What would make a great opener/closer?

TheRD101Person

Doesn't enjoy Take a Bow or Survival closing

Thinks Explorers would be a good closer

/Nipso

I don't know about Take a Bow, I've never seen it so I could be wrong, I just don't imagine I'd like it as much as a closer as Bliss, SS or Knights, because moshpits and jumping.

Same goes for Survival, it's a heavy song but it's too slow to jump to (stupid gravity) and, at least when I saw it close, not really headbangy enough for it to go out with a bang (it also doesn't help that Matt skips the G#5).

Explorers, on the other hand, isn't trying to be heavy and in a small setting could be a nice, sweet ending to a riff-heavy, headbangy, moshy encore. Maybe.

I don't know about Take a Bow, I've never seen it so I could be wrong, I just don't imagine I'd like it as much as a closer as Bliss, SS or Knights, because moshpits and jumping.

Same goes for Survival, it's a heavy song but it's too slow to jump to (stupid gravity) and, at least when I saw it close, not really headbangy enough for it to go out with a bang (it also doesn't help that Matt skips the G#5).

Explorers, on the other hand, isn't trying to be heavy and in a small setting could be a nice, sweet ending to a riff-heavy, headbangy, moshy encore. Maybe.

Stop being wrong all the time.

I can't really imagine enjoying TaB closing, it's not fast enough for me. Same reason I was a little underwhelmed by Survival.

Doesn't enjoy Take a Bow or Survival closing

Thinks Explorers would be a good closer

/Nipso

Z2nESoG.gif

I couldn't even hear the last note when I saw it because of the CO2 jets so it didn't really bother me he dropped the G#.

Also I find it pretty damn headbangy.

The first time I saw it, he did the G#, so that was great, but I was up in the gods, so the rest of the song (which I like), was kinda like listening to the studio version with visuals.

The second time, there was no CO2 to drown it out, and so it just smacked of a copout (which it isn't, given how difficult to sing most of the set is, but it's still avoiding a high note).

If Muse had just stopped playing after Megalomania at RAH it would probably be one of the best closers ever.

I really would've loved to see it then. At least from videos I was quite disappointed with the R/L performances of the song.

There's no point in arguing with Nipso. I think he tries to be wrong for the sake of being wrong.

No, I just don't bother posting when it would be about stuff that most of the board would agree with, cos that's boring :awesome:

TaB was absolutely stunning as a closer. And the laser show used during the TR gig that I saw was impressive as hell.

I don't know how I felt about Survival as a closer, but I don't care for the song in general, so I was hardly a good judge.

And the little mouth visuals during it made my insides clench up.

I guess it wasn't a terrible closer, as I was glad when it was over...