What an awesome gig! I'd already seen the show from the seats at the Emirates last Sunday so went standing this. Queued up at about half two at gate C - I heard you lot were all going to X so thought C would be quieter ;) My friend and I got one row behind the guys on the barrier about two thirds along the catwalk on Chris' side (in between where Chris plays the bass when he's doing backing vocals and where he stands for Liquid State). It was a good spot, until some cretin 6 foot 5 Sheffield Wednesday fan managed to muscle his way right in front of me (I'm 5'4"). Still had a perfect view of the catwalk though :-)

Firstly, Bastille disappointing and boring. Every song sounded the same so by the time Pompeii came on it had lost all its novelty.

Secondly, Dizzee. I thought he was a great warm up act. What could be better than jumping around to Bonkers?!

As for Muse, brilliant. Great rotations with Bliss, Dead Star and Eurasia. And then Stockholm was such a surprise as I thought as seen as it had been played it on Sunday it would be New Born.

Where I was I was amazed the crowd didn't get that into Bliss - I was jumping, head banging and singing along loudly yet others around me didn't seem to join in. The guy's girlfriend even remarked to him to 'watch out for that crazy man behind you!' I don't think I helped when I said to my friend 'right we can go home now, that's all I came for!' Dead Star was even worse with everyone looking around thinking what are they playing! I couldn't get any jumping around for the Freedom outro either :-( Clearly they were there for Madness and Follow Me as seen as they were the songs they got the most into! Either way I had a brilliant time :D

Only other thing: they really need to sort out the sound on that upright piano on the B stage. When it's played on its own it's alright, but it soon gets drowned out by Morgan's keyboards and Chris' bass. I've heard both Sunburn and Eurasia played on it and from two different parts of the arena (the back in the seats and down the front on the floor) yet the problem is the same. Which obviously is annoying because the piano is the lead instrument.

people at the front on Chris' side were poor, must of hated me i was jumping pretty much the full gig!

also nobody gonna mention how Matt completely destroyed his guitar at the end of Stockholm, as in it was in pieces!

I saw him swinging it around and I thought for a moment he was going to chuck it into the crowd! I didn't see it actually break though!

What an awesome gig! I'd already seen the show from the seats at the Emirates last Sunday so went standing this. Queued up at about half two at gate C - I heard you lot were all going to X so thought C would be quieter ;) My friend and I got one row behind the guys on the barrier about two thirds along the catwalk on Chris' side (in between where Chris plays the bass when he's doing backing vocals and where he stands for Liquid State). It was a good spot, until some cretin 6 foot 5 Sheffield Wednesday fan managed to muscle his way right in front of me (I'm 5'4"). Still had a perfect view of the catwalk though :-)

Firstly, Bastille disappointing and boring. Every song sounded the same so by the time Pompeii came on it had lost all its novelty.

Secondly, Dizzee. I thought he was a great warm up act. What could be better than jumping around to Bonkers?!

As for Muse, brilliant. Great rotations with Bliss, Dead Star and Eurasia. And then Stockholm was such a surprise as I thought as seen as it had been played it on Sunday it would be New Born.

Where I was I was amazed the crowd didn't get that into Bliss - I was jumping, head banging and singing along loudly yet others around me didn't seem to join in. The guy's girlfriend even remarked to him to 'watch out for that crazy man behind you!' I don't think I helped when I said to my friend 'right we can go home now, that's all I came for!' Dead Star was even worse with everyone looking around thinking what are they playing! I couldn't get any jumping around for the Freedom outro either :-( Clearly they were there for Madness and Follow Me as seen as they were the songs they got the most into! Either way I had a brilliant time :D

Only other thing: they really need to sort out the sound on that upright piano on the B stage. When it's played on its own it's alright, but it soon gets drowned out by Morgan's keyboards and Chris' bass. I've heard both Sunburn and Eurasia played on it and from two different parts of the arena (the back in the seats and down the front on the floor) yet the problem is the same. Which obviously is annoying because the piano is the lead instrument.

As a Wednesdayite I take offence at that comment ;)

We're not all dick heads I promise you, nothing worse than getting some big meat head thinking it's their right to push in with minutes to go (think yesterday was the only gig in Manchester where this hasn't happened to me).

Walking past the Man City pubs on the way to the stadium yesterday a brick shit house of a bloke was shouting the witty remark "Muse are Shit", was gonna turn around with a witty comment of my own till I saw him with all his mates, pint in one hand, attack Dog in the other, and thought better of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amTpgvPp6Nc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

My friend's shot of the fire bomb at the start

I'm surprised I have any eyebrows left! :eek:

here's bliss

awful singing I'm so sorry but I was far too excited about the falsetto

and animals with heart attack banker and even worse singing

for anyone who wants to see what it was all like from far away

Just watched it whilst browsing last night on Youtube. Figured it was you. :)

Just remembering a bit more from last night, when Chris was playing Liquid State and Matt came down to the end of the runway he was playing guitar and headbanging like a mad thing! It was ace!

Yeah that was great! I've never seen Matt rock out so much before!

Also, my friend told me that Matt looks like Super Hans :LOL:

Archived