Muse Tour DVD/Bluray?!

0KEN0

I think we should reserve our judgement on the audio until we've actually heard the proper thing ourselves, and not judge from some youtube recordings.

Yes, I have a feeling that the cinema was partly to blame for the poor audio at my screening. Lots of other people who've watched the movie have specifically pointed out the good mixing. Still doesn't change the crowd-volume increasing though.

Oh and did I forget to mention the close-ups of couples in the back making out during Explorers?

Oh christ :LOL:

Argh. This is pissing me off too much. They've truly become a parody of themselves.

Oh c'mon, you're exaggerating. It's one gig from a fucking awesome tour. I know it's the one they chose for release and everything, but...

Oh c'mon, you're exaggerating. It's one gig from a fucking awesome tour. I know it's the one they chose for release and everything, but...

Why present it as something it's not?

They've cut half the defining features of the tour too.

Yes, we knew it was going to be fuelled by a strong commercial motive but it's still a shame it had to be neutered to this extent, especially when portrayed as a groundbreaking moment for music cinema.

Why present it as something it's not?

They've cut half the defining features of the tour too.

Yes, we knew it was going to be fuelled by a strong commercial motive but it's still a shame it had to be neutered to this extent, especially when portrayed as a groundbreaking moment for music cinema.

That's another matter. I can't see any of this being a reason to say "they're becoming the parody of themselves", simply because we know they're not, and they're pretty much on top of their form when it comes to live gigs.

Of course, if they started showing the people outside of the hardcore fans circle that they still "have it"...

It's a shame that they're not proud enough of their songs to wanna showcase anything other than what "everyone" will love.

Indeed.

Hey, on the good side, my friends who are casual Muse fans liked it pretty good. In summary meaning this movie is a success because that is what Muse was aiming for.

This, is a pretty good looking product from the setlist to the production aimed to mainstream audience. What's wrong with that? They have the right to do that, but don't expect otherwise.

Matt said they want to release some obscure concerts for the anniversary. They have found a balance between casuals and hardcore fans.So it's ok. This tour had really good gigs like Zepp or Stade de France, hopefully, we will listen in the future.

Oh and did I forget to mention the close-ups of couples in the back making out during Explorers?

I understand the including of the song... but the choice to show the couples making out during it. :noey:

Least romantic Muse song ever...

I think we should reserve our judgement on the audio until we've actually heard the proper thing ourselves, and not judge from some youtube recordings.

Not sure about the YouTube recordings, as I have no reason to look them up, but some of the cinemas had terrible sound.

Impossible to say if this was just certain theaters, a different sound mix for the cinema release, or exists on the actual DVD.

The one I saw was muddy, had excessively loud crowd noise that drowned too much out (I couldn't hear the last notes of Survival at all - could have been overdubbed, or there just could have been no note there and I was hearing the crowd; I physically couldn't tell,) and some songs mixing seemed off (for example, a few songs had loud, tinny drum noise throughout.)

I didn't feel the "distance" thing. There were a lot of closer shots, but they also wanted to show the massive scale of the venue/stage. I thought it was a good mix.

Just back from the cinema, it was really good a lot of the time (particularly for Supremacy which sounded amazing) but cutting out LS and SS made for a really long cheese section for which the cringe factor was amplified 10,000 times when you can see Matt close up mugging for the camera.

On rewatches I'll probably watch until the end of Follow Me, then skip forwards to Supermassive Black Hole. Also I'll maybe stop it after Uprising to go watch the extras. :LOL:

Also funny that they're embarrassed by Charles but not by Matt's shenanigans during Madness, Starlight and Undisclosed Desires.

Archived