My guess is a short 1 hour set along the lines of the R2 In Concert.

I went to last year's War Child gig. Ed Sheeran, headlining, did a 60 min set. Coxon & Albarn (who accounted for the bulk of the front of the queue), supporting, played 3 songs. Quite amusing to see all the Blur fans piling out before Sheeran came on stage...

Also, I'm a bit horrified to learn that tickets can't be sold on or swapped... I've been suffering a chest/breathing problem recently and was going to see how I felt nearer the time to see if I should swap for a seat (didn't think I'd have a problem finding someone to swap with at a gig like this).

I may now end up having to stand at the back where there's more space. Oh dear. Dx

My fault I guess for not being wise and just going for a seat, but I had such little time to decide...!

I'm fucking goooooiiiiing! Jamie is my +1!

It's gonna be so awesome!!!!!

Out of the BRIT Award nominees, I think these are most likely to support:

Plan B

Calvin Harris

Alt-J

Jake Bugg

Rita Ora

The XX

The Vaccines

The Rolling Stones (Maybe... They could keep a massive secret until the day)

Damon Albarn

Jack White

Rizzle Kicks

Labrinth

I've just gone through the nominees, haha... I think all but The Stones are very doable.

Also, I'm a bit horrified to learn that tickets can't be sold on or swapped... I've been suffering a chest/breathing problem recently and was going to see how I felt nearer the time to see if I should swap for a seat (didn't think I'd have a problem finding someone to swap with at a gig like this).

I may now end up having to stand at the back where there's more space. Oh dear. Dx

My fault I guess for not being wise and just going for a seat, but I had such little time to decide...!

You could swap in the actual queue? Advertise it on here or whatever, and arrange it, then explain the situation to the bouncer or whatever at the door... Just tell them you're swapping places because you're not well enough to stand.

Ok guys, silly question but figured I'd ask in case anyone knows. Just looked at my ticket confirmation and is says Lev 2, row GA1. I went on the seating plan and it says that Level 2 seating only goes to row F. Does anyone know what GA1 means then?

General admission... So there's probably a standing section :)

Ok guys, silly question but figured I'd ask in case anyone knows. Just looked at my ticket confirmation and is says Lev 2, row GA1. I went on the seating plan and it says that Level 2 seating only goes to row F. Does anyone know what GA1 means then?

General admission maybe?

I've got:

Section GROUND

Row GA3

Seats 39

Description Price Level 1

Unreserved Standing

...No idea where I'll end up

You could swap in the actual queue? Advertise it on here or whatever, and arrange it, then explain the situation to the bouncer or whatever at the door... Just tell them you're swapping places because you're not well enough to stand.

Could work I suppose but if I recall, aren't there separate doors for standing and seats at the Empire? It'd be a whole kerfuffle if we were turned away, then had to find each other again and then re-queue

If I do feel bad nearer the time I'll have a go at emailing the venue and asking them if I can swap for a seat if there's any extra ones available, what are the chances? In my experience venues usually keep some seats free off to the sides for the fainters

I'm fucking goooooiiiiing! Jamie is my +1!

It's gonna be so awesome!!!!!

Out of the BRIT Award nominees, I think these are most likely to support:

Plan B

Calvin Harris

Alt-J

Jake Bugg

Rita Ora

The XX

The Vaccines

The Rolling Stones (Maybe... They could keep a massive secret until the day)

Damon Albarn

Jack White

Rizzle Kicks

Labrinth

I've just gone through the nominees, haha... I think all but The Stones are very doable.

If Jack White supported I'd be a very happy man. I could see it being The Vaccines considering previous years have had acts who can sell out venues far bigger than Shepherd's Bush. You forgot the terrible threat of Mumford...

If Jack White supported I'd be a very happy man. I could see it being The Vaccines considering previous years have had acts who can sell out venues far bigger than Shepherd's Bush. You forgot the terrible threat of Mumford...

I didn't forget. They can just fuck off.:LOL:

I've got:

Section GROUND, Row GA3, Seats 39, Description Price Level 1, Unreserved Standing

...No idea where I'll end up

SBE is pretty much all general admission.

So, Ground floor is standing. Then you've got Levels 1, 2 and 3, which are all unreserved seating.

On Level 1, there is a space beside the stage on each side where you can stand. Some L1 seating, normally the bits on either side, is reserved for guests/VIPs.

Could work I suppose but if I recall, aren't there separate doors for standing and seats at the Empire? It'd be a whole kerfuffle if we were turned away, then had to find each other again and then re-queue

If I do feel bad nearer the time I'll have a go at emailing the venue and asking them if I can swap for a seat if there's any extra ones available, what are the chances? In my experience venues usually keep some seats free off to the sides for the fainters

To separate doors, and two separate queues, going in completely opposite directions. Ground punters queue down Godhawk Road, Balcony punters round the side of the venue past the stage door. There also tends to be a third priority door in the middle for O2 folk.

Never seen seats for fainters at SBE, your other option is just to go further back.

GA1 means seating but its first come, first served rather than allocated seats. Level 2 and Level 3 are fairly small balconies.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feels weird getting tickets so easily for this when the O2 shows were such a pain in the arse to sort out :)

Archived