Hi, I'm a long time lurker here and loved Saturday that much that I just had to come and post about my experience. It was the second time I've seen Muse and definitely the best night of my life. I've been a casual fan since Showbiz, but last year I really started to fall in love with them.

I got there mid afternoon and was aiming to be a couple of rows back on B stage. We started off one row back on B stage near the stairs on Matts side, however some little kids in front of us (stupidly IMO) gave up their barrier spot during Dizzee Rascal to go and push their way through the crowd, so I wound up with barrier. I couldn't have been happier. The atmosphere around that area was insane. I was near the mosh pit that was going on by that area for those there. I was the fan girl that wouldn't shut up screaming everytime Matt came to our end of the stage - sorry to anyone nearby, I did hear someone say something like "shutup screaming" at one point :$. I actually pretty much lost my voice since then due to all the screaming and singing I did.

I was so happy when we got Dead Star, I was so desperate to see it live. I was really impressed with how many people in the area around me knew it word for word too and were singing around and jumping too. I was worried after reading about the other 3 nights that people around me would be static and I'd be the only one singing but this wasn't the case.

Those of you on the barrier on Matts side but facing the stage more with the Muscle Museum banner, I had so much fun joining in chanting for Muscle Museum with you, though my boyfriend seemed a bit ashamed of me for some reason haha! Apparently my voice is too girly and high pitched for chanting.

The steward in front of me most the night (the really young looking guy) was great, always happy to pass out water, which I was thankful for. I'd been worried all day about needing the toilet and had actually dehydrated myself a bit. Needed water after practically every few songs.

I'm pretty sure a few of you on here were quite near me from what I can make out from reading over the posts.

My boyfriend was wondering if anyone has a pic or video where Matt trashed his guitar? From where we were it didn't look like it got trashed so it would be great to see it :)

I'm pretty sure a few of you on here were quite near me from what I can make out from reading over the posts.

I was very close to you then, i was just to the left of the young looking steward, next to the bold steward built like a brick shit house, right opposite the stairs to the B stage

Those of you on the barrier on Matts side but facing the stage more with the Muscle Museum banner, I had so much fun joining in chanting for Muscle Museum with you, though my boyfriend seemed a bit ashamed of me for some reason haha! Apparently my voice is too girly and high pitched for chanting.

Guessing we were pretty close then, I was one of the guys with the banner!

I've got a post waiting to go through moderation with a link to the mass of pics I took last night :) I've probably got pics of both of you guys.

Spotted myself in that pic above too, thanks. It feels so surreal to think that I was THAT close.

The screams :LOL:

I was well prepared for the massive fireball, even had my hands over my ears as I thought it would be louder than what it was. What I was not prepared for was just how hot it would be. I screamed due to the immense heat. It didn't hurt, but it was a weird feeling to suddenly be blasted with that much heat so closely. It was absolutely amazing to be able to experience it that close. I wanted to take a pic/film a video, but I'm too jumpy a person and didn't want to risk dropping my phone :LOL:

I'll post some photos up later and see if anybody can spot themselves. I was on Matt's side on the runway barrier about halfway down.

I echo everybody's comments on how amazing the gig was. That was the 3rd time I've seen them and the experience gets better each time (not that the previous gigs lacked anything).

My only issue was with with 2 girls stood next to me and they basically did nothing all night - no singing, no jumping - nothing. I think they were foreign and the only movement they did make was to hold a sign up whenever Matt walked along the catwalk (I don't know what it said). I did notice Matt looking at it but he gave no response to it, so :p!!

Before the concert I noticed 2 girls being given a tour of the stage by one of the crew (I think I recognised them from the Gate X queue). I also noticed them walking back from the B stage along the pit after one of the songs. I've since seen a picture of them on Twitter having photos taken with Charles the Robot!

I also found a photo on Instagram taken of Dizzee (who I found quite funny) and I can see myself between his legs :$:unsure:!!

Before the concert I noticed 2 girls being given a tour of the stage by one of the crew (I think I recognised them from the Gate X queue). I also noticed them walking back from the B stage along the pit after one of the songs. I've since seen a picture of them on Twitter having photos taken with Charles the Robot!

Yeah, I noticed this too! Slight envy, but would I give up where I was in the crowd? Not sure that I would... maybe... :p

I also found a photo on Instagram taken of Dizzee (who I found quite funny) and I can see myself between his legs :$:unsure:!!

Giggidy ;)

The Etihad was probably the best Muse gig I've ever been to. My neck is still aching from all the head banging. So worth it though!

I was at the front of the B-stage on Chris' side and the view was fantastic. Deadstar was incredible (again!), best version of it I'd seen. Bliss, as always, and having Matt perform the outro just in front of me at the edge of the B-stage was mind blowing for me.

There was a lot of hardcore Musers around me so everyone responded very enthusiastically to the rarer songs and rocked out hard.

During the first encore this obnoxious bald drunk guy was causing trouble, swearing and trying to push his way onto the barrier so us on the front had to link arms to stop him. He eventually was noticed by security and told to go right to the back, so apart from that the whole gig was amazing.

I felt sorry for the guys who missed catching Dom's drumstick at the end of Undisclosed when it landed right at the front of the barrier and security refused to pick it up and hand the stick to them, hope they ended up getting it OK eventually.

Anyway, it was just awesome. Here's a few of my pics..

picture.php?albumid=3119&pictureid=34542

picture.php?albumid=3119&pictureid=34539

picture.php?albumid=3119&pictureid=34541

picture.php?albumid=3119&pictureid=34540

I felt sorry for the guys who missed catching Dom's drumstick at the end of Undisclosed when it landed right at the front of the barrier and security refused to pick it up and hand the stick to them, hope they ended up getting it OK eventually.

Yeah, I got it! I was the guy with the sign

The Etihad was probably the best Muse gig I've ever been to. My neck is still aching from all the head banging. So worth it though!

I was at the front of the B-stage on Chris' side and the view was fantastic. Deadstar was incredible (again!), best version of it I'd seen. Bliss, as always, and having Matt perform the outro just in front of me at the edge of the B-stage was mind blowing for me.

There was a lot of hardcore Musers around me so everyone responded very enthusiastically to the rarer songs and rocked out hard.

During the first encore this obnoxious bald drunk guy was causing trouble, swearing and trying to push his way onto the barrier so us on the front had to link arms to stop him. He eventually was noticed by security and told to go right to the back, so apart from that the whole gig was amazing.

Anyway, it was just awesome. Here's a few of my pics..

picture.php?albumid=3119&pictureid=34542

picture.php?albumid=3119&pictureid=34539

picture.php?albumid=3119&pictureid=34541

picture.php?albumid=3119&pictureid=34540

Love your photo of Dom :happy:

Think I spotted you through the binoculars acually :chuckle: !!

It's all about the mosh pit just beyond the barrier on Matt's side of the main stage! ;)

This was the one where it was decided to put people on shoulders and duke it out:

wp000303y.jpg

wp000304m.jpg

Edit: That's Picko in the photos unbeknownst to me at the time :D

First time at a computer since the gig. Damn, what a great time. Even though it was my 6th Muse gig, they still amaze me.

My only hope was for one song off Showbiz, as I hadn't seen one song off it in any of the 5 gigs I've attended. Soon as I heard Unintended, the tears were flowing and Blackout after it just destroyed me.

The show with the bankers/businesswoman was amazing and fresh, the lightbulb, the fire cylinders... christ... what other band can pull off stuff like that!?

Also got to touch Matt as I'm sure many others did. Wasn't too close to the front but perfectly positioned by the barrier halfway up the runway which saw a lot of action \o/

And, of course, Dead Star. Close to tears again. So happy to have finally seen it. BUT THE PEOPLE WHO JUST STOOD THERE AND DIDN'T EVEN RECOGNISE IT GAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Only negative I thought was Starlight being a very anticlimactic closer and Feeling Good :LOL:

Though, I did do my regular paper toss during the megaphone part.

But, clearly, the best of all... has to be Dizzee Rascal. Amazing stuff. I'M A BASSLINE JUNKIE WAT THA FUUUUCK JUMP JUMP JUMP JUMP

(I kid; he didn't fit the show at all but it was a laugh, it was fun and Bonkers was great)

Lastly, just a shout out to Ashley who I met at the gig and said he was on the board here. HI!

MUSE <333333333333333333333

Have to agree with the person who mentioned the wanky sound quality.

Matt's vocals suffered quite a lot, as did his guitar and keys. Sometimes too quiet, other times too loud!

Can't fault the performance and spectacle of it all though. Survival was absolutely intense! Should've closed the gig.

It's all about the mosh pit just beyond the barrier on Matt's side of the main stage! ;)

This was the one where it was decided to put people on shoulders and duke it out:

wp000303y.jpg

wp000304m.jpg

Edit: That's Picko in the photos unbeknownst to me at the time :D

You must have been close to me :)

33o14ht.jpg

I thought the first night of London would be difficult to beat in terms of mosh pit size but the one at Manchester was huuge! Also they had this slow motion mosh pit going on for unintended hehe.

The 'kneel-down-then-jump-for-song-climax' mosh pit. Can't remember which song/riff.. Maybe KoC or Freedom riff..

54dnnq.jpg

In common with one or two other middle aged interlopers, I'd like to add my slightly less enthusiastic impressions having taken the wife and kids (10 and 12) to the show on Saturday. My expectations were primed by our first Muse live show back in November at the Manchester Arena which I'd rate as possibly the best live show I've ever seen. We enjoyed it so much, I snaffled up tickets for the Etihad show months ago, hoping to be similarly overawed but the venue was just too big; the band so remote from our seats in block 212 that I was left feeling disconnected with what was going on. I'm far too old now to be mixing it down on the pitch, and we had relatively young kids with us, but this was one occasion where, after the fact, I think that is probably the place to be to really enjoy this type of event. As for the show itself, the band were fantastic, the set list pretty decent with Dead Star, Knights of Cydonia, Stockholm Syndrome and Unintended all highlights for me (but could have done without Guiding Light). Unsustainable is a fantastic live track but worked better as the opener at the MEN than as an encore here.

The staging was very impressive but far less coherent than the arena shows and, to be honest, featured some really rather silly gimmicks which didn't work for me (banker, petrol pump lady). The sound quality from where we were sitting ranged from ok to poor, occasionally breaking up and distorting. We also had people immediately behind us engaging in loud conversations which had nothing to do with the show and which frequently drowned out the music. Why come to a show like this and then engage in full volume inane chit chat throughout?

For me the most exciting part of the day was hearing the band soundchecking Supremacy from outside at about 3pm before we wondered into Manchester for a bite! As for the support acts, I thought Bastille a bit bland but at least musical and Dizzee Rascal profanity-laden drivel. On a brighter note, both my kids loved the show, dancing and pogo-ing with the best of them and elder even prefering it to the arena show. So what do I know :)

Archived