011 and I almost, almost, teared up at the end of CE.

Also I must have been in an odd part of the crowd, because from the descriptions on here it sounds insane but where I was (barrier on Matt's side near to the screen) it felt less active than usual. I might just have been because I'm not used to having free space in front of me at a gig and the two people either side of me were silent, but hey I didn't let it stop me from singing me heart out :awesome:

Yup, also the same note he only ever belted once (to my knowledge) for City Of Delusion. It'll be interesting to see how long he keeps it up for. I can see him changing it to falsetto eventually, especially if it moves further down in the set.

If I'm not mistaken he did it in falsetto during the soundcheck video (on the Drones Deluxe edition).

Just back from download. Muse totally killed it. Everyone i spoke to in the campsite said they disliked muses music or it wasnt for them (actually most were a lot worse than that) and after the gig everyone was blown away. "Matt bellamy is a guitar god" was a common saying. A lot saying it was one of the best, if not thee best, headliner they had seen, even coming from some monsters of rock goers. Set was incredible and the bass was heaviest ive ever seen for a festival. Made me wonder if download stages are louder than other festivals because sometimes i feel the bass can get lost in a total open air environment like t in the park. But even dead inside was a monster. Micro cuts and CE were unreal. 2nd time ive seen both dead star and agitated i feel very fortunate lol. I also used to hate screamo but im now giving it a go after seeing some good bands.

I finally crawled in at 11pm last night after a nightmare of trains, buses and taxi's from Donington to Aberdeen! These things happen, for the extra expensive, I probably should of stayed and bought a Sunday day ticket :p

Loving reading everyone's great experiences! I've said a bit already but just to add a bit more, we were about 20 from the front, on the left side and were in moshing and rocking central! Thought the sound mix was superb from there! Knights mix sounded best ever!

Just back from download. Muse totally killed it. Everyone i spoke to in the campsite said they disliked muses music or it wasnt for them (actually most were a lot worse than that) and after the gig everyone was blown away. "Matt bellamy is a guitar god" was a common saying. A lot saying it was one of the best, if not thee best, headliner they had seen, even coming from some monsters of rock goers. Set was incredible and the bass was heaviest ive ever seen for a festival. Made me wonder if download stages are louder than other festivals because sometimes i feel the bass can get lost in a total open air environment like t in the park. But even dead inside was a monster. Micro cuts and CE were unreal. 2nd time ive seen both dead star and agitated i feel very fortunate lol. I also used to hate screamo but im now giving it a go after seeing some good bands.

GREAT! Hopefully they've been schooled now! ;)

BTW, how much of the crowd were Muse fans, do we think? It's hard to judge when you're fairly near the front and that's likely were the hardcore fans are! How was it further back, was it jumping back too? I don't believe I ever got a full look of how many were there, was it packed right back? Matt did say "Oh wow,they're tons of you fuckers here" though...

They won't play the full gig unfortunately, just a selection of songs. Headliners usually get 2-3 :I believe :(

(Unless you're talking about something else I've missed in which case hell yeah)

Well, you never know! Aerosmith just released their full Download set in cinemas, and DVD soon....Do we think it was a good enough gig to get a release? I DO! It was very special! Would they care about the slip at the start? I didn't even notice ! I'd love to see the whole thing from the comfort of my sofa as u miss a lot when you're jumping up and down like a madman!

Edited by Matthijs

GREAT! Hopefully they've been schooled now! ;)

BTW, how much of the crowd were Muse fans, do we think? It's hard to judge when you're fairly near the front and that's likely were the hardcore fans are! How was it further back, was it jumping back too? I don't believe I ever got a full look of how many were there, was it packed right back? Matt did say "Oh wow,they're tons of you fuckers here" though...

As download got busier during the day all i could see was muse t-shirts. I recon quite a lot were day tickets like myself. Put muse was totally packed. By the end of their set the crowd was so big i couldn't even see where it finished :LOL: