I'd love to hear the opinion of the people at the back of that venue about it working.

Have you ever experienced something like this at a really small gig? Yeah I was up front here, but still. If it's small enough (and a 200-300 people club IS small enough) and everyone shuts up, it works.

Though I'd rather have them play an acoustic HCM in that setting, instead of Soldier's Poem/Unintended.

Though I'd rather have them play an acoustic HCM in that setting, instead of Soldier's Poem/Unintended.

How would that work? HCM is pretty driven by its electric instruments, not sure it would be the same without its driving electric guitar solo/chords and the synths.

Well it would work, not as well as full HCM but it would.

Fine, I'll rotate it with Redemption as a closer then :LOL:

I think SP especially would actually benefit from being played like that, whereas HCM would have something needlessly taken away.

Why would anyone want a shitty acoustic version of any song... That is the way to lose the magic of any song.

Of course, exceptions exist though. But it's rare and it has to be an original acoustic written song. Like Truckdriver.

Acoustic set:

Supermassive Black Hole

Map of The Problematique

Plug In Baby

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Hoodoo

Endlessly

Sunburn

Animals

Muscle Museum

Time Is Running Out

Sing For Absolution

Panic Station

City of Delusion

Cave

Showbiz

^^^

Looks pretty good, just have knights of Cydonia as the main set closer and it would be perfect (in my eyes). Knights makes a great acoustic song just check YouTube there are many great versions!

Why would anyone want a shitty acoustic version of any song... That is the way to lose the magic of any song.

Of course, exceptions exist though. But it's rare and it has to be an original acoustic written song. Like Truckdriver.

I get where LiT is coming from. Although acoustic versions of electric songs can work if given the right care and attention, I tend to think of instrumental melodies, instrument tones etc. bieng a BIG part of a song's make-up. Part of the catch in a song can come from anywhere, such as a drum fill or a synth line, something that might have felt innocuous when it was being recorded.

Sometimes, artists do acoustic versions of songs where literally everything, even chord structure, is changed except the lyrics, giving the impression that only the lyrics themselves make "the song." As awesome instrumental songs exist, this is clearly not the case, and a bit patronising to the listener. :(

What LiT fails to realise is that acoustic versions don't just lose an aspect of the song, but that they can also gain quite a lot that wasn't there before.

It isn't about losing instruments, it's about gaining a new perspective on a song, and hopefully enjoying it.

What LiT fails to realise is that acoustic versions don't just lose an aspect of the song, but that they can also gain quite a lot that wasn't there before.

It isn't about losing instruments, it's about gaining a new perspective on a song, and hopefully enjoying it.

The gain fuck all. :LOL: Probably boredom and a generic sound.