#ASKMUSE Twitter Q&A Monday 18th February @ 18:30 GMT

KirkBot

Everyone should just get behind Dead Star because it's Dead Star :yesey:
This is exactly what I mentioned in the thread for the dead star thing. People are too selfish for this to work, because they'll all just end up calling for their favourites and as a result, nothing will happen.

Citizen Erased is 1000 times better than Dead Star and I would rather see Citizen Erased played more regularly rather than Dead Star being brought back just for the sake of "how rare it is". And it certainly is special to those people like me who have never seen it played live.

:ohmy:... :noey: I don't like Dead Star because it's rare! I like it because it's fucking awesome.

Is it really though? I'd say they're pretty much even.

:yesey:

Everyone should just get behind Dead Star because it's Dead Star :yesey:

:yesey: :yesey:

This is exactly what I mentioned in the thread for the dead star thing. People are too selfish for this to work, because they'll all just end up calling for their favourites and as a result, nothing will happen.

Yep :( I agree.

Is it really though? I'd say they're pretty much even.

I don't know, I personally just think Citizen Erased beats Dead Star on so many levels. I don't see how you can say a 7 minute song with heavy guitar riffs, as well as a beautiful piano ending is even with a 3 and a half minute song which contains mostly just heavy riffs and screaming.

In terms of pure scale Citizen Erased is so much huger. Plus Citizen Erased is an album track; Dead Star is a B-Side.

Which means basically nothing though? :chuckle:

Which means it probably is overall more well known. Also while yes Muse does have an awesome collection of b-sides (or to be more nitpicky, "non-album tracks") they aren't on the albums for a reason.

I still think Dead Star is a pretty awesome song but just in my opinion it is nowhere near as good as Citizen Erased.

Citizen Erased is 1000 times better than Dead Star and I would rather see Citizen Erased played more regularly rather than Dead Star being brought back just for the sake of "how rare it is". And it certainly is special to those people like me who have never seen it played live.

Yup. I will never understand the love for Dead Star. I mean, people are always on Muse's case (often rightfully so) for being too obvious in their influences, yet Dead Star gets a pass despite being such a clear RATM knock-off.

Yup. I will never understand the love for Dead Star. I mean, people are always on Muse's case (often rightfully so) for being too obvious in their influences, yet Dead Star gets a pass despite being such a clear RATM knock-off.

:LOL: Implying Muse fans care when Muse obviously rip off things like RATM and Rachmaninoff.

Heh, looks like this will be another Q&A full of 'play ____' and 'when are you coming to _____'.

Sadly, I cannot for the life of me remember any decent question to ask them :facepalm: And when I do, the session will be over lol

And they will, as usual, pick the most random questions to answer and skilfully ignore the most interesting ones :LOL:

Archived