Muse feature in Rolling Stone

eyduh

Thanks, I was waiting for this. I'm not completely sure how this matches the "On the road with Muse" cover title however, I thought this would be a more of a behind-the-scenes of the tour thing. Really nice write-up, though, didn't Rolling Stone used to ignore/dislike Muse?

Thanks, I was waiting for this. I'm not completely sure how this matches the "On the road with Muse" cover title however, I thought this would be a more of a behind-the-scenes of the tour thing. Really nice write-up, though, didn't Rolling Stone used to ignore/dislike Muse?

Yeah I was expecting a coverage of the tour and stuff too

Yeah. Rolling Stone spent years disregarding Muse; when the band was mentioned, often it was to criticize them for being too bombastic/over-the-top/epic. I feel like the complete 180 may have something to do with the approval of Tom Morello and U2. Rolling Stone worships those guys.

All the same, it's a pretty well-written article. The ending is nice.

Doesn't every Muse article just wank off Matt nowadays? Even in Dom's drum interview it spoke more about Matt than Dom :LOL:

Yeah, that one was horrible. :facepalm: That article in a nutshell = Mag: What advice would you give to aspiring drummers? Dom: Continue practicing, learning, and improving your skills even when you think you've made it to the top. Mag: Or find your own genius and gloriously amazing Matt Bellamy? Dom: ...

:noey::LOL:

Yeah, that one was horrible. :facepalm: That article in a nutshell = Mag: What advice would you give to aspiring drummers? Dom: Continue practicing, learning, and improving your skills even when you think you've made it to the top. Mag: Or find your own genius and gloriously amazing Matt Bellamy? Dom: ...

that's ridiculous. Those mags need to get a grip

Dom:

An Orchestra. Yeah, I'm okay with that.

A synthesizer. Hell no, we are a three-piece. :mad:

:love: him

so true! :noey: was a good interview till that point, was awkward even through a piece of paper :LOL:

Oh god that photo of Matt :LOL:

The last thing you can say about Muse's sound is that it's organic. There's literally nothing organic about Muse's set up - it's all digital trickery and filtered nonsense. Bleurgh.

Even if that was true (I personally disagree but whatever), what would be wrong with that?

What's wrong with plugging a guitar into an amp and playing it? It just sounds better. Matt's guitars sounds glitchy half the time. Hysteria has absolutely no beef at all any more.

Bring back the 2004-era setup. The Bomber sounded monstrous.

This is true, it did sound a lot better but there are still some amazing tones that he gets nowadays. The new SMBH tone for example, so beefy

But still, that's not to say he doesn't just use the amp clean still, just not as much

The last thing you can say about Muse's sound is that it's organic. There's literally nothing organic about Muse's set up - it's all digital trickery and filtered nonsense. Bleurgh.

Bring back the 2004-era setup. The Bomber sounded monstrous.

Yep, that's my point. They need to reunite to that sound again, but I'd take an orchestra over a synth at the moment.

If only :(

:(

Archived