Glorious

Assassin

Sing For Absolution

City of Delusion

Muscle Museum

Endlessly

Hoodoo

Oh look, that was really easy.

Can people stop fapping to CE already? Yes, it's a great song and it's good live, but stop it already. You can't moan about the lack of rarities when you know that CE will be the default song for any potential "rarity" slot. Focus on getting something that's actually rare instead.

That did quite annoy me back in 2010. Everyone complained about Muse ignoring the setlist polls and never shuffling the setlists, but any time they brought in Citizen Erased (which was frequent) it was suddenly the best setlist ever.

It's really not much of a surprise they ignored the polls mostly. CE was in the top 5 plenty of times so they just had to practice that and Bliss and they could satisfy most of the fans for most of the gigs. Hell there was even that citizenerased.com joke at Manchester.

I'll repeat that I did love it live, but there's plenty of songs that do the heavy parts heavier and better and the softer parts just as good (the ending was my favorite part of seeing it).

Showbiz

Dead Star

Fury

Glorious

Assassin

Sing For Absolution

City of Delusion

Muscle Museum

Endlessly

Hoodoo

Oh look, that was really easy.

Can people stop fapping to CE already? Yes, it's a great song and it's good live, but stop it already. You can't moan about the lack of rarities when you know that CE will be the default song for any potential "rarity" slot. Focus on getting something that's actually rare instead.

Replace endlessly with invincible and you have my list :supersad:

That did quite annoy me back in 2010. Everyone complained about Muse ignoring the setlist polls and never shuffling the setlists, but any time they brought in Citizen Erased (which was frequent) it was suddenly the best setlist ever.

It's really not much of a surprise they ignored the polls mostly. CE was in the top 5 plenty of times so they just had to practice that and Bliss and they could satisfy most of the fans for most of the gigs. Hell there was even that citizenerased.com joke at Manchester.

I'll repeat that I did love it live, but there's plenty of songs that do the heavy parts heavier and better and the softer parts just as good (the ending was my favorite part of seeing it).

The Resistance tour was a different situation though. That was really the tour of "take whatever the hell you can get from them". The polls were a sham from the start because it included all the songs they were already guaranteed to play. When the top 5 results consistently contained Assassin and Showbiz, I thought "oh wow, people weren't complete dumbasses when they voted".

As for Muse only needing to rehearse CE and Bliss to please fans: they still completely ignored the polls for a number of gigs.

CE was good live, but if it's taking time from one (or even two) potential rarities then I won't ever want it back in the sets.

The Resistance tour was a different situation though. That was really the tour of "take whatever the hell you can get from them". The polls were a sham from the start because it included all the songs they were already guaranteed to play. When the top 5 results consistently contained Assassin and Showbiz, I thought "oh wow, people weren't complete dumbasses when they voted".

As for Muse only needing to rehearse CE and Bliss to please fans: they still completely ignored the polls for a number of gigs.

CE was good live, but if it's taking time from one (or even two) potential rarities then I won't ever want it back in the sets.

Well yeah The Resistance tour was a lot more strict with the anti-shuffling, but even though there were a few results where Showbiz and Fury and stuff showed up, the standard OoS "rarities" still were highly frequent. I really did see several times people complaining directly that CE wasn't played all the time. Just CE, no mention of MK, or IBTY, or other any other rarity that was never showing up (except maybe Showbiz).

I think it was about half of the shows that technically got something from the poll. It's less than that if you count the time Knights of Cydonia or something was chosen which doesn't fucking count.

Also with CE if you're in a shit crowd or the shit part of a crowd a lot of people around you seem to be unable to pay attention the whole 7 minutes which gets kinda annoying. At least something like Dead Star is energetic and short enough to get even casuals going along.

Which means it probably is overall more well known. Also while yes Muse does have an awesome collection of b-sides (or to be more nitpicky, "non-album tracks") they aren't on the albums for a reason.

I still think Dead Star is a pretty awesome song but just in my opinion it is nowhere near as good as Citizen Erased.

Being in the middle of an album from 2001 does in no way mean that it's more well known than a SINGLE, that sold pretty well actually. It got airplay and was quite hyped with the release of Hullabaloo and all that.

Dead Star wasn't on the album because it was written on tour, AFTER the release of OoS. It wasn't a leftover track.

Aye I think a question to be asked could be "Will you play rare songs from Absolution next summer?"

But yes, a lot of the potential questions seem to concern setlists, staging, support acts and sites for gigs. Not that I care as my questions usually get ignored, and I'll probably be queuing at the point anyway. :chuckle:

Yeah true. Judging by below:

There was a lot of "what was the best new song to play", "what is the 2nd Law of thermodynamics" and loads of random shit. Maybe I'm just bummed out I didn't get answered :chuckle:

The questions in that were actually better than I remember. But then there are ones like "when are you coming to spain" only to get the answer "in two weeks".

I mean wtf, check the damn tour schedule. Idiots.

Archived