Metro - Matt reflects on Warchild gig

CarrieB

Sounds positive though - a 1,000-2,000 sized venue tour after the main tour would be amazing.

I don't disagree obviously, but I don't see it as anywhere near realistic. I mean, they probably have all of 2013 planned, most likely most of 2014, as well- do they really want to keep on touring just for the sake of it (without considerable financial incentive) after a grueling world tour? It would basically be fan service. I see maybe a one-off gig(s) a possibility, but not a tour.

Also, I would NOT want to be in this forum when the tickets go on sale and 90% would be left without.

If there's a whole tour of intimate gigs it's easier to get them though.

I dunno. Another band I like did an intimate tour where you had to turn up at the venues to buy tickets and a lot of people still didn't get tickets, but the same group of around 10 women miraculously got tickets to every gig. Caused a bit of resentment.

I dunno. Another band I like did an intimate tour where you had to turn up at the venues to buy tickets and a lot of people still didn't get tickets, but the same group of around 10 women miraculously got tickets to every gig. Caused a bit of resentment.

I'm not saying it's easy, just easier than with a single gig like Shepherd's Bush Empire :chuckle:

This... can totally see the same thing happening with Muse.

I like the idea but it's a nightmare to get tickets to arena gigs, I can't imagine how it would be for smaller venues. It'd have to be something really well thought out.

I've always loved the idea of smaller venues. I hate stadiums (but yes.. I am going to a few :LOL: ). I'm not interested in the 'show' at all, I just want to see Muse and I'd rather see them in relative close up than as ants in the distance.

But yeah, I'll only love those small shows if I get to go! :p

Being cynical, maybe it's poor ticket sales for the stadium tour that has made them reconsider how expensive it all is?

Didn't he say some bs about intimate gigs during The Resistance?

I'll believe it when I see it :phu:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks that!

I'm pretty sure he talked about stripped back album and shows after the resistance and we ended up with arenas with a giant pyramid hanging from the ceiling.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks that!

I'm pretty sure he talked about stripped back album and shows after the resistance and we ended up with arenas with a giant pyramid hanging from the ceiling.

There's a quote here somewhere (can't remember which thread off hand) where Matt says that he has wanted to do more acoustic tracks on their albums but he hasn't been able to persuade Dom or Chris up to now.

It's not the same thing but it's interlinked I suppose as acoustic songs work better in intimate shows.

I would love to see them do more intimate shows but obviously there would be a problem with tickets for smaller gigs, so I'm not sure how practical it is.

Maybe if they did both, big shows and intimate shows, but that might mean that they did less arena shows, and those of us who missed out on tickets would only be able to see them at stadiums.

Of course that is unless their popularity snow dived. Hopefully that won't happen but, if it did, smaller shows would be the upside I suppose.

I would be willing to believe he truly means he'd WANT to do them... but the logistics just don't seem to be there...

Giving tickets to forum members, as well, what's to stop people from just mass signing up when they realize that's how it goes down?

It might work in some US states, maybe, but not many. I couldn't even get tickets for the other Muse show I wanted to go to.

Friend keeps bitching over going to the Imagine Dragons show, but they're playing some pissant tiny little venue and tickets are up to like $500.

Would sort of negate Matt bitching about "rich" fans being boring...

There's a quote here somewhere (can't remember which thread off hand) where Matt says that he has wanted to do more acoustic tracks on their albums but he hasn't been able to persuade Dom or Chris up to now.

He said in 2007 that they'll never write an electronic track.

Literally half a year later - Undisclosed Desires was made.

Half of Matt's promises and ideas do not materialise.

Seems like he took after Bono in this department as well. :p

The latter actually promised some stripped back small shows a hundred years ago and then we had The Claw on the fully stadium 360 Tour

I would be willing to believe he truly means he'd WANT to do them... but the logistics just don't seem to be there...

This.

He said in 2007 that they'll never write an electronic track.

Literally half a year later - Undisclosed Desires was made.

Half of Matt's promises and ideas do not materialise.

Seems like he took after Bono in this department as well. :p

The latter actually promised some stripped back small shows a hundred years ago and then we had The Claw on the fully stadium 360 Tour

Yes, people change their minds, have different ideas about what they feel they want to do at different times, depending on their moods, experiences, immediate circumstances etc. I do, I don't know whether you do.

It's probably not worth depending too much on what is said in an interview about future plans. Some of it will come to fruition. Some of it won't. It doesn't mean that it is completely made up, more that it's a reflection of what is being thought about at the time of the interview.

Yes, people change their minds, have different ideas about what they feel they want to do at different times, depending on their moods, experiences, immediate circumstances etc. I do, I don't know whether you do.

It's probably not worth depending too much on what is said in an interview about future plans. Some of it will come to fruition. Some of it won't. It doesn't mean that it is completely made up, more that it's a reflection of what is being thought about at the time of the interview.

yeah, I'm a bit like this myself, have a lot more ideas thrown away rather than realised, so I don't blame him :D

but when you're a rock star with a ton of fans you wouldn't wanna disappoint them by promising something that can't happen.

we'll see :)

at least I'm quite confident that his promise about playing the oldies at stadiums is true.

they already did a lot of pleasant setlist tweaking.

still waiting for MM though, as it was mentioned in the q&a before album's release :erm:

Giving tickets to forum members, as well, what's to stop people from just mass signing up when they realize that's how it goes down?

What kind of logistics are you thinking about because I can't think of any that would be an issue?

- venues: I imagine there is no difference between booking a small or big venue

- logistics: I would be a lot easier to move gears from one venue to the other as there would be a lot less than their normal production.

- tickets: again I can't see a problem with that

At the end of the day if they have a team that can organise arena and stadium tours I'm sure they have the expertise to organise a small venue tour.

Archived