But the point of asking for other people's opinion is to see where you went wrong and improve next time around, not suggest that their "opinion" doesn't matter.

Either way, what I said is not an opinion. It's a fact that those encores would be terrible live.

I really don't give a monkey's about your set. I never insisted you change it, I just found your reaction to feedback to be both ignorant and arrogant.

If you're not going to acknowledge it and are going to brush it off with a stupid comment like "Well, it's MY setlist" then don't ask for feedback.

I really don't give a monkey's about your set. I never insisted you change it, I just found your reaction to feedback to be both ignorant and arrogant.

If you're not going to acknowledge it and are going to brush it off with a stupid comment like "Well, it's MY setlist" then don't ask for feedback.

I was asking for feedback because I wanted people's opinions. And no I wasn't ignorant nor was I arrogant otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation. I wasn't being stupid at all, it's just a matter of opinion, something that results in flame wars across the Internet. I responded to this thread believing that my opinion wouldn't be met with such negative opposition. I was wrong. I am sorry for this and will at least attempt to remove my comments from the thread.

Slightly changed version of a club set I posted before. Feedback welcome, I guess? :erm:

Club gig

1) Hoodoo (Chris on guitar, Matt with no instrument until he walks over to the piano for the second half of the song)

2) Supremacy

3) Interlude+Hysteria

4) SMBH

5) Dead Star

6) Knights (with trumpet)

7) Ruled By Secrecy / Falling Down (piano)

8) Sunburn / Apocalypse Please

9) USoE

10) Butterflies and Hurricanes

11) Plug in Baby

12) TiRO

13) Bliss

14) Stockolm Syndrome

15) Soldier's Poem (guitar, no mics/amps, Chris and Morgan harmonising, Dom drumming on himself with a guitar case for a bass drum – I may have thought about this too much) / Unintended (Just Matt with an acoustic, no mics/amps)

16) City of Delusion (with trumpet)

17) Hyper Music

18) Survival

19) Redemption

1. Yes Please

2. Map of the Problematique + 03050 riff

3. MK Ultra

4. Hysteria

5. Supermassive Black Hole

6. Panic Station

7. Plug in Baby

8. Showbiz

9. Space Dementia

10. Ruled by Secrecy

11. Sunburn

12. Madness

13. Follow Me

14. Butterflies and Hurricanes

15. Time is Running Out

16. Unnatural Selection

17. Agitated

Isolated System

18. Supremacy

19. Knights of Cydonia

20. Unsustainable

21. Uprising

22. Stockholm Syndrome + riff + riff + riff + Execution Commentary outro

23. Take a Bow

15) Soldier's Poem (guitar, no mics/amps, Chris and Morgan harmonising, Dom drumming on himself with a guitar case for a bass drum – I may have thought about this too much) / Unintended (Just Matt with an acoustic, no mics/amps)

From a sound technical point of view: this will never work. You can't hear the guitar without amplification, nor hear singing without it.

It's a club set (2-300 people), it can work. It creates a great atmosphere too. Some bands are able to pull it off in theatres, even.

Not sure I get the "dom drumming on himself with a guitar case" part though :erm: I also don't like that way of singing Hoodoo either.

No Fabri. No amplification means no sound in a 300 people venue, it's as simple as that.

I've been to loads of gigs where bands have done it.

for example.

Not sure I get the "dom drumming on himself with a guitar case" part though

Like this:

I also don't like that way of singing Hoodoo either

You don't like the studio version then? I just think it's a better opener played that way than the way they've done it before.

No Fabri. No amplification means no sound in a 300 people venue, it's as simple as that.

...then why do unplugged songs work? Half Moon Run played an unplugged song as their gig closer, it worked flawlessly. Everyone was silent, and it was awesome.

edit: even Mumford & Sons, at a 2000-capacity roman theatre, went on a balcony in front (on the other side) of the stage to play a song without any amplification, and it again worked great.

Edited by fabripav

Knights of Cydonia

Dead Star

New Born

MK Ultra

Supermassive Black Hole

Muscle Museum

Futurism

Citizen Erased

Space Dementia

Apocalypse Please

Follow Me

Butterflies and Hurricanes

Sunburn (Guitar)

Time is Running Out

Bliss

Hyper Music

Assassin

Take a Bow

Stockholm Syndrome

...then why do unplugged songs work? Half Moon Run played an unplugged song as their gig closer, it worked flawlessly. Everyone was silent, and it was awesome.

edit: even Mumford & Sons, at a 2000-capacity roman theatre, went on a balcony in front (on the other side) of the stage to play a song without any amplification, and it again worked great.

I'd love to hear the opinion of the people at the back of that venue about it working.

1) Soup Recipe

2) Hysteria

3) Map of the Problematique

4) A Crying Shame (Version seen in Earls Court)

5) Sunburn

6) Explorers

7) Hoodoo

8) Ruled by Secrecy

9) Citizen Erased

10) Micro Cuts

11) Supermassive Black Hole

12) Panic Station

13) Hyper Music

14) Stockholm Syndrome w/ 0305030 and execution commentary riff

15) New Born

16) Sing for Absolution

17) Fury

18) Dead Star

19) Unnatural Selection w/ Freedom riff

20) Uprising

21) Starlight

22) Bliss

23) Knights of Cydonia w/ every riff they can possibly think of!