Why do people either love the Resistance or hate it.

nixter

Personally I find the Resistance to be my favourite Muse album. I feel it has a classical vibe to it in some songs which I love being a big fan of classical music, I especially love a section of a Chopin piece made it onto the album. Its the Muse album I listen to the most, but to each their own, right?

3 of the first 5 songs are meh followed by 2 awesome ones, then one that is either a joke or the stupidest thing I've heard from a 'serious' band followed by 3 strong tracks but fail to meet the hype that was built up. So it's ok but the Tour was shit and highlighted how bad the bad songs were and barely touched the good ones.

Whereas T2L was average throughout and thus the tour was good

Still The Resistance is so much better than T2L.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the reason why the resistance is either loved or hated.

There are two kinds of muse fans. Those who love the old albums, and think that everything beyond absolution is sub par, or those who enjoy the newer stuff without being prejudiced.

Obviously, I'm generalizing here, so don't judge too harshly.

Here's the reason why the resistance is either loved or hated.

There are two kinds of muse fans. Those who love the old albums, and think that everything beyond absolution is sub par, or those who enjoy the newer stuff without being prejudiced.

Obviously, I'm generalizing here, so don't judge too harshly.

I believe Showbiz is average, but that's ok it's their debut and they're on 20-21 on this.

OoS & Absolution/Hullabaloo B-Sides are their artistic pinnacle from 2001-2003.

BH&R is the pivot-point where there is just as much sell-out pop(Starlight) as artistic tracks like Hoodoo.

TR(except Exogenesis) & T2L(Animals undermined by stupid lyrics and ending part) are just pure drivel.

I believe Showbiz is average, but that's ok it's their debut and they're on 20-21 on this.

OoS & Absolution/Hullabaloo B-Sides are their artistic pinnacle from 2001-2003.

BH&R is the pivot-point where there is just as much sell-out pop(Starlight) as artistic tracks like Hoodoo.

TR(except Exogenesis) & T2L(Animals undermined by stupid lyrics and ending part) are just pure drivel.

I personally really liked Black Holes and Revelations, imo the Origin Era through til about 2008 was when Muse were at their best

and while they weren't great, imo The Resistance wasn't too bad (Uprising, MK Ultra, Exogenesis saved it) and the 2nd Law wasn't too bad either, it had fun tracks like Panic Station and Survival and really decent tracks like Supremacy, Animals and Follow Me

I personally really liked Black Holes and Revelations, imo the Origin Era through til about 2008 was when Muse were at their best

and while they weren't great, imo The Resistance wasn't too bad (Uprising, MK Ultra, Exogenesis saved it) and the 2nd Law wasn't too bad either, it had fun tracks like Panic Station and Survival and really decent tracks like Supremacy, Animals and Follow Me

The problem for TR(except Exo) and T2L is the lack of highs.

Archived