Why do people either love the Resistance or hate it.

nixter

Well you have a go try and rotate those songs will keeping the rotations predominately from those two albums. Anyway if I'm honest the more ridiculous you find my answer the more likely out is to be true knowing muse!

Uprising with Supremacy

Panic Station with Madness and Follow Me

Resistance with Starlight

Survival staple

Animals, US, Eurasia rarities

everything else dropped

edit: or even Panic Station with Madness or with Resistance, and then Follow Me with Starlight

Can't see Madness being dropped. Matt loves it and it's probably the most well known song from The 2nd Law.

In my ideal set, it would be dropped. I think I'd rather have Resistance played instead to be honest.

I'm hoping that uprising and survival remain like knights is and stay forever as they are epic live.

Panic station is great fun but it doesn't always fit in to live shows. Supremacy sounds great on the album but losses something live. Madness or follow me killing off starlight would be great even though I always laugh at the woahs Chris sings live at the end :LOL:

I wonder if aspect's of supremacy, main riff and the scales part will get worked in as outros?

The first half of TR is like a collection of tracks, and they're a mixture between a retread of old territory (stuff that Muse can do very well but just doesn't sound that fresh), some Queen aping that are initially fun but overbearing with repeated listens, and new experiments (of which only UD really works).

The album is split madly between radio-friendly anthems, OoS-esque rockers and the operatic and symphonic; it's experimental but not original and it feels really uneven, and there's little natural progression to these tracks.

The symphony is good, I don't think that much of the second part but the first and third parts are very good indeed. I enjoyed the album a lot at the time because it's Muse, and I have favourite tracks that I'll listen to again, but it's not one of my favourite albums.

I think with the Resistance the highs were fantastic - i.e. Uprising, MK Ultra, Exo Part 1, Unnatural Selection but the lows were cringe worthy - Guiding Light, I Belong to You, Personally I think it was a decent album, I can listen to it the whole way as it's at least consistent but having a choice, I'd only ever really be happy to hear Uprising or MK Ultra on the setlists

Why do people hate I Belong to You? Is it a general fixation, like with Overdue? I think it's a pretty cool song, and I think I would like it even more if it wasn't for that French part in the middle which puts me off a bit.

the New Moon edit was moderately tolerable as was the live version but in general it's just an awful, cheesy ball of untolerable nonsense

Why do people hate I Belong to You? Is it a general fixation, like with Overdue? I think it's a pretty cool song, and I think I would like it even more if it wasn't for that French part in the middle which puts me off a bit.

It's pretty split. A lot of people love it actually.

the New Moon edit was moderately tolerable as was the live version but in general it's just an awful, cheesy ball of untolerable nonsense

I actually find the New Moon edit being one of the worst things they've done. I just can't stand it. To me it sounds like they did put guitar in there just for the sake of putting guitar but feels pretty uninspired and forced. I haven't heard it live, so nothing to say there.

I can understand the dislike for it, specially the French part, although I like the rhythm of the song and is a fun listen to me.

I like I Belong To You quite a bit, yet at the same time I can't really say it works as a song. It's downright loopy, and credit to Muse for trying that.

I always thought that people considered TR to be a decent album, but not a great Muse album (as people have said before). I think TR had quite hard acts to follow though in terms of OoS, Abso, and BH&R, which almost makes it the David Moyes of Muse albums; disappointing, but not too bad considering the act(s) it had to follow.

Another track I've read that people complain about is ESoE. I think it's a decent song, but apparently they were ripping off Queen big time with that one. I wouldn't know cos I haven't heard much from the Queen to be honest.

I liked UsOE, more so live because Matt would sing the bridge parts over the top and it sounded more powerful live but it's still a good song. The "we could be only one" bits sounded very Queenish, but no more so than the guitar solo in Guiding Light or the little interlude in the extended 5.1 Version of Unnatural Selection

• 1 month later...

3 of the first 5 songs are meh followed by 2 awesome ones, then one that is either a joke or the stupidest thing I've heard from a 'serious' band followed by 3 strong tracks but fail to meet the hype that was built up. So it's ok but the Tour was shit and highlighted how bad the bad songs were and barely touched the good ones.

Whereas T2L was average throughout and thus the tour was good

Archived