Muse Tour DVD/Bluray?!

0KEN0

He means he was expecting it to be bad, not that he was expecting Uns and SS to be cut specifically.

Yeah well, anyone who frequently visits this site knows the setlist of the gig already, so obviously we had a good idea of what the release would be like.

There really isn't many ways to realistically make it bad other than cutting its most interesting songs, so not sure what else he could be expecting to make it bad...

Well SS is on the DVD, I guess they wanted to show off the arena tour as well as the stadium one.

Yeah if I go into a separate section of the DVD menu and listen to it individually. I might as well just play it on youtube.

Yeah at least that will look cool.

Still, should have used New Born from some arena gig (with the Headup outro), Stockholm + Freedom from Rome, Unsustainable from Rome, Isolated System opening with the pyramid going down from the arena tour.

:musearedumb:

Maybe it's time to complain like for the haarp dvd ! At least, why can't they put Liquid State or Stockholm Syndrome with the huge freedom outro only on cd ? For Haarp, there was at least Micro Cuts on cd that wasn't on dvd, making the cd a bit interesting ! Here, the cd is just useless ! There's nothing but disappointment about this release. With a bit of complain, maybe they'll change some things..

Maybe it's time to complain like for the haarp dvd ! At least, why can't they put Liquid State or Stockholm Syndrome with the huge freedom outro only on cd ? For Haarp, there was at least Micro Cuts on cd that wasn't on dvd, making the cd a bit interesting ! Here, the cd is just useless ! There's nothing but disappointment about this release. With a bit of complain, maybe they'll change some things..

I don't remember where, but i complained exactly about this.

I'm guessing they realised the robot didn't look very good on the DVD, or they just realised that the song drags on a bit too much live.

I would be with you on this... except IS is included, drags on even longer, and Uns at least has the band performing.

I'm sure the robot didn't look anymore stupid than the petrol lady, or the coffin people, either. :(

At least it was more fun.

I'm seriously wondering whether Guiding Light was put on the CD as a joke, because there's literally no reason for it to be there. Especially over something like TIRO, one of their most popular songs among casuals, or Survival, one of the couple of songs that got any kind of publicity from T2L (not that I'm particularly keen to even hear those two but they're a damn sight more entertaining).

There's actually a good reason for GL... despite the fact it seems hated by a portion of the fanbase, this DVD encompasses TR, as well as T2L. There wasn't a DVD for TR. Some of the older hits got cut because they've featured on DVD/CDs in the past. Not happy about it, but I get it.

Survival not being on the CD is a bit mindblowing, though.

I hate the song, and I'm still floored by that one.

The SS visuals were still good at the arena, and I'm glad it's at least there. Why not pick a gig with the real Freedom outro, though? Which was fucking amazing and happened at multiple gigs.

At this rate, I really wouldn't be surprised if Zepp getting released and the 20th anniversary gigs turn out not to happen.

I always thought Zepp would be a digital release; was never expecting a DVD.

Now I just think he told us that to shut people up, and that makes me even sadder. :'(

I agree with this, i dont know how it was done for the haarp thing

There's actually a good reason for GL... despite the fact it seems hated by a portion of the fanbase, this DVD encompasses TR, as well as T2L. There wasn't a DVD for TR. Some of the older hits got cut because they've featured on DVD/CDs in the past. Not happy about it, but I get it.

That was my initial train of thought but it really doesn't make sense.

- For one thing why would they cut Unsustainable? It was the main selling point of the album, "Muse goes dubstep." Not to mention the main gimmick of said show and the namesake of the entire tour.

- Then there's Liquid State. That was another big draw of the album, Chris taking up vocal and songwriting duties. He does this for a total of two songs and only one of them is on the DVD, as a bonus feature.

- Also if they wanted to cover the TR tour, why not include USoE from another gig in the bonus features? Again this was the promotional song for said album, if anyone still remembers the "Ununited States" game.

If these really are the dvd/cd setlists, I'm presuming Matt wants all the best songs cut, how do Dom and Chris let him get away with it? I could be wrong but this is the feeling I get. There's no way I'll buy that shit.

Why does everyone always assume it was Matt, out of curiosity? It could have been all of them, it could have been none of them.

That was my initial train of thought but it really doesn't make sense.

- For one thing why would they cut Unsustainable? It was the main selling point of the album, "Muse goes dubstep." Not to mention the main gimmick of said show and the namesake of the entire tour.

- Then there's Liquid State. That was another big draw of the album, Chris taking up vocal and songwriting duties. He does this for a total of two songs and only one of them is on the DVD, as a bonus feature.

- Also if they wanted to cover the TR tour, why not include USoE from another gig in the bonus features? Again this was the promotional song for said album, if anyone still remembers the "Ununited States" game.

Well, bonus features aside, they didn't play USoE at the gig.

I'm still actually a bit baffled at its use as a promo song for TR, but that's another convo. :chuckle:

It is curious that all the bonus songs are songs cut from the main gig, but from different shows. It's what made me wonder if there was something wrong with the main gig versions. But why not use stadium ones, instead of arena ones?

I absolutely cannot agree more with you about Uns. Its (and Charles') lack is one of the main things I'm actually pissed about. It's just incredibly stupid.

Maybe they didn't like the look of the robot, like someone said, but still. Stupid.

The inclusion of SS goes against my "TR/T2L songs" theory, as well, but it did have some of the best visuals of either type of gig.

The short answer could just be that they needed a lightbulb song, and Blackout was older, less well known amongst newer fans.

No one's really bitching about its lack much, either, as far as I saw.

Archived