Why do people either love the Resistance or hate it.

nixter

Most on this board seem to like exogenesis so I get where youre coming from and it was all critically acclaimed etc but for anyone who doesnt like classical stuff (I mean as in symphonies I get muse has lots of classical elements) or just doesnt like it thats a big chunk of the album that they just wont listen to. E.g I like exogenesis but part of what makes the album meh is that I'll almost never listen to it and so reduces the ratio of 'listenable/skippable' in the album further than theother meh songs that I mentioned.

But I recognise that im talking a fair amount of bollocks here to the majority of people

Most on this board seem to like exogenesis so I get where youre coming from and it was all critically acclaimed etc but for anyone who doesnt like classical stuff (I mean as in symphonies I get muse has lots of classical elements) or just doesnt like it thats a big chunk of the album that they just wont listen to. E.g I like exogenesis but part of what makes the album meh is that I'll almost never listen to it and so reduces the ratio of 'listenable/skippable' in the album further than theother meh songs that I mentioned.

But I recognise that im talking a fair amount of bollocks here to the majority of people

Tbh I've never heard a Muse fan...or anyone ever for that matter, say that they don't like Exogenesis.

Whenever I hear of someone skipping it it's mostly because they want to listen to the whole thing and don't feel like they can give it the attention it deserves.

Tbh I think a big reason to why it's rarely put down is because even though people don't like the style/genre, they "appreciate" that it's impressive. It's a masterpiece because that's what it's supposed to be.

Tbh I think a big reason to why it's rarely put down is because even though people don't like the style/genre, they "appreciate" that it's impressive. It's a masterpiece because that's what it's supposed to be.

Extremely accurate

Tbh I've never heard a Muse fan...or anyone ever for that matter, say that they don't like Exogenesis.

Whenever I hear of someone skipping it it's mostly because they want to listen to the whole thing and don't feel like they can give it the attention it deserves.

My housemate who kinda likes Muse (i.e most singles) to me before the stadium tour: "I hope you get that really long thing that's three parts because it's shit."

My housemate who kinda likes Muse (i.e most singles) to me before the stadium tour: "I hope you get that really long thing that's three parts because it's shit."

You should've convinced him to start a campaign kinda like #GuidingLightforItaly. Then you'd actually get full Exo and be like avatar348316_8.gif

Overall I feel it's uninspired and it's my least listened to album of the whole bunch. Only one I've played in the past year is MK Ultra and Unnatural Selection (to compare it with the live version they played).

I dislike it mostly because the tour was a disappointment and the material is my least favorite live (but at least Starlight didn't suck back then) . The album isn't up to par with the rest but it's still a great album, just a mediocre Muse album. I can't really think of anything I want to hear live from album so honestly I see it as a waste of three years.

TBH exogenesis sympathy does nothing for me, I appreciate it as a piece of music but I never listen to it and I couldn't have cared less if it wasn't on the album.

It's clearly their best sympathy though.

It's clearly their best sympathy though.

Yes but that's like having a best way of getting hit by a car. I just don't like sympathies from muse as they are capable of producing more engaging music down other avenues of music :) only my opinion though!

Yes but me that's like having a best way of getting hit by a car. I just don't like sympathies from muse as they are capable of producing more engaging music down other avenues of music :) only my opinion though!

No but ME.

Compared to T2L, TRs highs and higher but its lows are lower.

For me, the only good thing I can say about The Resistance is that at least it's more consistent than T2L when it comes to quality and how the songs mesh together as an album. I'd much rather listen to the entirety of TR than sit through T2L. As individual songs, I'd much rather listen to Survival/Supremacy/Animals/Panic Station/Liquid State than MK Ultra/Exo Pt 1/United States of Eurasia/Unnatural Selection.

Let's be real here, what would people rather have Muse drop on their next tour? All of The Resistance material (including USoE and MK Ultra, but the latter wasn't going to be played anyways) or The 2nd Law's material?

For me, the only good thing I can say about The Resistance is that at least it's more consistent than T2L when it comes to quality and how the songs mesh together as an album. I'd much rather listen to the entirety of TR than sit through T2L. As individual songs, I'd much rather listen to Survival/Supremacy/Animals/Panic Station/Liquid State than MK Ultra/Exo Pt 1/United States of Eurasia/Unnatural Selection.

Let's be real here, what would people rather have Muse drop on their next tour? All of The Resistance material (including USoE and MK Ultra, but the latter wasn't going to be played anyways) or The 2nd Law's material?

Actually, I don't think it would be the end of the world if nothing from T2L was played. I think I'd only really miss Survival. Both Supremacy and Animals are pretty dull live, and while I enjoyed Panic Station, I wouldn't be too upset if it were put into rotation or dropped.

My realistic guess:

Keep uprising and survival as they are epic live. Rotate panic station and resistance. Occasionally play animals and unnatural selection. Rotate supremacy with hysteria as hysteria has gone down hill massively anyway. I suspect follow me and undisclosed desires will occasionally appear and rotate with each other. Madness and Eurasia can rotate with each other as all.

The rest will randomly appear every now and then.

How? Why?

Because I said so, who knows if I'm honest I would rather eurasia be gone for ever! I think the rest of my rotations aren't far off maybe? Madness is a strange one as I can't think of a song it can rotate with its sort of on its own

Because I said so, who knows if I'm honest I would rather eurasia be gone for ever! I think the rest of my rotations aren't far off maybe? Madness is a strange one as I can't think of a song it can rotate with its sort of on its own

It could easily be rotated with both Follow Me and Undisclosed Desires...

maybe even Starlight.

...wat

Well you have a go try and rotate those songs will keeping the rotations predominately from those two albums. Anyway if I'm honest the more ridiculous you find my answer the more likely out is to be true knowing muse!

It could easily be rotated with both Follow Me and Undisclosed Desires...

maybe even Starlight.

I would welcome that although I fear a starlight, madness undisclosed desires setlists will happen at some point!

Archived