That would be as big an anti-climax as Starlight closing.

I want to see Showbiz close again: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2006/presquile-de-malsaucy-belfort-france-2bd7b432.html :awesome:.

Switch TIRO and PIB around and that's among Muse's best festival sets ever.

Starlight being 3rd in that setlist is also a bit strange.

Saying that a set with Assassin and Showbiz would be incredible, nevermind also keeping all of MOTP, Hysteria, New Born (with Matt playing piano and at proper tempo) and Stockholm.

Nah, Starlight was a regular earlier in the sets during the first part of the BH&R tour - and it sounded really good too because it was so meaty.

In fact, the Knights > Bliss > Starlight opening meant Matt used the same guitar for all three I think so it flowed really well too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tttBnbZ-IFU

Everything sounds so meaty :awesome:. Shame his tones went absolutely to shit for almost two years after this.

If TK can make When You Were Young a decent closer than certainly Muse could do it with Glorious.

In fairness WYWY is a big single and works with the fireworks, although Mr. Brightside feels better as a closer. Glorious, not so much.

Nah, Starlight was a regular earlier in the sets during the first part of the BH&R tour - and it sounded really good too because it was so meaty.

In fact, the Knights > Bliss > Starlight opening meant Matt used the same guitar for all three I think so it flowed really well too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tttBnbZ-IFU

Everything sounds so meaty :awesome:. Shame his tones went absolutely to shit for almost two years after this.

That sounds a lot better than Starlight on HAARP and Live at Rome did, and also sounds closer to a heavier version of the album. Why did Muse change the tuning of it from later that year onwards?

Maybe it looks weird from a 2014 perspective given what Starlight has morphed itself into.

Songs tend to be most exciting the first time they're toured because they're yet to settle down into a kinda standard version.

Hence why Knights sounds immensely boring these days because it's been pretty much exactly the same since the start of the TR tour.

Starlight's just got worse and worse and worse though. If it was like the above live these days, I wouldn't mind it being in the set at all.

I think Knights peaked, on average, during The Resistance tour though. Putting aside the whole closing-every-gig thing it sounded incredibly huge compared to a lot of recordings I've heard during the BH&R era. I surely enjoyed it every time from 09 to 11 while I don't remember much of it from the T2L gig.

I think Knights peaked, on average, during The Resistance tour though. Putting aside the whole closing-every-gig thing it sounded incredibly huge compared to a lot of recordings I've heard during the BH&R era. I surely enjoyed it every time from 09 to 11 while I don't remember much of it from the T2L gig.

Agreed. 2010 had the best KoC performances. The vocal effects added so much.

But yeah generally the performances of songs are more energetic and fun during the first tour, but they have usually figured out the best tones, riff varieties etc during the second tour.

After that it's usually a bit boring.

In fairness WYWY is a big single and works with the fireworks, although Mr. Brightside feels better as a closer. Glorious, not so much.

Nah, add a nice big bombastic outro on the end and it'd be great as a closer.

What's He Building In There Intro

Supremacy

Supermassive Black Hole

Map of the Problematique - Who Knows Who Riff

Hysteria

Invincible (I love this song ok)

Fury

Assassin DMG Version

Citizen Erased

Sunburn

Hoodoo

Space Dementia

Bliss extended w falsetto

Time is Running Out

City of Delusion

Knights Of Cydonia

Dead Star

Micro Cuts

Stockholm Syndrome

Agitated - Freedom riff

Take A Bow

Plug In Baby

Showbiz

Top picks from 5 songs you want to see live at least once

1. Take a Bow

2. Assassin (DMG outro)

3. Dead Star

4. Hyper Music

5. The Small Print

6. Citizen Erased

7. Space Dementia (guitar outro)

8. Butterflies & Hurricanes

9. City of Delusion

10. Fury

11. Bliss

12. Hate This and I’ll Love You

13. Glorious

14. Sing For Absolution

15. Muscle Museum

16. Showbiz

Revised Setlist. Much shorter than last time.

Main Set What's He Building?

1. Dead Star (Micro Cuts Outro)

2. The Small Print/Uno

3. Hysteria

4. Citizen Erased - Take A Bow Interlude

5. Space Dementia

6. Falling Down (Piano)/Cave (Piano)

7. Megalomania/Apocalypse Please

8. Endlessly

9. Darkshines

10. Muscle Museum

11. Futurism/Fury/The Groove/In Your World

12. City Of Delusion

13. Time Is Running Out (Host Intro)

14. Unnatural Selection

15. Agitated

Encore 1

16. Soldier's Poem

17. Unintended (Electric)

18. Blackout

Encore 2 The 2nd Law: Isolated System (Short Version)

19. Showbiz (Ashamed Outro)

20. Uprising

21. Survival

Encore 3

22. Exogenesis: Overture

23. Stockholm Syndrome (Crazy Days Riffage)

24. Hyper Chondriac Music

Edited and cleaned up at the very insistent request of frackles or whatever his/her name is.

I am not removing encore 1 as I believe there should be a sort of calm before the storm.

Update: Keeping this set on the thread whether you like it or not.

Edited by AdamsUprising

Encore 1 is just boring and unnecessary. Absolutely NOTHING encore worthy happens (except for the Blackout riff which is only good if Matt actually plays it).

Encore 2 is a mess. You have a build song that has a relatively big climax flowing into another build song that has an even bigger climax into a song that pretty much keeps up the same pace all song into a good encore closer. The flow just doesn't work. Showbiz into City Of Delusion just doesn't work. If you want to follow Showbiz up with something in an encore, it has to be a beefy, riffy song (Stockholm Syndrome for example). COD just doesn't fit. Survival as the encore closer is fine and IS is fine as an opener too (though I hate IS in sets because it's rather boring live).

The third encore just needs reshaping. Overture->Uprising->Stockholm->HCM.

3 Encores in general is just overkill.

As far as the US/Yes Please thing goes, it's a horrible rotation. Just compare the two songs. One is a mediocre B-Side that's like 3 and a bit minutes long and the other is one of Muse best live songs and tops 7 minutes live. :noey:

That's about as constructive I can get before I start raging and getting infractions. :shifty:

Edited by Frakkles